War in Ukraine

It's also patently false. We have sent them over three billion dollars in humanitarian supplies
That too, through proper established programs that can make use of those goods. Well hopefully. I dont take our government as the golden standard for anything.

Except the Chinese got directly involved in the dying in korea. The Russians arming the vietnamese didnt mean we were at war with Russia. We were only at war with China when they got in the fight.

Proxy wars have been going on for a long time. Never been considered a real war. And they are typically the diplomatic solution for the 3rd party nation.
Yes you are correct about China having boots on ground. As they tried to spread communism throughout Asia.
We’ve always been at war with Russia. You might not call it that, nor the media. But we have always been trying to get at each other. Whether it be economically, strategically, financially, or world presence.

From 7:15 in the above video, according the the left, the whole reason for this war in Ukraine (and the US spending billions of dollars it does not have) is to get rid of Putin so there can be homosexuals and anti-Christians in Russia.

The point in spending billions of dollars is so that the Ukrainians can defend their country. Pretty simple.

And Tucker Carlson isn't a spokesperson for "the left."

Reactions: Hunerwadel
BS, Rightist Republiars took a snippet out of context to smear Ukraine and leftists. You're engaging in a time-worn tactic of accusing opponents of your own misconduct, to put blame on them. A tactic employed by the DRPK in the 1950s regarding using mosquitos to inflict enemy soldiers with malaria and degrade their combat effectiveness.
Fact Check: Did Zelensky say U.S. will send its kids to war for Ukraine?

Tucker, like you, is just a Putin apologist. Probably receiving money from the killer in sums enough to further corrupt himself.
Russian analyst: Tucker Carlson is "one American" who shouldn't be killed
What was said by the liberal leftist about Desantis that was taken out of context beginning at 7:15 in the video?

They didn't use weapons because they want to preserve it as much as possible to study it.

Also, look at how the US reacted last month over weather balloons. But we are apoplectic about the Russians downing a drone in the Black Sea.
Surely you see the very distinct differences in those two situations...... I'm sure you do, but the corner you've painted yourself into will never allow you to publicly state it.

Reactions: tvolsfan
You are technically correct. Now let's see how consistent you are. How would we react if Russian or Chinese drones were in the Gulf of Mexico?
They make simulated bombing runs on our bases in Alaska twice a year minimum for the last decade. I've yet to see us shoot or force one of those planes down.

3. No one was able to stop Hitler in 1939, why do you think anyone would have been able to stop him earlier? France, Britain, and Russia spent 1936 to 1939 trying to catch up with Germany, and couldnt do it. That's why the French and British got tabled off the Eurolean landmass after a couple months. It's why Hitler was able to grab 1000s of miles of territory in Russia when he invaded after 2 more years of Russian build up. Europe was THAT far behind Germany. An earlier attack or diplomatic resolution on Hitler would have just created an even worse setting for the Allies. The best way to stop Hitler would have been to NOT create the setting that allowed him to come to power.
Learned something today about this that actually shows how far behind the French/allies were. I had heard of the Saar offensive before but didnt know anything about it.

It was the french attacking germany while they were still fighting the Poles. It was a "major" offensive the died without any real major combat but still saw 10 to 1 kill ratios in favor of the Germans. It lasted about 4 weeks in 1939, gained about 5 miles of territory. Remember that timeline later.

The french had at least a 2 to 1 numerical advantage in divisions. They had 47x the artillery, and actually had tank divisions in the attack. 90% of the Luftwaffe was tied up in Poland but what was there was apparently enough to hold off the french air, and launch their own attacks. Apparently the german divisions werent fully trained or manned.

Simply put the French and the British did not have the will to fight a major battle in 1939. It would have been worse in 1936. The allies werent sitting there and just letting it happen. They were panicking trying to pull a competent military out of their butt.

When the German attack into France came 8 months later in May 1940, it took them 6 weeks to take Paris. 6 weeks to take a capital, vs 4 weeks to take 5 miles against limited resistance. And that was after the French had 8 months to prepare.

