Game Thread: SEC tournament; Lady Vols v Kentucky,,Friday 8:15 PM, SEC network=win 80-71

She been here longer than any other player , I believe she lead the team in all categories. Four years and loving her.
When career stats of all teammates are counted, Horston has the most with one fewer years played. Next closest is Walker with 331 turnovers in 5 years (130 @ WMU, 201 @ UT).

Tennessee can and likely will beat LSU tomorrow.. there’s no matchup defensively for Rickea J and Horston. Johnson can’t guard either. Carson can’t guard either. Williams can’t guard either. Hollingshead had a good game against LSU last time, but tomorrow night I hope to see Striplin having a big impact against LSU posts. She’s doing things really well that don’t show up in the stat sheet. Tomorrow night the rotation needs to be locked in. Don’t play more than 7 or 8.

I think stopping Morris is the key, but I doubt that will happen, Powell and Walker can’t guard her at all, she was saying they can’t guard me and they are too small as she was scorching them last time. Hopefully she has an off night and we could win this.
Ideal would be for them to hit about 4 of 20 threes instead of 12 of 20 think we would have a great chance if that happened.

It was three players doing most of it Horston 7, Powell 6, and Darby 3 which is unusual for her. That is 16. Rest of team had six.

Powell needs to attack the press. Everytime she saw it she would back into a corner and allow it to close on her instead of passing before it was set. Even after she stole the ball back on one possession after we had turned over, she went straight over the halfcourt line and into the corner to get pressed again. She has really bad instincts for a point guard.

Darbys were trying to pass into the post and Jackson was being held. We had several turnovers that Jackson would normally catch if not for being held to the floor.
Powell has no excuse and shouldn't be on the floor. What is her purpose ? And then Kellie has both Powell and Walker in the game together , go figure.
Run amok Jasmine Run amok

That's not how it works. At all.

A turnover is one lost possession, at one point per possession average, that's translated to 386 points.

Most teams are below 1 PPP.
First, I said the “potential” “2-point” impact was 772. Your calculation is no more scientific. When calculating a fuller potential of difference in points, one could use 3-points per turnover and get 1,158. See how that works?

Here is the simple fact. Turnovers cost points and some games.

I hate that statement. Sometimes it does matter HOW you win. Otherwise you aren’t getting better.

You think Dawn isn’t in there ripping her team about mistakes made in wins? Guarantee she is. Kellie just wants to move on to the next one and forget about all the ugliness. Which is why we see it game after game, play after play. She clearly doesn’t mind ugly basketball.

You don’t have to tell me you hate it. You are talking apples and oranges. Me saying the win is all that matters, is not the same thing as “HOW” you win doesn’t matter. South Carolina had games this year that were a lot closer than the final score. Tennessee just blew out this same team last Sunday. The game tonight moving forward matters just as much as the one before for one reason and one reason only which is the “ win.”

Powell has no excuse and shouldn't be on the floor. What is her purpose ? And then Kellie has both Powell and Walker in the game together , go figure.

Yeah. Powell just looks so unsure of what she’s supposed to be doing. I think the coaches have our PGs over thinking things way too much.

Sure, the head-scratcher turnovers were maddening, but Tennessee won the dang game and I'm going to focus on that happy fact the rest of the night so I can get some sleep. I mean, earlier today if someone had said to me you have a choice: Lose the game by 1 after playing a perfect, turnover-free game but the opponent hit a miracle shot at the buzzer .... or, WIN the game by one even though we shot 20% and had 30 turnovers.

I'm taking that ugly-@ss win. Every time. 😂

Run amok Jasmine Run amok

I thought Powell had a bad night with too many simple mistakes, but she’s been trending upward the last 5-10 games or so. I’m hoping tonight was just an off night and she can regain her momentum with what she had going on in the last stretch of the regular season.

Sure, the head-scratcher turnovers were maddening, but Tennessee won the dang game and I'm going to focus on that happy fact the rest of the night so I can get some sleep. I mean, earlier today if someone had said to me you have a choice: Lose the game by 1 after playing a perfect, turnover-free game but the opponent hit a miracle shot at the buzzer .... or, WIN the game by one even though we shot 20% and had 30 turnovers.

I'm taking that ugly-@ss win. Every time. 😂
If they win tomorrow, you will still see the same people bitch. Most likely those who never played the game or played the game and sat the bench. Those are normally the ones.

VN Store

Back