Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really see the whining, even about Uros. He made a hard box out and Filipowski went flying because he’s not used to it. So what.

Vols play physical ball. Again, so what. I didn’t see a single dirty play.

I’ve always believed, and was taught when I played, if you’re gonna have to foul, make sure it’s a legit foul, not a ticky tack slap or reach while a guy blows by you to get an easy and one. It’s just not as typical these days. Looks like 80s - early 90s ball.

SEC crews have had a hard time calling our games all season because of it. At least the crews in the two tourney games have let the guys play and been consistent all game. The SEC games where we struggled was in part because of inconsistent calls.

Just call the game the same all the way through and we’ll be fine.

Coach Red Sarachek coached basketball at Yeshiva University in New York City from 1940-1969. He mentored a number of well-known coaches, including William “Red” Holzman who led the Knicks from 1967-1982. Sarachek is credited with the invention of the 1-3-1 half-court zone defense. Sarachek was known to constantly evolve and experiment with strategies and configurations and was the likely origin of a number of interesting basketball strategies.

Nope, it was Mears…😎

Banks quotes:

“We think we have made some strides,”

“We also understand there is a lot of work yet to be done. We feel like we recruited at a higher level, and we have some young guys coming in here that we hope will be able to help us transition to being able to be more efficient with our four-man packages. I think we will be. But yeah, if we do that, do it at a high level, it just makes everyone else’s job that much easier.

“Just being able to tighten up on the back end, and it’s not just the back end because linebackers are included in that. Making sure when we are in some zone principles that guys are where they need to be consistently. Just like anything, there were a lot of good things that we did in the pass game, but for us to continue to grow, we have to be able to affect the quarterback a little bit better, particularly in some of our four-man concepts, and then we have to be able to hold up, whether we are in man or zone, linebackers and defensive backs included.”

HH to the Vikings would be a homerun for both sides. Having those offensive pieces would be ridiculous for him.
Would feed Jefferson for sure. Knows how to go to his money. Still doubt they use a first rounder, but I believe you’re better off going for your guy early as opposed to following the “value” mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back