Reactions: AM64
Womp womp for our bald dwarf shills

Institute for the Study of War

The overall Wagner Group offensive on Bakhmut additionally appears to be nearing culmination. Ukrainian military sources have noted a markedly decreased number of attacks in and around Bakhmut, particularly over the last few days.[7] Wagner Group financier Yevgeny Prigozhin has recently emphasized the toll that a reported lack of ammunition is having on Wagner’s ability to pursue offensives on Bakhmut and stated on March 15 that due to ammunition shortages and heavy fighting, Wagner has had to expand its encirclement of Bakhmut.[8] Prigozhin notably claimed that Wagner captured Zalizianske, a tiny rural settlement 9km northwest of Bakhmut on the east side of the E40 Bakhmut-Slovyansk highway, which indicates that Wagner forces are likely conducting opportunistic localized attacks on settlements further north of Bakhmut that are small and relatively easier to seize.[9] Recent Wagner gains north of Bakhmut suggest that manpower, artillery, and equipment losses in fights for Bakhmut will likely constrain Wagner’s ability to complete a close encirclement of Bakhmut or gain substantial territory in battles for urban areas. The capture of Zalizianske and other similarly small towns north of Bakhmut and east of the E40 highway is extremely unlikely to enhance Wagner’s ability to capture Bakhmut itself or make other operationally significant gains. It therefore is likely that Wagner’s offensive on Bakhmut is increasingly nearing culmination. Russian forces would likely have to commit significant reserves to prevent this culmination. They may be able to do so, as ISW has observed elements of Russian airborne regiments in and around Bakhmut that do not seem to be heavily committed to the fighting at the moment. The Russians might also commit elements of other conventional units, including possibly the 2nd Motorized Rifle Division, or units drawn from elsewhere in the theater. But it seems that the Wagner offensive itself will not be sufficient to seize Bakhmut. Russian forces are not pursuing active or successful offensive operations elsewhere in theater, and as the pace of operations slows along critical sectors of the front, Ukrainian forces likely have an increased opportunity to regain the initiative.

I wasnt really expecting to see this, and didnt know what to expect if I did, but this seems pretty straight forward. A longer video would have been better to show the context, but what happened is pretty clear.

I figured the impact was intentional and we were saying "incompetence" as an insult. Turns out from that video it was incompetence - not much other way to put it. Too bad it didn't take out the SU-27. Russians have been playing risky games near manned aircraft, so the only good thing to come of this was that it was a drone and didn't endanger people. The Chinese have been doing similar stuff - they dumped fuel in front of an Aussie patrol plane aa few months ago.

It looks like the first aircraft transfers are indeed happening. Poland announced in the coming days they will send 4 MiG-29s and Slovakia has also pledged to send the 12 MiG-29AS they retired in August as well. Those particular models were upgraded in 2008 to be NATO compatible.

That's the way it needs to be done. Ukraine needs more aircraft, but mostly they need more aircraft that they already know and can maintain. The best of both worlds would be the Soviet aircraft they know able to use NATO weapons and upgraded NATO search and targeting systems.

So much support that they only manager two seats in the Rada.

Then there's the definition issue. Are "far right" parties far right, or just "far right" because European leftists say they are? That definition is a problem we have right here at home - the center isn't where it used to be, and even what used to be a bit left of center is considered somewhere off to the right now.

They were dumping fuel to stall the engine of the drone. It was no accident and if the Pentagon is saying it is they are lying (as usual).

I wouldn't think the pilot intended to hit the drone from the pattern he was flying. Looks like he just misjudged. He could be Maxwell Smart saying "didn't miss it by that much". During WW2, fighters sometimes were able to intercept German buzz bombs and use a wing to tip them over. The speed differential between the drone and SU-27 would have made that impossible, but the Russian pilots may had decided that the fuel spray and jet wash might upset it and make the drone uncontrollable. I think I remember some trials using sonic booms as a "weapon" of sorts, too. Unless this video is fake, it's incredible that the Russian plane only seemed to have dinged the prop because that was definitely not a controlled impact. Too bad the pilot's last vision on earth wasn't a big face full of the Reaper.

I don’t think even Trump would. He will run his pie hole now saying he absolutely would… until he sadly informed everyone that due to the prior guys mistakes we are committed so he has to keep on.

I think he would look for a mediation. If Russia is looking for a way out I think Putin would listen to Trump. This current administration has no chance. We are only headed toward further escalation. This is what happens when you elect a horrible leader. Many of us saw this coming.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back