Vols 4 seed vs Louisiana - Thursday 9:40 ET CBS

Well the last time we were across from Duke in a bracket they got upset by Mercer and we eked out a win over Mercer. So maybe a redo.

Purdue was the one seed i wanted. Duke on the other hand i did not want to play.
We were headed to a 4th Seed on the slide. It came down to us and KSU. Tough Draw but it could have been worse. You have to put on your big boy pants and win. the first three are toughees but face it we can handle it. Going to be interesting. One game at a time. Bring the Defense, rested up Duke is going to get their butts ran in the first game. Stamina & depth will be a plus for us.

Last edited:
Focus on that first game ,and go from there. I think that Duke has won their last 9 games and peaking at the right time. I wouldn't want to play them or Purdue. Maybe a huge upset comes from a team beating Purdue or Duke and helps Tennessee, but I don't see it. Either way, you have to play with the hand you're dealt. It's going to be a rough out,but this team can beat these kind of teams. They have this year. Injuries all year and losing ZZ hasn't helped,but I'm not going to throw in the towel yet.

Reactions: ursaminotaur
I've been away for a while - back when it was SW La. and NE La. I think the year after I left it became La-Lafayette and La-Monroe. Did Lafayette become the main campus?
University of New Orleans started as a branch campus of LSU - still was after the name change - not sure about now.
Nevada-Reno is the main campus and UNLV is the branch campus with the larger enrollment.

OK boys. I've been feeling this for a couple weeks now. I've also watched our late season unwinding. Also, backhanded glad we lost to M to get outta the Redundancy Tourney and rest/prep another couple days.

I believe our beloved Vols make an EE run this year. Nobody believes in them. Zero pressure and the shots will fall. JJJ & Phillips will be 100%. We've had a few warmups w the ZZless rotation. Barnes & staff have & will huddle up and bring new wrinkles for this run. Duke is in trouble.

You heard it here first. Donations accepted next week. 😉

It is always interesting to read the chatter and moan about the draw. I am disappointed like many at the recent last minute losses we have taken and the loss of ZZ. This tournament will be like most others with unexpected upsets that surprise everyone. I do expect to win the first game easily, but no one should ever take anyone for granted. Duke has been hot, but we also know that if our offense is playing average there is not a team in the country that we cannot beat. Imagine just for a moment that you are a Duke fan and looking at your possible draw with Tennessee. Can you hear them moaning? Tennessee has beaten two of the number ones and has the best defense in the country? In this tournament, you have to be good (which we are) and also lucky, which we haven't been recently, but this is also a clean slate for everyone. Let the games begin.

I want to play Duke anytime anywhere! They are not superior! Hopefully Rick Warlick-Weakley give us some rest for a few days to get our legs back. IF we play close to our “normal” averages this year, we should make S16 rather easily! But as we all know how helter skelter we can be, it will be interesting! I do think it favors us greatly now being non-Conference opponents.

We actually beat Mercer decisively after they beat Duke.
Yeah I’m thinking about the team Lofton hit a buzzer beater but that was before think that was Winthrop. But Mercer did beat Duke and we beat them Cuonzo last team barely got in think we were last 4 in.

The opponents don’t matter in March…the bad teams turn good and the good teams turn bad. Our “bad” bracket could turn out to fit our team well. The underdog mentality may work well for Tennessee. Will have to wait and see, but I know we have one game and that’s better than some teams at least 😵‍💫

I want to play Duke anytime anywhere! They are not superior! Hopefully Rick Warlick-Weakley give us some rest for a few days to get our legs back. IF we play close to our “normal” averages this year, we should make S16 rather easily! But as we all know how helter skelter we can be, it will be interesting! I do think it favors us greatly now being non-Conference opponents.

Yep, will be great to get out of conference the SEC teams know each others play style so much it’s tough. Was one of the best conferences this year top to bottom.

Reactions: beachvol23

VN Store

Back