Joe Milton outlook?

Oh, I don't know, man. The Ukraine guys mess up tanks a lot. You use your QB as a battering ram, pretty soon you won't have a QB. IIRC, back in the day, Roman Gabriel learned that the hard way.
Oh, I don't know, man. The Ukraine guys mess up tanks a lot. You use your QB as a battering ram, pretty soon you won't have a QB. IIRC, back in the day, Roman Gabriel learned that the hard way.
I didn't say we should run him every play. After all, our QBs are expected to throw passes about 40-45 passes a game. We also have running back we expect to run about half the time. All I am saying is when we do call a running play for the QB, we do need for him. to make an effort to accomplish what the play is designed to do. On 3rd and one and a QB running the ball is called, it is expected that the QB will not lay down on the play but give his best effort to make the play successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I didn't say we should run him every play. After all, our QB is expected to throw passes about 40-45
5 of the pays. We also have running back we expect to run about half the time. All ai am saying is when we do call a running play for the QB, we do need for him. to make an effort to accomplish what the play s design4d to do. On 3rd and one and a QB running the ball is called, it is expected that the QB will not lay down on the play but give his best effort to make the play successful.

We are really going to need someone to come in and fill Darnell’s shoes at left tackle. Joe can have a big year, but he needs good protection and he needs to get through his progressions a little faster. He can’t be indecisive in his the pocket .
Darnell played RT. Mincey and Crawford are entrenched on the blind side.

Regarding JoMil's running, you can't expect an M1A Abrams tank to perform like a Formula 500 car. Rare is it you see a big bodied QB being a good runner. Ben Roethlisberger, Jared Lorenzen, JaMarcus Russel, were mainly lumbering diesel trucks. Especially compared to QBs like Roger Staubach, Tony Robinson, Condredge Holloway Jr., or Fran Tarekenton. Sure, there have been/are exceptions, but as a general rule, a truck is a truck, whether or not it's pulling a duck.
All he lacks as a dual threat is decisiveness. Half a second too late in tucking and running. Got plenty of speed and could exploit defenses with his size. Just need that lightbulb.

I think Joe has a solid to very good year I just wish he was more mobile. Hooker got out of trouble in the pocket so many times and broke off on a 25 or 40 yard run. I don’t see Joe doing that.
I think Joe can be mobile enough. With his size, he just needs to initiate the contact with a linebacker or DB, safety, on running plays or scrambles. With his size, he would definitely have the advantage against most would be tacklers.

It’s likely to be Carson Beck, but it’s possible that Brock Vandagriff pushes for the job.

Beck- 4 star redshirt Junior with a pretty strong arm. He showed much improvement last season in limited snaps. Known as more of a pro-style QB but has shown some ability to pick up yards on the ground.

Vandagriff- 5 star redshirt sophomore with a cannon. Very mobile from what I’ve heard but he hasn’t gotten many snaps so I haven’t seen him play much.

There is also 4 star redshirt freshman Gunner Stockton. I’ve heard great things about him but haven’t seen him play much. There has been talk that he is in the mix to and might push for the job but who knows.

Spring game will likely put one in the drivers seat. My guess is Beck or Vandagriff.
Gunnar, Carson, and Brock.. how very UGA .. y’alls QBs always have such preppy names😂 sorry, couldn’t help myself…you are being nice.. I’ll show myself out… lol

Last edited:
We are really going to need someone to come in and fill Darnell’s shoes at left tackle. Joe can have a big year, but he needs good protection and he needs to get through his progressions a little faster. He can’t be indecisive in his the pocket .
Huge loss ! I hope He falls The Titans.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Gunnar, Carson, and Brock.. how very UGA .. y’alls QBs always have such preppy names😂 sorry, couldn’t help myself…you are being nice.. I’ll show myself out… lol
Lol, I can’t argue with that take.😂. I have high hopes for whoever takes over as starting QB, but we all know that if GA’s offense struggles or vastly underperforms next season, many will blame the new QB and/or the new OC Bobo.

