Hot Seat Article- Butch Jones again edition

Peyton lit up in the locker room this year. had nothing to do with the win. had nothing to do with the team besides being a fan and alum. didn't wear a headset. took pictures in the locker room with players. Was Peyton making it about himself? Was he being trashy?

I get not liking Butch, he sucked and deserved to be fired. a picture someone else took of him is not a good reason to dislike him.

Wow. I got nothing for this. How is that even comparable?
Why is this conversation even continuing? I have my take on it and you have yours. Let it go.

Peyton lit up in the locker room this year. had nothing to do with the win. had nothing to do with the team besides being a fan and alum. didn't wear a headset. took pictures in the locker room with players. Was Peyton making it about himself? Was he being trashy?

I get not liking Butch, he sucked and deserved to be fired. a picture someone else took of him is not a good reason to dislike him.
Wow. Bama fired PM for poor performance and while he was drawing a HUGE buyout he went to work for UT as basically a volunteer to screw Bama over? I didn't know.

see I hate this criticism.

If your old job fires you for doing an absolutely terrible job, and then you get a new job at a lesser pay scale at the competition, how would you respond in beating them? Yes even though your proteges and coworkers are still there, and yes even though they still paying you severance.

Every. single. coach. would do the exact same thing. every person worried about the long term aspects in that any industry would do the exact same thing.

if saban is fired tomorrow, we pick him up as an analyst, and he smokes a cigar after we smoke Bama at their place, I would not hold it against him.

Wrong. It was messed up because they beat a team made up of players HE recruited. Thats the ONLY thing had had to do with that victory. The only thing

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Was Peyton being paid by Alabama? Did Peyton recruit many of the Alabama players? Was Peyton largely responsible for Alabama not having a very good defense? You aren't comparing apples to apples.

Tennessee treated Butch Jones pretty well, by never making an issue of the lack of effort he made to mitigate the cost of his buyout to Tennessee. Arkansas stopped paying Bret Bielemma under similar circumstances.
Not completely true.
Razorback Foundation settles lawsuit with Bret Bielema (arkansasonline.com)

College football hot seats: ESPN eyes early names for 2023 season

I know he still has defenders here but this guy should have 1- never been hired, 2- never gotten a 4th year after squandering all that talent for 3 years, and 3- should still be in court trying to get his buyout considering how he "worked" following his termination. He essentially worked for Bama being paid by UT. If that doesn't fire you up... I'm not sure what can.

I doubt very much that Butch Jones has any serious defenders on here.

Aside from Butchie boi, I couldn't help but laugh at seeing Napier on the list as he enters year 2. Year 2? What a state the game has reached when a guy with one year under his belt is considered "on the hot seat".

Hey if coaches want to justify their inflated salaries, don’t be mediocre when you’re making millions a year. If we can call a freshman a bust, coaches certainly shouldn’t be exempt from that level of criticism either. I think the perception around UF is that progress isn’t being made at the rate it should be made. After that disaster of a spring game and roster management to date, not a lot of positives to take away.

Sports media and UF fanbase are being hyperbolic and reactionary as usual.

Butch Jones wasn't a member of the Alabama coaching staff.

Butch Jones was just an "analyst", who Alabama was paying $35K per year. He was only peripherally involved, as a glorified intern. It was a charade to help him circumvent the terms of his buyout. It was all about getting every dime he could from Tennessee. Butch Jones made no effort to mitigate the cost of the buyout, as that clause in his contract stipulated.
Butch was really more of a groupie than an employee in Tuscaloosa.
He wanted the image of a Saban Coaching Rehab Graduate, but gained/earned near zero coaching cred from HIS time at BAMA.
Saban never for an instant thought he was good enough to add to his staff. He was just bleeding UT. Smart move from every angle for Saban, and desperate and grasping for Butch. He could have gotten a job as a OFFcoordinator at a mid-level school an come out a better coach, but he chose to be a wealthy neophyte.

Butch was really more of a groupie than an employee in Tuscaloosa.
He wanted the image of a Saban Coaching Rehab Graduate, but gained/earned near zero coaching cred from HIS time at BAMA.
Saban never for an instant thought he was good enough to add to his staff. He was just bleeding UT. Smart move from every angle for Saban, and desperate and grasping for Butch. He could have gotten a job as a OFFcoordinator at a mid-level school an come out a better coach, but he chose to be a wealthy neophyte.
Well said ... and 100% true.

Reactions: SpookyAction

VN Store

Back