Hot Seat Article- Butch Jones again edition

sjt18

College football hot seats: ESPN eyes early names for 2023 season

I know he still has defenders here but this guy should have 1- never been hired, 2- never gotten a 4th year after squandering all that talent for 3 years, and 3- should still be in court trying to get his buyout considering how he "worked" following his termination. He essentially worked for Bama being paid by UT. If that doesn't fire you up... I'm not sure what can.

I know he still has defenders here but this guy should have 1- never been hired, 2- never gotten a 4th year after squandering all that talent for 3 years, and 3- should still be in court trying to get his buyout considering how he "worked" following his termination. He essentially worked for Bama being paid by UT. If that doesn't fire you up... I'm not sure what can.
Lots of SEC coaches on that list, including Sark. Interesting to see how OU and Texas handle their coaching situations if both Venables and Sark have tough seasons again. It’s not going to get any easier in 2024.

Gotta admit, took me a few minutes to even come up with a comment.

Do you guys appreciate how &$#€£ weird it is (given the last 15 years or so) to go into a season with your primary concern being whether your freak athlete of a QB finally "gets it" or you have to turn to your 5 star recruit? Coaching situation and overall athletic department being about as stable and drama free as you are going to find. Spyre doing what needs to be done in 2023 to keep us on the minds of top recruits. Fanbase that is generally pumped up and wants blood.

All I can really say is........Botch. Lol.

If Butch Jones still fires you up for whatever reason, you need to seek a professional

Looks to me like you're still holding a grunge against Butch for UT's failings.

Reactions: UTwild82
Looks to me like you're still holding a grunge against Butch for UT's failings.
Nah. Just don't like the piece of crap. I never "bought" what he was selling... him taking the buyout and getting coffee for Saban until it ran out just confirmed my suspicions.

No. I don't like him as a person. He isn't a good coach.

Nah. Just don't like the piece of crap. I never "bought" what he was selling... him taking the buyout and getting coffee for Saban until it ran out just confirmed my suspicions.

No. I don't like him as a person. He isn't a good coach.

And did you really think he would turn down the buyout??? You would have taken it too.

Lyle is the turd in a punch bowl. Yes I bought into him like most of us. Now I despise his guts. I wish him the worst.

Aside from Butchie boi, I couldn't help but laugh at seeing Napier on the list as he enters year 2. Year 2? What a state the game has reached when a guy with one year under his belt is considered "on the hot seat".

The cigar was absolutely uncalled for considering he had NOTHING to do with Bama winning that game.
Yep, and it was against a lot of players he recruited. Just classless imo.

I think Butch thought he was unfairly treated but idk that he even realized that he put the worst season in Tennessee history up.

He worked the system just like he did the administration at UT and your surprised?

You want to hear something that will drive you to drink ? (Sorry to ruin your Saturday lol)

That fool got FIVE years not four.

Funny how it seemed like a lifetime looking back on it. Hated the hire, but not like anyone else really wanted the gig by that point. First year was meh. Second year, maybe just maybe we are starting to turn a corner. Years 3-4 were just disappointing all around-all that talent with really no accomplishments. Lost a bunch of games we had no business losing. Year five was just a race to the bottom. That 2017 season was one of the most depressing things I have ever witnessed.

Butch Jones will probably be fired during the 2023 season by Arkansas State.

VN Store

Back