Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

LOL.....you seriously are arguing that an effin 5 star NBA prospect has to have "DUNK THE BALL" spelled out to him?

Yes it should have been discussed, like we are going to get the ball to you and you are going to get an easy layup or dunk and thats what would have happened.

It doesn’t really matter.

The next HC (whoever that poor b**tard is) will be thrown under the bus once he starts struggling too.

If it’s not Barnes fault, it’ll be someone else’s.

Reactions: berryvol

The next HC (whoever that poor b**tard is) will be thrown under the bus once he starts struggling too.

Why is there a head coach pay disparity across all college coaches if nothing is ever their fault? Why did we give Heupel a huge raise if he had nothing to do with the team's success last season? Or is your theory that a coach can only help a team, not hurt it?

Reactions: Native Orange
Why is there a head coach pay disparity across all college coaches if nothing is ever their fault? Why did we give Heupel a huge raise if he had nothing to do with the team's success last season? Or is your theory that a coach can only help a team, not hurt it?
Given the fact the Rick Barnes inbounds play call was absolutely perfect to ice the game until Phillips pissed it away, it's very hard to say he was the reason for the loss.

I'd say the man that makes millions should take the blame...Never understood why they should be off limits...They get paid very well to take the blame IMO....Most college coaches would be like I was back in the day...A high school PE teacher and coach and they make much more in a week than I made in a year...Believe me...we took heat too.

Given the fact the Rick Barnes inbounds play call was absolutely perfect to ice the game until Phillips pissed it away, it's very hard to say he was the reason for the loss.
JP better knock off his timid ways if he expects to be a NBA 1st rounder this year

I remember people getting so defensive when I said it wasn't a foregone conclusion that Phillips was a 1 and done player in the offseason.
He will leave anyway - Chandler - Johnson and Springer all could have used an extra season -- 1 and done is what really ruined CBB at least for fans standpoint -- Vols would have had King and Grunfeld for 1 season if it was like that back then

He will leave anyway - Chandler - Johnson and Springer all could have used an extra season -- 1 and done is what really ruined CBB at least for fans standpoint -- Vols would have had King and Grunfeld for 1 season if it was like that back then

Phillips and his camp aren’t hell bent on leaving early like KC’s and Springer’s camp was. Keon was a guaranteed first rounder so that’s a no brainer.

If Phillips doesn’t have a first round guarantee I doubt he leaves. And right now he isn’t viewed as a sure fire first rounder.

Reactions: 508mikey
Phillips and his camp aren’t hell bent on leaving early like KC’s and Springer’s camp was. Keon was a guaranteed first rounder so that’s a no brainer.

If Phillips doesn’t have a first round guarantee I doubt he leaves. And right now he isn’t viewed as a sure fire first rounder.
I think it’s going to have to be a consensus 2nd round grade for him not to leave. If he’s still projected late first round by some people I would expect him to go.

Many of us aren't upset with Barnes, just that we've finally acknowledged he is who he is. We have to stop kidding ourselves that he is going to have a true champ caliber team that doesn't blow it and just enjoy who he is.

Many of us aren't upset with Barnes, just that we've finally acknowledged he is who he is. We have to stop kidding ourselves that he is going to have a true champ caliber team that doesn't blow it and just enjoy who he is.

This is dead on. Criticism of a coach does not mean you 'dislike' him or 'despise him'. In fact. it's rarely personal with most fans. Barnes is a very good coach, but he has weaknesses. He will win a lot of regular season games, but his teams will have peaks and valleys, with little in between consistency. He will make the tourney nearly every year, but he will rarely escape the first weekend.

This is a step up from what we have had in the past. If Barnes leaves, I do not know if the next hire would be better or worse. But to pretend that Barnes is a NC level coach, and deflect any and all criticism of him to the players is just as short-sighted as the folks who want him gone 'tomorrow'.

Rick Barnes and his teams offensive efficiency is his problem and he knows what the numbers tell him yet he will not change. The true definition of insanity is Rick Barnes and his failures in the NCAA tournament. He either doesn't care or is unwilling to change. He is in complete denial and needs a intervention. Lol

Barnes brought this team from the dead to national relevancy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm going to wait until the NCAA tournament before I formulate my final opinion on this season.

VN Store

Back