Game Thread: SEC tournament; Lady Vols v Kentucky,,Friday 8:15 PM, SEC network=win 80-71

and 1340 career points, 152 steals, 685 rebounds, 434 assists. I think that washes out the turnovers, imo.
and 1340 career points, 152 steals, 685 rebounds, 434 assists. I think that washes out the turnovers, imo.
Turnovers are incredibly negative. When translated into points, it results in less points for TN and more points for the opponent. So the potential 2-point impact is 772 points less for TN and 772 points more for the opponent. That’s a 1,544 dIfference. That matters a lot. It has cost TN multiple games over the last 4 years.

Lobbing the ball into players who do not have great position or have two defenders close. We had 10 TOs in the half--and about 7 game from forcing
passes into the paint. It's like our players do not process well at times: You look and see if the pass is there. Also, you use bounce passes to get the ball inside--fundamental.
We need
Lobbing the ball into players who do not have great position or have two defenders close. We had 10 TOs in the half--and about 7 game from forcing
passes into the paint. It's like our players do not process well at times: You look and see if the pass is there. Also, you use bounce passes to get the ball inside--fundamental.
we need #23 for GA. An assist machine.

She has 386 career turnovers, which is by far the most on the team.

Not to belabor the point, but for devil's advocate, if she's turned it over 386 times in her career and had 152 steals, she's at a net - 234 in turnover margin. Let's say every one of those turnovers resulted in a shot being made on the other end, that's -468 points given up.. She'd still be nearly a 1000-point scorer with 872. I don't think we should be diminishing her value and impact on this team. If you think it's been bad this year, just wait until next year when you see a TN team without her and Jackson.

It was three players doing most of it Horston 7, Powell 6, and Darby 3 which is unusual for her. That is 16. Rest of team had six.

Darby's are misleading. Two were entry passes to Hollingshead and Hollingshead didn't put forth the effort to receive them.

Powell had 3 bad ones on 3 consecutive possessions.

Beginning of SEC play we really cut down on the TOs. Kellie slacked off and they jumped right back up.

That’s one thing I love about Mulkey. You commit a turnover and her players head right for the bench. They already know. If you don’t value the basketball then she doesn’t value your playing time. Period. And that’s how it should be.

This is a game of possessions.
I think some coaches are scared to upset the players, the thing is the players respect Mulkey.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Jordy had 7 turnovers but she did play a good game and I am glad she is playing.

We are all glad she is playing. She was never coached here her entire career, so you have a super talent that never was taught to value the basketball or how to.

Because they have no other legitimate point… Tennessee took care of business. Won the game and that’s all that matters.

I hate that statement. Sometimes it does matter HOW you win. Otherwise you aren’t getting better.

You think Dawn isn’t in there ripping her team about mistakes made in wins? Guarantee she is. Kellie just wants to move on to the next one and forget about all the ugliness. Which is why we see it game after game, play after play. She clearly doesn’t mind ugly basketball.

Turnovers are incredibly negative. When translated into points, it results in less points for TN and more points for the opponent. So the potential 2-point impact is 772 points less for TN and 772 points more for the opponent. That’s a 1,544 dIfference. That matters a lot. It has cost TN multiple games over the last 4 years.

So I want to get this right, are you suggesting we would be a better team without her?

Rebounds 44 to 24 plus 20. The turnovers we 14 for them and 22 for us minus 8 so that is what kept it close. Refs were really lenient on calling fouls on those entry passes tonight.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Talk about shame. Do you ever read ANY of your own posts? If you miss one, just wait around and you will post a variant again. I heard several were considering suing you due to vision loss from excessive reflexive eye rolls.

Lmao. Ok.

That's not how it works. At all.

A turnover is one lost possession, at one point per possession average, that's translated to 386 points.

Most teams are below 1 PPP.

Yes! Shut down Reese and Morris and it’s game on! 😅😅… no but I seriously doubt Morris scorches us for 30+, again.
I think stopping Morris is the key, but I doubt that will happen, Powell and Walker can’t guard her at all, she was saying they can’t guard me and they are too small as she was scorching them last time. Hopefully she has an off night and we could win this.

VN Store

Back