UFC Thread

Nicely played

337019814_520166426976873_1292280858991599178_n.png

I totally forgot about Belal v Edwards fight. Was supposed to be Khamzat but he pulled out with Covid. But it proves my point no one was interested in that fight. It was a fight night at the Apex.

I haven't proposed Edwards vs. Belal. I proposed Belal vs. Covington. Also, Edwards is 5x the draw now.

He won the interim title and then had it ripped away while he was injured. Listen I am not with Colby's antics by any means but outside of Usman in their first fight no one in that division has had an answer for him. Even there 2nd fight although I felt the decision was right in Usman also won that fight Colby more than held his own in that fight. Don't let your personal hatred of a fighter cloud your better judgement.

UFC fights are booked first and foremost based on who will make the UFC the most money. And right now Belal is not getting anyone interested in him fighting for the title.

If Colby does beat Leon then the UFC makes the Leon vs Masvidal fight and then Belal fights Colby. This scenario makes the most business sense.

Colby is really good, but he started peaking when the division was down. He beat Maia? OK, how good was Maia...Maia lost decisively to Woodley when Woodley tore his labrum in the 1st round. Covington fought a washed Woodley. Lawler...these guys were dinosaurs. The RDA fight was a really good win and he has other good wins. He fully deserved his title shots, especially when you consider how down the division was at the time. But it's not so down anymore and he hasn't beat anybody that's currently making the division stronger.

Masvidal was a top 3 WW for all of 2020 and most of 2021. He's not a worse fighter now, but he's 11th in the division now.

Colby is really good, but he started peaking when the division was down. He beat Maia? OK, how good was Maia...Maia lost decisively to Woodley when Woodley tore his labrum in the 1st round. Covington fought a washed Woodley. Lawler...these guys were dinosaurs. The RDA fight was a really good win and he has other good wins. He fully deserved his title shots, especially when you consider how down the division was at the time. But it's not so down anymore and he hasn't beat anybody that's currently making the division stronger.

Masvidal was a top 3 WW for all of 2020 and most of 2021. He's not a worse fighter now, but he's 11th in the division now.

And yet Leon was saying he’d like to fight Masvidal next. So he says Colby doesn’t deserve the shot, but the guy Colby absolutely manhandled for 5 rounds and who has lost his last 3 does? Leon seems like he’s looking to avoid Colby’s style of fight.

Reactions: vols40

No way are you suggesting that the two punches Masvidal hit Colby with (one in their fight and the sucker punch outside the night club) that he "deserves" the title shot over Colby.

3-3 in his last 6? Beating Nate Diaz Ben Askren and Darren Till. 3 guys no longer in the UFC.

Before that 0-2 against Wonderboy and Maia

I haven't proposed Edwards vs. Belal. I proposed Belal vs. Covington. Also, Edwards is 5x the draw now.

I get what you are trying to say but why would the UFC not be interested in having their champion fight before Belal? It's the same reason Nick Diaz jumped the line after beating BJ Penn to fight GSP for the title. $$$$

And yet Leon was saying he’d like to fight Masvidal next. So he says Colby doesn’t deserve the shot, but the guy Colby absolutely manhandled for 5 rounds and who has lost his last 3 does? Leon seems like he’s looking to avoid Colby’s style of fight.

Exactly! And let me say that I 1000% love Leon's story. It also appears he has upped his wrestling alot since the head kick done fight.

No way are you suggesting that the two punches Masvidal hit Colby with (one in their fight and the sucker punch outside the night club) that he "deserves" the title shot over Colby.

3-3 in his last 6? Beating Nate Diaz Ben Askren and Darren Till. 3 guys no longer in the UFC.

Before that 0-2 against Wonderboy and Maia

That is not what I'm suggesting at all.

Last edited:
I get what you are trying to say but why would the UFC not be interested in having their champion fight before Belal? It's the same reason Nick Diaz jumped the line after beating BJ Penn to fight GSP for the title. $$$$

Why are they sitting there doing nothing is the real question? You act like 3 days ago was the time they should've started thinking about this.

Edwards just fought 5 rounds. Why are they rushing him to a fight, meanwhile Colby's been game-planning for him for a year now? Dana might as well be Colby's agent.

Who cares what Leon says about who he wants? You keep making this point. It has nothing to do with whether or not Colby deserves to sit out forever and then jump to the front of the line.

Didn't Jon Jones sit out for 3 years and come right into a new division and get a title shot? Did he deserve it?

You're talking about the guy with the greatest resume of all time. Also, not sure Stipe wanted Gane. I imagine he was hoping JJ would win and he could have this $ fight with Bones

So don't give it to Jones, he "didn't deserve it" after sitting out for 3 years.

