UFC Thread

You are the guy offering unsolicited advice for some reason that I shouldn't get so emotionally invested, and here you are backing this guy's ridiculous statement despite all evidence to the contrary. I'm not so emotionally invested that I can cut the logic part of my brain off and see Izzy indisputably won 5 of 7 rounds in 2 UFC fights and then still say Pereira "dominated" every fight. I don't have that propensity for complete BS in me.

This is where you should have said, "I guess I remembered it wrong." But you doubled down.

I don't even care about Izzy. I don't care about Belal. I don't care about Khazmat. I don't care about Edwards. I just care that the sport is good.

Complete BS you sound like Belals mgr. With the he deserves it psychobabble. And his may be done if Colby got the title shot. Please stop with the you aren't emotional. All I told you was that the fight wouldn't sell. And I was right. Hence the Colby is next announcement from Dana.
I also never said that Izzy didn't win a bunch of rounds. I also said that he timed the shot exactly right. My contention is that at that point in the fight had Alex not swarmed right after the leg kick and followed with another it was getting bad for Izzy. Several MMA types agreed with my take. For you left wingers please understand that its not to say that your take is bad just that I disagree. It was no shot at Izzy just how I saw the fight going. I also still contend that Izzy is not interested in another fight with Alex even though it's the fight that has the most potential for the biggest payday. Open your ears and listen to what Izzy said right after the fight. Now he can go to 205 and those MFrs can deal with him.

Just go by what Izzy is saying. He would rather fight Dricus DuPlessis. Lol. Not Pereria
Doesn't matter what he says. Every reputable person that has watched all the fights say the same. Izzy won almost every second of every fight. I would even say he was winning the last fight too. He played right into Izzys plan and got KTFO. Go watch Izzy break down the fight. The only thing that was out of the game plan was the calf kick. He couldn't grasp it. He explains it has no tell. Go watch Izzys training. It is exactly what happened. He practiced that swarm over and over. He got the best highlight KO of his career and you guys think that's just luck. He was not going for a decision. He wanted to knock that dude out. He even tells him right before the bell. "I'm going to knock you the **** out."

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what he says. Every reputable person that has watched all the fights say the same. Izzy won almost every second of every fight. I would even say he was winning the last fight too. He played right into Izzys plan and got KTFO. Go watch Izzy break down the fight. The only thing that was out of the game plan was the calf kick. He couldn't grasp it. He explains it has no tell.

Dricus (I'm more African) DuPlessis. Lmao

Doesn't matter what he says. Every reputable person that has watched all the fights say the same. Izzy won almost every second of every fight. I would even say he was winning the last fight too. He played right into Izzys plan and got KTFO. Go watch Izzy break down the fight. The only thing that was out of the game plan was the calf kick. He couldn't grasp it. He explains it has no tell. Go watch Izzys training. It is exactly what happened. He practiced that swarm over and over. He got the best highlight KO of his career and you guys think that's just luck.

All 3 judges had him winning 4 of 5 rounds completed, and then there are the 2 KO rounds. Not just same score. Same exact score card. I didn't see the first fight live, but I saw the convo afterward and everybody said Izzy was cruising and got caught. These guys are indisputably wrong about this. They didn't just contend that Pereira "mostly outfought" Izzy. They said he "dominated." At some point you just gotta put people on ignore.

1681431467656.png
1681431555105.png

Just caught the Holloway/Allen fight night while going through channels. I saw the last three fights. Edwin Barbosa had a mean counter knee KO in his fight against a guy they were pushing as an up and comer. Max Holloway won his fight. I had him winning it 3-2. Allen put up a good fight against him. If I see a free fight,I'll watch it. The last two fights that I watched were great.

This UFC 288 card is so bad. I am so excited for the main, but neither guy is very popular and the rest of the card is doodoo. Need to give it away for free

I wonder if the Sterling/Cejudo fight will sell well, though? Maybe a lot of people will pay just to see Sterling/Cejudo get KO'd.

This UFC 288 card is so bad. I am so excited for the main, but neither guy is very popular and the rest of the card is doodoo. Need to give it away for free
I think they're banking on Cejudos return giving them a huge bump, but I agree this should've been a multi title ppv. I'm not sure what champ would be ready tho.

Burns and Belal is happening. Credit to both guys for taking it on short notice. I guess Colby wasn't available?

Some day he'll fight somebody, but only when Daddy Dana ensures the best conditions possible.

I actually have 2 tix I can't move for this one and I feel the card did no help. And I know you said you like Mitchell, but Pearce is from NE TN and a vol fan so there was no way I wasn't going to back him.

Edit: Typo's

Last edited:
Reactions: n_huffhines
Didn't realize
Yeah, Pearce is from Johnson City. The gym bully attack they always talk about that he went through happened right by my current place of work. Went to school with the guy who did it. The dude that sucker punched him and then kicked him while he was out is a punk, got himself shot in a road rage incident a few years ago.

Sonnen claiming we may have seen the last of McG. They've already finished filming TUF with the idea that Chandler and McG would fight after, but McG hasn't even entered USADA's testing pool, which means he can't fight for at least 6 months after that finally happens.

Burns and Belal is happening. Credit to both guys for taking it on short notice. I guess Colby wasn't available?

Some day he'll fight somebody, but only when Daddy Dana ensures the best conditions possible.

Genius Colby is fighting for the title. Keep up! And it will be at 170 not a catch weight like your boy Belal (who absolutely zero people want to watch or GAF about) suggested

Sonnen claiming we may have seen the last of McG. They've already finished filming TUF with the idea that Chandler and McG would fight after, but McG hasn't even entered USADA's testing pool, which means he can't fight for at least 6 months after that finally happens.

No I am thinking the UFC holds an option where than can and would accept 2 clean samples.

VN Store

Back