The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:40 PM ET, CBS

Tennessee has to clean up the turnovers and we cannot afford to have long scoring droughts against Duke and we need to hit all our free throws so we can beat Duke on Saturday.

I agree; however we haven't cleaned it up all season so I'm not expecting it against Duke of all teams Saturday.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Teams prove themselves on the court, and we've looked inconsistent at best for weeks. Tonight included. "A win is a win" doesn't work if you barely beat an inferior opponent after leading by 18. Against a team like this, HOW you win does matter. We were lucky to win this, and that doesn't inspire any confidence moving forward.
We won our opening around by like 20 plus last year. How did that turn out in the 2nd round? Winning is all that matters whether it’s by 1 point or 50.

I was being facetious. Saying that 11 points in an NCAAT game is “pretty good” when you are your conference player of the year is someone just ignoring reality.
11 points is respectable against a good team. Our best players average close to that. I’m pretty sure you have no idea what you’re talking about. This isn’t the NBA

We won our opening around by like 20 plus last year. How did that turn out in the 2nd round? Winning is all that matters whether it’s by 1 point or 50.

I guess when we lose in the second round again, it won't matter how we won in the first round.

I bet Vegas won’t. They seem to know sports pretty well
Just checked. Duke is a 2 point favorite.
At first I was pleased Duke is only favored by 2.
Then I realized, they probably set the over/under around 100. Two good defenses and spotty, unpredictable offenses. Should be good to take another year off my life.

Reactions: CrazyUncleVol
That’s absolutely messed up. All about putting Duke at an afternoon game. We play late today, Kansas plays early, and we play earlier than them on Saturday.
That's about the most childish complaint ever. They played the game before us. There is a day off. The networks want eyeballs."OMG they got 2.5 hours more rest than us!" Stop.

You

Stated I was ignoring reality I know what I see our opinions can be different nothing personal I don't even know you

Go back and follow again. I was not talking about your comment. You responded to me after I responded to another poster. My response to you was reverting back to my original comment. My “not in reality” was not directed at you.

That's about the most childish complaint ever. They played the game before us. There is a day off. The networks want eyeballs."OMG they got 2.5 hours more rest than us!" Stop.

No it’s not. The teams that played early today should play early Saturday. You can’t change that Duke played before us today, but you can give BOTH teams at least 48 hours to play again. You are missing the point.

It’s a typical money grab that doesn’t help student athletes.

Go back and follow again. I was not talking about your comment. You responded to me after I responded to another poster. My response to you was reverting back to my original comment. My “not in reality” was not directed at you.
Apologies I misunderstood

Reactions: VolGee4
We just did what we'd done only fifteen times previously, and some are celebrating by calling for the coach to be fired.

We didn't see a good football team for fifteen years, and yet there was considerably more positivity in the football forum during that time.

Last edited:
No it’s not. The teams that played early today should play early Saturday. You can’t change that Duke played before us today, but you can give BOTH teams at least 48 hours to play again. You are missing the point.

It’s a typical money grab that doesn’t help student athletes.
They played 2.5 hours earlier than us. Good god. How the heck do you do a 64 teal tournament. Your position isn't possible

We just did what we'd done only fourteen times before, and some are celebrating by calling for the coach to be fired.

We didn't see a good football team for fifteen years, and yet there was considerably more positivity in the football forum during that time.

We are the KY fanbase without the pedigree.

VN Store

Back