Jones is the GOAT. I get it if you're talking about somebody comparable to Colby, not the exception to all rules. Maybe come with a more reasonable comparison and I'll find it easier to agree with the point.

Who cares what Leon says about who he wants? You keep making this point. It has nothing to do with whether or not Colby deserves to sit out forever and then jump to the front of the line.

Lol you can’t be serious? You have now posted multiple graphics with quotes from Leon about who he wants or thinks is undeserving, so I kind of figured you did. If you or no one cares, why do you keep posting them 😂

I wonder how this will play out. $$$$

“I definitely have a say,” Leon Edwards said on The MMA Hour. “Listen, he ain’t getting a title shot next, right. Look at the road I had to take to get there. There’s no way you’re getting beat twice by the guy that I just beat twice, went out and beat [Jorge] Masvidal, and then sit out for a year and a half. Not even tweeting or nothing, just go missing for a year and then randomly pops up at the weigh-ins and it’s like, ‘OK, he’s fighting for the title next.’ It makes no sense at all. So let’s see how it plays out, he has to go out there and earn his way like I had to do.”

Why are they sitting there doing nothing is the real question? You act like 3 days ago was the time they should've started thinking about this.

Edwards just fought 5 rounds. Why are they rushing him to a fight, meanwhile Colby's been game-planning for him for a year now? Dana might as well be Colby's agent.

According to Belal it's because Colby is white

I wonder how this will play out. $$$$

“I definitely have a say,” Leon Edwards said on The MMA Hour. “Listen, he ain’t getting a title shot next, right. Look at the road I had to take to get there. There’s no way you’re getting beat twice by the guy that I just beat twice, went out and beat [Jorge] Masvidal, and then sit out for a year and a half. Not even tweeting or nothing, just go missing for a year and then randomly pops up at the weigh-ins and it’s like, ‘OK, he’s fighting for the title next.’ It makes no sense at all. So let’s see how it plays out, he has to go out there and earn his way like I had to do.”

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Colby is getting the next shot. Matt Brown said he thought this is a very winnable fight for Leon. I agree and how big would Leon's light shine if he head kick ko's Colby? Unless Leon is not interested in the biggest $$$ fight outside Masvidal. Nobody is clamoring for Jorge to fight for the title

There is no good explanation, whatever it is.

Who should Leon fight? Should there be this welterweight tournament and he fights the last guy standing? Ridiculous. It's not Colby's fault that no one wants to see anybody else at the top of the 170 division.

Dana's trying to have Belal fight Shavkat. Nobody wants that guy. 17-0, all finishes, and now he's got 2 wins against ranked guys (current #8 and #12). He seriously has almost every kind of finish you can think of.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Dana's trying to have Belal fight Shavkat. Nobody wants that guy. 17-0, all finishes, and now he's got 2 wins against ranked guys (current #8 and #12).

It's because Dana is a smart business man and knows where the money is.

Leon beats Colby, Rhakmanov beats Belal= Leon V Rhakmanov in Adu Dabi$$$$$$

Colby beats Leon, Rhakmanov beats Belal= Colby V Rhakmanov in Adu Dabi and then Leon can fight Jorge regardless of whether Jorge loses to Gilbet$$$$$

Most unlikely but
Jorge Beats Gilbert, Leon beats Colby
Jorge V Leon for the title at the O2 arena=. Again $$$$$$

Dana wants Belal to fight Rhakmanov because no one is interested in Belal at this time. Maybe that changes with Belals heal turn saying borderline Colby nonsense that he's getting the fight because he is white.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Dana's trying to have Belal fight Shavkat. Nobody wants that guy. 17-0, all finishes, and now he's got 2 wins against ranked guys (current #8 and #12). He seriously has almost every kind of finish you can think of.

No decisions for him that's for sure. Neal Magny win was nice. It's time he steps up in competition.

If Belal won't fight him then he needs a new nickname. Change it to Belal bullied Muhammad

No decisions for him that's for sure. Neal Magny win was nice. It's time he steps up in competition.

If Belal won't fight him then he needs a new nickname. Change it to Belal bullied Muhammad

All these guys want to protect their records. When you're making a name for yourself, you're a little braver, but you still protect yourself and try to get favorable matchups. Belal and Colby are doing what's in their best interest. I will say, 4 of Belal's last 5 opponents are all currently ranked in the top 10, so it's not like he's been avoiding tough guys. Both of them needed each other to rightfully earn this Edwards fight.

VN Store

Back