Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

I feel like she’s coming back. After the game everyone was hugging on Walker and congratulating her on her last game at TBA but Horston was just relaxed and chillin. Don’t think that will be her final home game.

Can’t wait to find out for certain!
Noticed Franklin took a second to kind of soak it all in. Will miss Walker and Franklin!

So glad Puckett had a great game!! Want to call out by name Wynn and Powell as well!
Wynn had her best game ever! Think we got so see her speed and I believe her stroke looked better fro 10-25 feet! She can elevate for sure. Powell seems much more comfortable the last month or so!. I tried to really isolate my watch of Justine when she was in. She seemed still not getting switched all the time on defense but definitely moving better without the ball and definitely mixed it up inside a couple of times! So happy for everyone. BK needs some more minutes!

Last edited:
So glad Puckett had a great game!! Want to call out by name Wynn and Powell as well!
Wynn had her best game ever! Think we got so see her speed and I believe her stroke looked better fro 10-25 feet! She can elevate for sure. Powell seems much more comfortable the last month or so!. I tried to really isolate my watch of Justine when she was in. She seemed still not getting switched all the time on defense but definitely moving better without the ball and definitely missed it up inside a couple of times! So happy for everyone. BK needs some more minutes!

Fun game, really got to see everyone play their game. I agree BK needs some more minutes. She really changes the pace when she is in the game. She did as a freshman as well. I still think she was working through some sort of injury this season.

Fun game, really got to see everyone play their game. I agree BK needs some more minutes. She really changes the pace when she is in the game. She did as a freshman as well. I still think she was working through some sort of injury this season.
Who is BK

I agree I enjoyed it because it didn’t bother one bit but I enjoyed being physical from the beginning. Most females hate that part of the game. But it also start with weight room and eating clean but most importantly knowing when and where to pick your spots.
If you can bench press your mentality , then Pissott should drag yourself into her weight room . For an AA she's steps behind her basketball IQ.

This has just been a ridiculous 2 game stretch I mean it’s been utter obliteration
Play like this and we will beat VT too, may even beat UCONN.
Go Lady Vols!
Did not see this coming, at all. But dang, I'm bout to wallow in it. First team to win both first round games by 45+ pts. So happy for the total team win, Impressive balance! God love Sara it finally happened. Glad everyone got to play and did so well. How sweet it is!

But UConn is really, really good right now . . .
Dumb take. Bet you would be the first one crying if Horston’s injury was worse or if RJ got hurt. I’m not saying don’t play. But do you really think it makes sense having your all star players still
In when up by 30+ points?
Not sure what she knew about Jordan's injury but I can't imagine she'd take any risk whatsoever. Replay showed she rolled it but must not be serious. Get treatment. Make an annoucement.

I'm glad she left Rickea in a bit longer and let her get a couple of baskets. Obviously Jordan and Rickea have to shoot better against Va Tech but both still stated it up. Impressive to see what we can do when they're relatively off.
All I know is that if these first two rounds were not enough for you, nothing will ever be enough for you. Nothing. Two forty point wins to start the tournament is about as good as you're ever going to get.
LOL great point. You may be a certified curmudgeon if . . .
Attendance: 5,486 (25%)
Too bad. Should be better. $20 parking, cash only doesn't help.
And Holly Warlick is doing color commentary for the Miami-Indiana game. I wondered what she was up to
She blathered incoherently tonight! It was painful.

This has probably been discussed but i honestly just noticed it. Is the sweet sixteen being played in only two locations and SC is getting to play home games basically all the way through?
Because they are biggest draw in wcb at the moment there fanbase is one of the best right now and they are going to bring in the casual fan so it’s good business to be in South Carolina for the bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$$

If UCLA wins tonight we will have played 8 of the teams in the Sweet 16.

Talk about a tough schedule. To have already faced half of the top 16 teams in the entire country is wild.

Yeah, at one point I think we had played at least six of the top ten teams inxluding #1-5. Then there were several others from 11-25.

Because they are biggest draw in wcb at the moment there fanbase is one of the best right now and they are going to bring in the casual fan so it’s good business to be in South Carolina for the bottom line $$$$$$$$$$$$$
I don't disagree but all the sites for the next several years have been determined and none are close to SC.

If UCLA wins tonight we will have played 8 of the teams in the Sweet 16.

Talk about a tough schedule. To have already faced half of the top 16 teams in the entire country is wild.

Wild! And we played two of those teams (South Carolina and LSU) twice each. And that doesn't count the two #1 seeds who we played who already got knocked out.

VN Store

Back