The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:40 PM ET, CBS

Westwood's announcers said Barnes told them earlier in the week that ZZ was our closer, and it's been a struggle for the rest of the team to figure out how to close out a game successfully.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Nobody would like that match up. They trended in a positive direction late in the season. According to an ACC buddy of mine, they haven't had a foul called against them in over a month... the good news is we probably won't get Pat Adams and crew again... the bad news is the three refs are from the ACC and their kids go to Duke on scholly's & don't play sports
How can that be fair?

Mashack and Key are our leading scorers, Vescovi has 3 points---and we win. Who the hell would have predicted THAT?

Nine missed free throws? Unacceptable.

Superb defensive first half--19 points given up--then Louisiana scores, what, 35 in the second?

We just don't have enough offense to go far in this tourney. We'll have to play crazy good defense on Saturday and make more treys than
we did tonight.

Duke won on the rd which is difficult to do. They are playing great basketball. This is not the same TN team who beat Kansas, Texas or Bama. Mizz beat us twice. My heart says TN but i think Duke wins handily.
I agree most with what you said. I dont think handily. I will say we caught a break. For weeks we have wanted to be in Greensboro first weekend. As soon as I saw Duke in our second round possibility I was glad we are in Orlando instead. Duke fans travel well but can you imagine if we had to play them in their backyard in Greensboro?

At the end of the day, and I am critical of this team, it’s a win and we survived!

I have a lot of concern but also hopeful that we can catch lightning in a bottle Saturday and beat Duke, though it’s doubtful.

My concern is the lack if offensive communication and not knowing where to go w the ball until someone jacks up a three. Plus the horrible turnovers-poor decisions as Barkley called them.
Foul shooting - atrocios- and by our seniors.

But if we can get Santi open and JJJ gets going. Plus one of our bigs along with Mashack. I question Phillips as he looked disinterested, maybe because he didn’t start.

Anyway, Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kicker82
Nobody would like that match up. They trended in a positive direction late in the season. According to an ACC buddy of mine, they haven't had a foul called against them in over a month... the good news is we probably won't get Pat Adams and crew again... the bad news is the three refs are from the ACC and their kids go to Duke on scholly's & don't play sports

They had 15 called on them against Oral Roberts…

I agree most with what you said. I dont think handily. I will say we caught a break. For weeks we have wanted to be in Greensboro first weekend. As soon as I saw Duke in our second round possibility I was glad we are in Orlando instead. Duke fans travel well but can you imagine if we had to play them in their backyard in Greensboro?

True , 100% accurate. But Duke keeps their foot on the pedal and playing smart basketball though a young team. They are athletic and their big man can move around the paint. We look too slow on defense and Duke is quick.

Barnes cant shoot the ball for his players. Barnes needs to just get some players that can drive and get the ball to the hole. Also just get a few players that can shoot a basketball, Our players cant even shoot free throws.

We just aren't that talented this year, particularly after ZZ went out

At the end of the day, and I am critical of this team, it’s a win and we survived!

[...] I question Phillips as he looked disinterred and I think it’s because he didn’t start.

Anyway, Go Vols!

LOL--I figure you meant disinterested, and we'll blame autocorrect for a word meaning to dig up something that has been buried, like a corpse.

...or maybe that is the word you wanted.

Reactions: Lukusw
Tennessee will need to play excellent to defeat a great Duke team that has the advantage of winning consistency.

VN Store

Back