Vols 4 seed vs Louisiana - Thursday 9:40 ET CBS

Tennessee has beat 3 of the #1 seeds Bama, Texas&Kansas & didn’t play Purdue which would be a terrible matchup for us.
Why? Everything I’ve read has stated that Tennessee would stifle and frustrate Purdue offensively. Why do you think it would be a terrible matchup?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Yeah I’m thinking about the team Lofton hit a buzzer beater but that was before think that was Winthrop. But Mercer did beat Duke and we beat them Cuonzo last team barely got in think we were last 4 in.
We were last 4 in, beat Iowa in O/T in Dayton, OH, we were there to see it. I believe it was Josh Richardson who put the team on his back to pull it out. We went on to the elite 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Louisiana is 26-7. They are saying we could be upset here.

Louisiana has a solid perimeter attack but we should beat them and go on to face Duke on Saturday.

It would have been a hell of a coaching match up between Barnes and Coach K.

We don’t have a gimme as Louisiana could beat us but they don’t defend well and more frontcourt oriented. I worry more about teams with heavier emphasis on guard play. Duke is peaking and playing well at the moment plus they tend to benefit from refs at times. Still, not a horrible matchup for us, given they are pretty young. After ZZ got hurt I thought our max is 2 wins but we could just as easily be one and done if we don’t play well against Louisiana. Going in with zero expectations and hope our guys play with composure, maturity and relaxed.

Reactions: TMvol10
UT is not a team built for any tournament. That's the knock on Barnes. There will be long faces sooner than later.
Describe a team that is built for a tournament. Most of the time teams are so unpredictable that the Tournament is where they shine. Not sure what you mean by not being a tournament team. No knock on Barnes because if you recruit a tournament team then you usually don't make the tournament. Pretty bad thought there CB. Never Mind don't feed the troll.

I believe this draw and the way the talking heads are devaluing us, we definitely can have a chip on our shoulder and the pressure is not on us!

Last edited:
Reactions: NighthawkVol
UT is not a team built for any tournament. That's the knock on Barnes. There will be long faces sooner than later.

The crazy thing is that we are gonna play a Louisiana team who is clearly outmatched against us in sheer athletes and size. Hopefully the time off and rest has this team ready to go. Our team is averaging 70 without ZZ. I think 70 is more than enough to beat UL

We were last 4 in, beat Iowa in O/T in Dayton, OH, we were there to see it. I believe it was Anthony Richardson who put the team on his back to pull it out. We went on to the elite 8.
Yeah , Josh Richardson still playing for New Orleans pelicans think his 9th year NBA was mediocre his Freshman & Sophomore years then just blossomed. You are right he put the team on his back was a great all around player.

The crazy thing is that we are gonna play a Louisiana team who is clearly outmatched against us in sheer athletes and size. Hopefully the time off and rest has this team ready to go. Our team is averaging 70 without ZZ. I think 70 is more than enough to beat UL
Their big man was a 5star McDonald’s all American transferred in from Arizona so don’t know what caused him to portal.

I love the fact none of Espn panel picked us to go far. They love that Duke. But first things first, one game at a time Vols. If we’re gonna ride let’s ride going strong!!!! Time to lock in that elite D and dominate boards. GBO!!!!

Reactions: VolSoldier4lyfe
Their big man was a 5star McDonald’s all American transferred in from Arizona so don’t know what caused him to portal.

Well a one trick pony more times than not doesn’t work in games vs bigger teams / tourney time. Let’s get it.

I love the fact none of Espn panel picked us to go far. They love that Duke. But first things first, one game at a time Vols. If we’re gonna ride let’s ride going strong!!!! Time to lock in that elite D and dominate boards. GBO!!!!

I would love to see us play Duke. To be honest, we need the Texas game Olivier this tourney to have any success. I think he matches up well vs Duke.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
We will beat Louisiana by 20. Duke will be close could go either way. Would be a huge surprise if we somehow beat Purdue. If we are playing well enough to pull that one off (Purdue) the skies the limit.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Louisiana hits almost 38% from 3, I feel TN will lose this game. They do not have the scoring to keep up with the Cajuns and TNs defense has gotten worse over the last 3rd of the season. Don't like this matchup at all

VN Store

Back