Sorry but its getting old [Barnes discussion] (merged)

Whose a coach who has consistently done something in the tourney that you want?

Mark Few isn't coming

You’re preaching to the choir. History and recent history with other schools says that we would go the mid major route. Underwood hasn’t exactly nailed it as a P5 coach.

Uhhh have you turned on your TV, computer, or phone the last two days? Bama has been under a TON of scrutiny from basically everyone.

I haven’t heard anything during a live telecast. Maybe I missed it but the commentary has been minimal for such a big story.

I haven’t heard anything during a live telecast. Maybe I missed it but the commentary has been minimal for such a big story.
If you haven’t heard anything, you haven’t been paying attention. It was discussed at length during halftimes/pre and post game shows mid week.

There’s absolutely no way DW pursues Oats after handling the murder situation so poorly.

Beard? Woman beater who’s a hot head.

Scott Drew has it made at Baylor.

Half of this list isn’t even considered an “upgrade” over Barnes.

And that's why we shouldn't even be having this discussion.

We won't get anyone better than Barnes

Reactions: feathersax
It’s more than just this team.

ThIs will be 14 out of last 15 years that Barnes-led offense will be outside Top 20 in offensive efficiency. Barnes led teams have made one second weekend in the same timeframe. Wanna guess which one? Every national champion except for 1 has been inside the Top 21 in Offensive efficiency when NCAA tourney started.

This isn't a Fahr Barnes post but it's fair to state that the Offensive issues have been a long term issue (been masked by great defense) that ultimately puts a ceiling on the program...

Currently watching the alabama-auburn game and these 2 coaches make me want to throw up. I take back anything I've said about Barnes. If I had to look at pearl or oats on our sideline (especially oats) to get to a final 4 I'll do without.

Reactions: DC_Vol
And that's why we shouldn't even be having this discussion.

We won't get anyone better than Barnes

So you’re saying the Sweet Sixteen is the best we can expect considering S Carolina & Auburn have been to recent Final Fours? You know, those aren’t exactly college basketball powerhouses from the SEC, right? Of course, both got a big break not having RB as coach.

Last edited:
So you’re saying the Sweet Sixteen is the best we can expect considering S Carolina & Auburn have been to recent Final Fours? Those aren’t exactly college basketball powerhouses From the SEC, but both got a big break not having RB as coach.
Yes. Those were total fluke runs by AU and SC. You can’t make that the expectation here when it’s never been done.

So you’re saying the Sweet Sixteen is the best we can expect considering S Carolina & Auburn have been to recent Final Fours? You know, those aren’t exactly college basketball powerhouses from the SEC, right? Of course, both got a big break not having RB as coach.

Yeah, the same coach in Frank Martin who hasn’t done nothing since his Final Four run.

Would you trade him for Barnes right now? Didn’t think so.

Yes. Those were total fluke runs by AU and SC. You can’t make that the expectation here when it’s never been done.

Had never been done at either of those schools either but they survived and advanced, which is the name of the game at tourney time.

You do know it’s been 14 seasons since RB got past the Sweet sixteen, right? Is that a “ fluke” too?

VN Store

Back