The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:40 PM ET, CBS

Granted you have to make your free throws, and.you have to make pressure shots as players. No coach can make it happen, players have to do it...but then they'res coaching - this idiot doesn't have it. Time to cut ties with this idiot..OR TIME to tell him he no longer makes offensive decisions. He's a damn offensive idiot...and it NEVER wins games. He's out of his league - either get him help or fire his ass.

Barnes is by all accounts a great role model and a good person, so I respect him for that. That being said, he wasn't hired to win championships. Everyone who has followed his career knows that he will never win it all. He was hired to run a clean, stable program, which is what we needed at the time. I don't want to see him fired, but I do wish he would retire and move on. Firing him would be a black eye for this athletic dept, but we have reached our ceiling under Barnes.

What an incredible mindset. "A win is a win" is quite literally the mantra for March. I am certain there is a subset of Vol fans genuinely disappointed in winning an NCAA tournament game.

Glad we won. Disappointed in how we played. Very little hope of going any further.

Teams prove themselves on the court, and we've looked inconsistent at best for weeks. Tonight included. "A win is a win" doesn't work if you barely beat an inferior opponent after leading by 18. Against a team like this, HOW you win does matter. We were lucky to win this, and that doesn't inspire any confidence moving forward.

You talk a bad game.

Reactions: OllVol
Tennessee has to clean up the turnovers and we cannot afford to have long scoring droughts against Duke and we need to hit all our free throws so we can beat Duke on Saturday.

Reactions: ttocswob
Totally confused on some of the lineup configurations.

Listen, there are times when you leave your best player in when he has two fouls. Especially if the other team is on a good run.

Vescovi should be able to play with 2 fouls, especially in a game where the refs are letting you get away with physicality.

Philips should have been pulled after his third t.o. in about 3 minutes of play. This guy needs minimum of another year at UT>

Reactions: AppStVol
Teams prove themselves on the court, and we've looked inconsistent at best for weeks. Tonight included. "A win is a win" doesn't work if you barely beat an inferior opponent after leading by 18. Against a team like this, HOW you win does matter. We were lucky to win this, and that doesn't inspire any confidence moving forward.

How you win in the NCAA tournament is completely irrelevant. That isn’t to say this was an inspiring performance because it wasn’t, but how much we won by tonight and how much Duke beat Oral Roberts by has no effect on Saturday’s matchup once the ball is tipped.

Reactions: Lurker
Scoring 58 points in a game is concerning but I suppose it don’t matter if the other team has less. To have a chance, we have to have Phillips and James show up and play like the touted 5 stars they are and SV get up more then 3 shots.

How you win in the NCAA tournament is completely irrelevant. That isn’t to say this was an inspiring performance because it wasn’t, but how much we won by tonight and how much Duke beat Oral Roberts by has no effect on Saturday’s matchup once the ball is tipped.
Its all about expectations and I don't expect us to be able to beat Duke based on how we've looked for the last several weeks vs how they've looked.

VN Store

Back