Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

Justine and Key need to work on that this off-season, I notice they are scared to get hit
I agree I enjoyed it because it didn’t bother one bit but I enjoyed being physical from the beginning. Most females hate that part of the game. But it also start with weight room and eating clean but most importantly knowing when and where to pick your spots.

You're funny. UNC lost to Ohio State by 2 today--at Ohio State--while we beat a Toledo team that was completely overmatched physically and didn't look like it even belonged in the tournament. I've no idea how they won their first game. But if you want to believe that this was a great Vol victory, I won't try to disabuse you of your fantasy. Banghart done as much or more than Harper and she's not working with a tradition of 8 national titles.

You don't think we had something to do with the way Toledo looked today...? The team that just beat Iowa State, who just got hot and won the Big 12 tournament? Ok, sure...

Also, UNC had to play at Ohio State as a 6-seed because they lost half of their last 10 games and had a loss outside the NET top 50. I do wish the women's game would move to neutral sites but UNC ended up where they did for a reason, not by random chance.

You're funny. UNC lost to Ohio State by 2 today--at Ohio State--while we beat a Toledo team that was completely overmatched physically and didn't look like it even belonged in the tournament. I've no idea how they won their first game. But if you want to believe that this was a great Vol victory, I won't try to disabuse you of your fantasy. Banghart done as much or more than Harper and she's not working with a tradition of 8 national titles.

bahahahahahahahaha... All I hear is we did what we were supposed to do.

According to some on here she has beat down kellie on the recruiting trail over the last couple of years with all these all americans. You would think that would translate to at least a top 4 and hosting at home especially getting their "missing piece" back. Can't have it both ways 😂

You don't have to try to convince me of anything I'm good over here...

Have a great evening i know mine is going great 😊

Wonder why Kellie didn't put Horston back in for a final ovation for her last game at TBA?? Does Kellie know something we dont??

I feel like she’s coming back. After the game everyone was hugging on Walker and congratulating her on her last game at TBA but Horston was just relaxed and chillin. Don’t think that will be her final home game.

Can’t wait to find out for certain!

Since the beginning of the 2nd half of the SEC game versus LSU, this team has played the way we had hoped for preseason. Something seemed to click in which their nagging doubts were put aside. They won their first round game by the biggest margin of any team despite all the 12 highest seeded teams playing teams with lower seeds than St. Louis. We exceeded that margin tonight and so far have the biggest victory margin of any team in the 2nd round. Getting bench players so involved in both games was icing on the cake. Powell and Puckett had morale boosting tournaments. All this is the best way to unify this team! I am looking forward to Saturday for the revenge leg of the unity tour!

The LV bench outsored the LV starters 52-42. They could get to the final four if this kind of bench performance continues. Well, maybe, I am overly optimistic since they have to play VA Tech and quite possible, UConn.
Yep, you’re probably over optimistic, but you never know.

VN Store

Back