Jeremy Banks day 1 pick?

First round? I have a hard time seeing a team take such a risk.

LV done left the reservation.

No Banks isn’t getting drafted day one. Be lucky to get drafted day two. Comparison to Al is ridiculous.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I wouldn't be. Red flags or not, his unleash the beast aggressiveness and toughness is coveted by NFL teams. They will roll the dice on him. I think is ready for another linebacker with the mentally of a Dick Butkus, Jack Ham, Ray Nitschke, and Lawrence Taylor. A group of mean as demons men who existed for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on another man.
He flies around with no control which is the problem. Over pursues, late hits, roughing the passer. It's a blessing and a curse. Not a 1st round pick. Maybe a day 2 pick.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Comparison is really bad....different mindsets. Even if the the number of games are similiar the stats alone arent enough. Lets find out how many more plays bank was on the field in turn more opportunity to make plays. Our defense has been on the field a lot the last couple of years. We stopped people way more often back in Als playing days. Stats alone dont make legends. He wont go until the 4th if he is lucky.

Al
  • Games Played: 42.
  • Tackles: 272.
  • Tackles-For-Loss: 27.
  • Sacks: 11.
  • Forced Fumbles: 8.
  • Fumble Recoveries: 3.
  • Pass Breakups: 10.
  • Interceptions: 2.
Banks

• Games: 40
• Tackles: 209
• TFL: 17
• Sacks: 5.5
• FF and FR: 1 each
• Pass breakups: 8
• INTs: 1

But yea Banks is on the same level..
What now littlevol

I wouldn't be. Red flags or not, his unleash the beast aggressiveness and toughness is coveted by NFL teams. They will roll the dice on him. I think is ready for another linebacker with the mentally of a Dick Butkus, Jack Ham, Ray Nitschke, and Lawrence Taylor. A group of mean as demons men who existed for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on another man.
It seams it’s illegal to inflict pain on another man in today’s nfl

Reactions: Doberman
Doubt it. Too many red flags with him to take him early in the draft. Someone will pick him in the 5th round or so.

Not the same and the numbers don't tell half of the story.
He is a lot of development from being a contributor on an NFL team.
I think he'll get a shot, but his leash will be short.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You can't name one LBer that is excellent in coverage.
so the only valid point you have is the character stuff for which he's been documented as remedying.

He did get invited to a SR all-star game and the NFL Combine.

Undrafted?? That's hilarious!

I can name several actually. LBs are often tasked with covering TEs and RBs. I can't remember a TN LB with as many starts under his belt as Banks who that bad in pass coverage.

Documented as remedying? He was essentially suspended for the USC game. He has multiple run-ins with the law as well. You are insane if you don't think teams don't see massive red flags with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange
The LB class isn't that strong.
He gets drafted before the traitor Henry T.

Nope. Henry T will likely be a 2nd/3rd rounder. Again, Banks will be lucky to get drafted.

Folks, if you pay attention to draft rankings, you can get a pretty decent idea on where guys are projected to go in the draft. Jeremy Banks isn't on any top 10 or top 20 lists at the LB position that I can find (and I've looked at a lot).

This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
25 reps of 225 (400 lbs eq)
Had over 200 career tackles
9 sacks
4 Ints

All around production and physical testing puts him as ones of the most skilled LBs to ever play at UT.
If you don't agree, looks at Al Wilson's and Jerrod Mayos to compare.

Banks didn't play anywhere close to the level Wilson or Mayo played at. Plus the off the field stuff. Banks won't sniff the 1st Day.

VN Store

Back