Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know...I am actually more worried about FAU than I am Kansas State or Michigan State if we make it to the Elite Eight.

Kansas State is a 9 loss over seeded Big 12 team, Rick always seems to play the Big 12 schools well. And regardless of seed Michigan State is pretty damn close to a blue blood so it'll be easy to get up for that game.

FAU though is full of small quick guards and a great 3 ball shooting team that's grossly under seeded because of their weak conference. I don't want us to play down, I hope the team didn't lose that chip they were playing with because they made the Sweet Sixteen, this year is a perfect year to make a Final Four!

You know...I am actually more worried about FAU than I am Kansas State or Michigan State if we make it to the Elite Eight.

Kansas State is a 9 loss over seeded Big 12 team, Rick always seems to play the Big 12 schools well. And regardless of seed Michigan State is pretty damn close to a blue blood so it'll be easy to get up for that game.

FAU though is full of small quick guards and a great 3 ball shooting team that's grossly under seeded because of their weak conference. I don't want us to play down, I hope the team didn't lose that chip they were playing with because they made the Sweet Sixteen, this year is a perfect year to make a Final Four!
I just hope they aren't complacent after the big win. They did all that same "don't try to be a fan now!" after the Bama game and then lost their next two games

Last edited:

9 p.m. ET, Thursday
Moneyline: Tennessee -240

The Case For
Some will say the Owls are lucky to be in the Sweet 16. They escaped with a 66-65 win over Memphis in the first round and got to play No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson in the second after the Knights upset Purdue in the round of 64.
That ignores the fact that Florida Atlantic ranks 22nd in KenPom's overall efficiency. The Owls were also 13th in NET and racked up a 6-3 record against Quadrant 1 and 2 opponents. Tennessee is 10-10 in such games.
The Owls have had fate on their side, but they are a good basketball team. They've taken good care of the basketball, only turning it over 16 times in two contests, and have crashed the offensive glass, snagging 33 offensive rebounds.
If they can continue that trend by playing clean and creating second-chance opportunities, they will hang with the Volunteers.

The Case Against
Tennessee is a defensive juggernaut. The Vols rank No. 1 in KenPom's defensive efficiency, and that was on full display against Duke.
They held the Blue Devils to 85.6 points per 100 possessions, per Bart Torvik. Three-point defense can be a volatile statistic, but Tennessee has found a way to consistently limit teams from beyond the arc, and Duke shot six-of-22 from three-point range.
They also did a great job of keeping Duke off the offensive glass. The Blue Devils were ninth in offensive rebounding percentage, according to Bart Torvik, but were limited to six offensive rebounds in the second-round matchup.
That's a key element to Florida Atlantic's success that Tennessee is suited to eliminate.
Tennessee's rebounding and defense make it a difficult team to upset.

Upset Meter: Low. Tennessee matches up too well for the Owls.

Rocking new avi

SaltySomeApisdorsatalaboriosa-max-1mb.gif

What are preliminary exams? Thought it was a defense of dissertation, then hours upon hours of teaching graduate classes, research time, and presentations at some academic conference?
Before you defend or write your dissertation you take preliminary exams. Preliminary exams consist of 1 week where each member of your committee sends you an exam each day with their own parameters. Two weeks later you have an in-person exam. Your committee comes together and grills you to assess your knowledge level of not only the subject but general information and also unanswerable questions where they want to see how you process and think through the answer.

Yesterday I had a 24 hr exam. Ended up with about 6 pages. Today was honestly more and I had 8 hrs and ended up with like 12 pages. Tomorrow I have another marathon. Then in lieu of an exam my advisor is having me write a grant proposal due next Friday. On the 6th I'll have the in-person.

Uhhh

I remember dirty ...
View attachment 541703

*FTR: Tyler Hansbrough earned that elbow

Usually, stuff like that is earned. Someone gets away with sh!t all game without getting called and a fed up player loses his/her cool and retaliates in a really egregious way. Obviously there are a few players who are just dirty but most of the time stuff like that happens because someone else has had all they can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back