UFC Thread

I'm not, I actually wasn't super interested in this one. It's 3-1 in favor of AP, and should be 4-0 but AP got caught. It's not that interesting imo.

I don't disagree. My point was not to often do you have a fight in the UFC. I mean a stand and slug fight with the possibility of one punch ending it.

I think the UFC needed them to run that back one more time just for the sake of giving them time to figure out who gets the next shot. Whittaker is most deserving, but he already had 2 shots and his last fight was a loss to Izzy.

Vettori already got a shot and also lost to Whittaker.

Cannonier doesn't really have any great wins except Gastelum, already got a shot, and he lost to Whittaker.

Next is Paolo Costa...

Du Plessis has a nice streak going, but jumping from 6 to the front of the line is a lot when Brunson is your best win.

It's gotta be Whittaker, I suppose.

I think the UFC needed them to run that back one more time just for the sake of giving them time to figure out who gets the next shot. Whittaker is most deserving, but he already had 2 shots and his last fight was a loss to Izzy.

Vettori already got a shot and also lost to Whittaker.

Cannonier doesn't really have any great wins except Gastelum, already got a shot, and he lost to Whittaker.

Next is Paolo Costa...

Du Plessis has a nice streak going, but jumping from 6 to the front of the line is a lot when Brunson is your best win.

It's gotta be Whittaker, I suppose.

Khamzat makes the most $en$e. Not saying that I completely disagree with Whittaker being deserving. I just have to say one thing if it's Whitaker for goodness sake don't embarrass yourself for a third time. If Izzy's wins pre Saturday night the 2 Whitaker W's have to be at the top. Complete mismatch both times. With AP gone I want to see Bo Nickal get a substantial jump in his opposition.

Khamzat makes the most $en$e. Not saying that I completely disagree with Whittaker being deserving. I just have to say one thing if it's Whitaker for goodness sake don't embarrass yourself for a third time. If Izzy's wins pre Saturday night the 2 Whitaker W's have to be at the top. Complete mismatch both times. With AP gone I want to see Bo Nickal get a substantial jump in his opposition.

I'd love Khazmat vs. Whittaker, TBH.

The 2nd fight was 48-47, BTW. Whittaker looked great.

Triple C straight up pleading with Pereira to fight Izzy again. He is saying don't let him off the hook and he'll train him.

They should do the rematch at a catch weight and that way they can move on no matter what happens.

I'd love Khazmat vs. Whittaker, TBH.

The 2nd fight was 48-47, BTW. Whittaker looked great.

The 2nd fight was as close as Izzy wanted it to be. Whitaker is a great middle weight but Izzy is a terrible matchup for him. They could fight 10 times and Izzy would be 8-1-1. Just like Whitaker is a terrible matchup for Pereria.

Triple C straight up pleading with Pereira to fight Izzy again. He is saying don't let him off the hook and he'll train him.

They should do the rematch at a catch weight and that way they can move on no matter what happens.

I don't actually hate this. I love when 2 strikers fight. It always produces the best fights. But I seriously doubt Izzy wants any part of AP much less a heavier less dehydrated AP

The 2nd fight was as close as Izzy wanted it to be. Whitaker is a great middle weight but Izzy is a terrible matchup for him. They could fight 10 times and Izzy would be 8-1-1. Just like Whitaker is a terrible matchup for Pereria.

You can say that's what it was, but it was a much closer fight than Canonier, Costa, and Vettori. Izzy was murdering the division and Whittaker made him sweat that one out, and he was coming off injury. Whittaker is still getting better. He's only 32 and hasn't taken a ton of damage, and he's already one of the savviest dudes in the business. Izzy's recently been KO'd cold, and that greases the wheels a bit for the next guys. Do not underestimate Bobby Knuckles' ability to solve Izzy with a 3rd shot.

I'm not, I actually wasn't super interested in this one. It's 3-1 in favor of AP, and should be 4-0 but AP got caught. It's not that interesting imo.
Wut. Those were the best storyline fights in a long time. Izzy should have won the first fight, was winning the second and third fight convincing before getting KO'd. He got his revenge in a highlight ko championship match. What else could you ask for? I don't even like Izzy but seeing the joy he had at the end was felt.

Wut. Those were the best storyline fights in a long time. Izzy should have won the first fight, was winning the second and third fight convincing before getting KO'd. He got his revenge in a highlight ko championship match. What else could you ask for? I don't even like Izzy but seeing the joy he had at the end was felt.
LOL. AP dominated every fight, and was handling Izzy again if he didnt get caught.

You can say that's what it was, but it was a much closer fight than Canonier, Costa, and Vettori. Izzy was murdering the division and Whittaker made him sweat that one out, and he was coming off injury. Whittaker is still getting better. He's only 32 and hasn't taken a ton of damage, and he's already one of the savviest dudes in the business. Izzy's recently been KO'd cold, and that greases the wheels a bit for the next guys. Do not underestimate Bobby Knuckles' ability to solve Izzy with a 3rd shot.

Perhaps but most likely it ends 49-46, 49-46, 49-46

Because he has nothing to gain from fighting him now.

Who in the middle weight division will be a bigger draw than running back that fight? Don't get me wrong what he did was amazing. But I posses the ability to break down a fight without emotion. Izzy was hurt. And hurt significantly. You can cling to your 10-9 1st Rd scorecards. AP was doing serious damage and credit Izzy for weathering it. Where Alex missed his golden opportunity was when he kicked his leg and it was obvious that there was heat on it, if he backs away and throws a couple more of those and not swarm for the kill it's very likely this doesn't end well for him. I'm not alone in this thinking. Several MMA types are saying the same thing. Do yourself a favor and don't get so emotionally invested in these fighters and just enjoy the fights. And Izzy actively campaigning for Alex to go to 205 right after the fight tells me that he is ready to go back to the ease of lapping the field again. It's all about matchups and Izzy does not match up well with Alex. But just because you don't match up well with someone doesn't mean you can't win.

I'm down for Alex fighting for the title at 205 and avenging his coaches (Glover) beat down.

AP moves to LH wins the title against whoever the random that has the belt now, Izzy moves up to LH to challenge AP for his belt. Imagine the hype around that one, only problem is Izzy wants no part of AP at LH. A matchup I would absolutely love is AP v Jiri. That’s the fight the division needs IMO. Jiri just needs to get healthy.

AP moves to LH wins the title against whoever the random that has the belt now, Izzy moves up to LH to challenge AP for his belt. Imagine the hype around that one, only problem is Izzy wants no part of AP at LH. A matchup I would absolutely love is AP v Jiri. That’s the fight the division needs IMO. Jiri just needs to get healthy.

Very unfortunate what happened to Prohazka (spelling?)

Pereria is just a scary dude. Imagine him not having to cut any additional 20 pounds. Scary

Izzy doesn't want to fight at LHW. He learned his lesson. He's not a big MW and that's a big jump.

Enjoy the fight but he is 100% right.

You are the guy offering unsolicited advice for some reason that I shouldn't get so emotionally invested, and here you are backing this guy's ridiculous statement despite all evidence to the contrary. I'm not so emotionally invested that I can cut the logic part of my brain off and see Izzy indisputably won 5 of 7 rounds in 2 UFC fights and then still say Pereira "dominated" every fight. I don't have that propensity for complete BS in me.

This is where you should have said, "I guess I remembered it wrong." But you doubled down.

I don't even care about Izzy. I don't care about Belal. I don't care about Khazmat. I don't care about Edwards. I just care that the sport is good.

VN Store

Back