And honestly, blaming them would likely be fair. With the talent GA has, it is about as good of an opportunity to succeed as anyone is likely to get. If you can’t perform very well or run an outstanding offense with this kind of talent, then you’re probably not the right guy. I’m excited, I think things will go very well, but time will tell.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Lol, I can’t argue with that take.😂. I have high hopes for whoever takes over as starting QB, but we all know that if GA’s offense struggles or vastly underperforms next season, many will blame the new QB and/or the new OC Bobo.

And honestly, blaming them would likely be fair. With the talent GA has, it is about as good of an opportunity to succeed as anyone is likely to get. If you can’t perform very well or run an outstanding offense with this kind of talent, then you’re probably not the right guy. I’m excited, I think things will go very well, but time will tell.
It’s all up in the air right now for everyone, that’s what makes it fun! I think Joe is going to have a great season, myself

It’s all up in the air right now for everyone, that’s what makes it fun! I think Joe is going to have a great season, myself
Absolutely, that does make it fun and add to our anticipation. I agree that it’s highly possible that Joe has a great season. He certainly has the physical tools and if he gets the rest together he could be special in a CJH offense. If he can make correct reads and improve a bit with some touch passing, the sky could be the limit honestly. I’m not educated on how TN’s O-line looks, but they will likely play a big part for Joe’s success. As will an effective running game.

I didn't say we should run him every play. After all, our QB is expected to throw passes about 40-45
5 of the pays. We also have running back we expect to run about half the time. All ai am saying is when we do call a running play for the QB, we do need for him. to make an effort to accomplish what the play s design4d to do. On 3rd and one and a QB running the ball is called, it is expected that the QB will not lay down on the play but give his best effort to make the play successful.

Well, it appears to me that this entire staff is pretty happy with his response to their game plan and situation based instructions on risk/reward on exercising his manhood as a backup or THE starter without a healthy schollie backup. I have no idea why so many folks jumped on the urban legend he ran out of bounds on THE play,

1678354655500.png

Or that he grossly overthrew that tight end in the endzone,

1678354763932.png

NOBODY I know has any idea "how many" of his overthrows were his method of complying with don't put the ball at risk instructions instead of throwing it OOB or at someone's feet. Most have been go routes, not back shoulder throws or 50/50 ball type attempts, but the inferences just keep on coming. Like every play type, some incompletions were probably wrong or different reads by receivers leading to unexpected routes with two colors in his view finder. Those should be diminished with him getting the 1 practice and game reps with the guys usually on the field.

I don't have any reason to believe that the staff if faking their APPEARANT confidence in him in the past or currently as our QB. The way he processes game situations will not be like HH, but neither are his skill sets and I bet the gameplans and parameters on when and how to extend plays and drives. Too many times people make NO BRAINER assumptions in an all plays are equal world. The biggest flaw in analysis and application of statistics on a football field. Taking hits while running and putting the ball in tighter windows will be staff driven for him. Cowboying up and Farving passes may not be in his game instructions. Fact is, his and HH's interception numbers seem to indicate a different set of criteria. HH's exit surely demonstrates the risk in running, contact or not.

If he does not follow staff instructions, it will be easy to see as he exits the field and puts the headphones on the bench. Then I will more graciously accept factually supported game relevant pot shots and rhetorical questions if trends are really there.

Well, it appears to me that this entire staff is pretty happy with his response to their game plan and situation based instructions on risk/reward on exercising his manhood as a backup or THE starter without a healthy schollie backup. I have no idea why so many folks jumped on the urban legend he ran out of bounds on THE play,

View attachment 540045

Or that he grossly overthrew that tight end in the endzone,

View attachment 540046

NOBODY I know has any idea "how many" of his overthrows were his method of complying with don't put the ball at risk instructions instead of throwing it OOB or at someone's feet. Most have been go routes, not back shoulder throws or 50/50 ball type attempts, but the inferences just keep on coming. Like every play type, some incompletions were probably wrong or different reads by receivers leading to unexpected routes with two colors in his view finder. Those should be diminished with him getting the 1 practice and game reps with the guys usually on the field.

