The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:40 PM ET, CBS

What score does the game start with?

Teams prove themselves on the court, and we've looked inconsistent at best for weeks. Tonight included. "A win is a win" doesn't work if you barely beat an inferior opponent after leading by 18. Against a team like this, HOW you win does matter. We were lucky to win this, and that doesn't inspire any confidence moving forward.

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange
Hopefully the leadership on this team will emerge and they’ll play to their potential. Gonna be tough against Dook, because they’re playing well and have all the intangibles going for them. They’ll get a favorable whistle and the talking heads want so badly for them to at least get to the FF

I keep saying losing ZZ was doom for the Vols. We avoid the shame of losing in 1st round...and that's the best we'll do. Injuries screwed us a bit this year. That and hitting the "Barnes Wall" (c). Not to be a downer but a realist....no way in hell we get by Duke. Just being real.

Reactions: firestorm
Louisiana is better than I thought.

That's a good way to start the tournament. Really gets the team dialed in.
That team was terrible. No offense. Duke will beat us by 20+ if we play like that.

I think some people missed the bracket reveal where EVERY one of them picked the Cajuns for the upset tonight.

Glad we have fans that enjoy wins.

It's ridiculous how entitled our basketball fans act. We are one of the best programs in college basketball on a yearly basis for the first time in most of our lives and we have a bunch of miserable bitches that constantly whine and complain like we are owed more success than the most consistent success in our program's history.

Good win for the good guys. Nothing else matters this time of year but winning.
Any guesses or intel on tip-off time for Saturday?

Reactions: Volwonder1
I think some people missed the bracket reveal where EVERY one of them picked the Cajuns for the upset tonight.

I saw it. And I watched them play. We should've cruised.

I hope we pull it together, I could see us winning by 10 or losing by 20+ against Duke. This team is weird.

It's ridiculous how entitled our basketball fans act. We are one of the best programs in college basketball on a yearly basis for the first time in most of our lives and we have a bunch of miserable bitches that constantly whine and complain like we are owed more success than the most consistent success in our program's history.
After losing the most impactful player on the team.

Teams prove themselves on the court, and we've looked inconsistent at best for weeks. Tonight included. "A win is a win" doesn't work if you barely beat an inferior opponent after leading by 18. Against a team like this, HOW you win does matter. We were lucky to win this, and that doesn't inspire any confidence moving forward.

What an incredible mindset. "A win is a win" is quite literally the mantra for March. I am certain there is a subset of Vol fans genuinely disappointed in winning an NCAA tournament game.

I dont think you understand how this whole March Madness thing works

VN Store

Back