Vols 4 seed vs Louisiana - Thursday 9:40 ET CBS

ULL seems more like a 14 or even 15 seed, not some kind of efficiency darling by any means and a truly awful SOS. Upsets happen, but not really concerned about the first round.

I live in Myrtle Beach and used to live in Lafayette, La., so I'm always interested when UL comes to SC to play Coastal Carolina. CCU beat UL early this season, and CCU is not good (11-20).

Looking at their highlights.... We should win this game and a solid match-up for us... They are scrappy but don't see them having the shooting

This year we beat two of the number 1 seeds. A number two seed and lost to a number 2 seed. We can win both of these games. We could also have one off night and lose. I can see us being healthy and rested and easily beat Louisiana. Duke is not as good as Bama or Kansas, but we have to play our A game to beat them.

I hope I’m wrong, but watching our team gives me doubt we get through the first two games. Just hoping our bigs give us some help if we even get by Louisiana

KenPom has them 146th in defensive efficiency. They’re slightly above average on offense. The way Tennessee has been playing should worry everyone, but a solid performance and this shouldn’t be too much of a worry.

What’s wild is we are still averaging like 70 a game without ZZ. As long as our defense which is longer than most other teams not in the SEC, we “should” be able to contain Louisiana. Duke will be an interesting matchup for sure if we got thru first round.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and GBOx2
Tennessee has beat 3 of the #1 seeds Bama, Texas&Kansas & didn’t play Purdue which would be a terrible matchup for us.
Actually I think we match up really well against Purdue because their guards don't put a lot of pressure on you

That said no one is a good match up with Zach Edey

Well, we've got till Thursday to practice , get some mental toughness. Maybe we can borrow Kirby Smarts " we're not going to be hunted" for the play offs.

If we get by Louisiana, Duke isn’t the worst matchup for us. Young very talented players, but they’re not built for ball pressure defense and picking us up 94 feet, like Mizzou. Duke may absolutely dominate us inside, but at least we have bodies (Uros, Aidoo, Awaka) that Rick is willing to play.
I would agree but our defense just isn't that great sans Zeigler.

VN Store

Back