I don't have any reason to believe that the staff if faking their APPEARANT confidence in him in the past or currently as our QB. The way he processes game situations will not be like HH, but neither are his skill sets and I bet the gameplans and parameters on when and how to extend plays and drives. Too many times people make NO BRAINER assumptions in an all plays are equal world. The biggest flaw in analysis and application of statistics on a football field. Taking hits while running and putting the ball in tighter windows will be staff driven for him. Cowboying up and Farving passes may not be in his game instructions. Fact is, his and HH's interception numbers seem to indicate a different set of criteria. HH's exit surely demonstrates the risk in running, contact or not.

If he does not follow staff instructions, it will be easy to see as he exits the field and puts the headphones on the bench. Then I will more graciously accept factually supported game relevant pot shots and rhetorical questions if trends are really there.
They said the same thing last year and you see what happened. I think he is likely better now than he was then, but he also failed to pick up a first down in the Orange bowl when he turned his back the the tackler less the a years from a first down. I hope he is the answer we need this year and expect his experience in the system will be of great benefit this Fall. I expect him to be the started and do very well as our QB. However, there are still improvements which can and should be made to his game. We have the off season, Spring practice. Summer workouts, and Fall practice to determine how much he has progressed from last year.

They said the same thing last year and you see what happened. I think he is likely better now than he was then, but he also failed to pick up a first down in the Orange bowl when he turned his back the the tackler less the a years from a first down. I hope he is the answer we need this year and expect his experience in the system will be of great benefit this Fall. I expect him to be the started and do very well as our QB. However, there are still improvements which can and should be made to his game. We have the off season, Spring practice. Summer workouts, and Fall practice to determine how much he has progressed from last year.

And who was his backup in the bowl? Bet he was on a short leash for allowing any free shots of contact.. How many QB draws did you see called? Bet GET DOWN was the standing rule. Did he not have one scramble run down the left sideline that ended with him stepping out of bounds instead of any contact. Or was that another game? Using that game for trend analysis on his running game is just a reach.

And who was his backup in the bowl? Bet he was on a short leash for allowing any free shots of contact.. How many QB draws did you see called? Bet GET DOWN was the standing rule. Did he not have one scramble run down the left sideline that ended with him stepping out of bounds instead of any contact. Or was that another game? Using that game for trend analysis on his running game is just a reach.
So, I guess maybe he is not a tank?

So, I guess maybe he is not a tank?

Won't know till a game situation exists where the risk/reward, based on game situation and the confidence in the backup QB makes taking the gloves off a rational decision. I don't think his overall allusiveness as a runner will match HH, but should be better at short yardage QB draws and powers with back assist. Not that many injuries is those scrums at the LOS. He will need to mix in some of those to keep the QB pressures down by keeping some defenders in contain rather than rush posture in order to keep pocket integrity with time to showcase his arm.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Wright played Right Tackle. Mincey and Crawford were Tennessee’s LTs in 2022.

Won't know till a game situation exists where the risk/reward, based on game situation and the confidence in the backup QB makes taking the gloves off a rational decision. I don't think his overall allusiveness as a runner will match HH, but should be better at short yardage QB draws and powers with back assist. Not that many injuries is those scrums at the LOS. He will need to mix in some of those to keep the QB pressures down by keeping some defenders in contain rather than rush posture in order to keep pocket integrity with time to showcase his arm.
We do know when we look at his films. He turns his back and covers up his body. Looks almost like my 10 year old grandson when he was afraid to be tackled.

I think Joe just needs to learn patience and to control that cannon arm of his. Learn some touch. If not, Nico is very capable, even as a freshman. Joe will have to play well to keep his job.

Smells like we got a faction of people eager for JoMil to make the slightest error, so they can start yelling and demanding he be benched for Nico or whatever other QB we have. Maybe even drag Doug Flutie out of retirement to replace Joe.
1678971115701.png

VN Store

Back