Spring Junior Days: Visitors List

Because he's not a 4 star talent. He's a high 3 star that should've gone to a low tier P5 program IMO. North Carolina recruits well enough where they probably shouldn't ever play him. On3 actually with a rankings W haha

Not sure why you’re riding UNC’s jock. They suck. Went 9-5 last season, losing their last 4(!) after starting the season by escaping App State and GA State. 6-7 the previous season getting boat raced by Mayo Shane.

They play in a stadium half the size of Neyland and their coach spends the game with a look on his face that says the nurse just told him they’re out of tapioca. Program is the definition of mediocrity.

Merklinger is a legit 4 star. Nowhere near done watching all the top guys but Jake will probably near the top of my list in that second tier when it comes to QBs for 2024
This sounds like D4H level “eye test” evaluation with the “legit” tidbit. 😅 How often are you wrong? How often do you admit it?

Reactions: StoVol
This sounds like D4H level “eye test” evaluation with the “legit” tidbit. 😅 How often are you wrong? How often do you admit it?
I'm not one to shy away from admitting when I'm wrong. I'll say it straight up. But I also say how I see things in the moment, or try to at least. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Happens. Goal is just try to usually be more right than wrong. No consequences for me as there is for a coach

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I'm not one to shy away from admitting when I'm wrong. I'll say it straight up. But I also say how I see things in the moment, or try to at least. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Happens. Goal is just try to usually be more right than wrong. No consequences for me as there is for a coach
So YES…you’ve been wrong on recruits? Anything recently…like the last hour? 😎

Added 2025 QB Deuce Knight for March 23 and again April 8-9 (there's a 7-on-7 tournament in Knoxville) per Rivals

Added S Travaris Banks for April 1. "Banks says his official visits will likely occur in June. He says he has set a commitment date for June 18. "

Alvin Henderson isn't going to be here this weekend
I swear it feels like he's had recruiting hype for 6 years now...(Henderson)

Agree with Merklinger probably going to UNC. He's good enough to start P5 as a freshman.

It's going to be about 3 cycles until UT can recruit 5 star QBs ever class.

I swear it feels like he's had recruiting hype for 6 years now...(Henderson)

Agree with Merklinger probably going to UNC. He's good enough to start P5 as a freshman.

It's going to be about 3 cycles until UT can recruit 5 star QBs ever class.
Merklinger isn’t a 5 star.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
March 4th
RB Peyton Lewis
LB Bodie Kahoun
DL Marcus Downs
LB D’Angelo Barber
OT Justin Tauanuu
CB Jontae Gilbert (2025 - OSU commitment)
DL Amare Adams (2025)
ATH Jamarion Morrow (2025)
DL Jhrevious Hall (2025)
DL Malik Autry (2025)
ATH J’Alan Terry (2025)
RB Donovan Johnson (2025)
WR Joakim Dodson (2025)
TE London Merritt (2025)
LB AJ Rice (2025)
Edge Grayshaun Swain (2025)
RB Ja’Michael Jones (2026)

Fighting Vitellos hosting Gonzaga that weekend. Unfortunately the hoops team will finish the regular season @ AU

Other visits of interest:

QB Jake Merklinger (UNC)
DL Williams Nwaneri (OU; has Colorado set for their spring game weekend of 4/22)
Edge Jordan Ross (Alabama)
DL TJ Lindsey (OU on the 4th and Ok St on the 5th)
WR Perry Thompson (Bama, where he is committed)
S Ricardo Jones (LSU)
WR Amari Jefferson (Bama; then "Georgia on the 11th, Clemson on 18th, and maybe Colorado on April 8th")
Edge Jamonta Waller (Bama)
WR Braunte Johnson (Purdue)
Boo Carter (Bama)
OL Ethan Calloway (Bama)

March 9th-11th
TE Dillon Hipp

Fighting Vitellos hosting Morehead State that weekend

OL Ethan Calloway (UF and FSU)
OL Fletcher Westphal (UF)
Edge Jamonta Waller (UF and FSU)
DL Kamarion Franklin (FSU)

March 25th
TE Max Leblanc (3/21)
QB Jake Merklinger
RB Kam Davis (FSU commit)
OL Jesse Perry
WR Amari Jefferson
DL Jeremias Heard
LB Tylen Singleton
LB James Nesta
LB Parker Meese (2025)
TE Davon Mitchell (2025)
OL Mason Short (2025)
QB Deuce Knight (2025, March 23rd)

Fighting Vitellos hosting Texas A&M that weekend

TE Jaden Reddell (ND)
Edge Jamonta Waller (A&M)
CB Ify Obidegwu (OSU)

March 31
OT Marquis Easley (will also OV June 16th weekend)

April 1-5
Edge Jamonta Waller
LB Payton Pierce
OT Mark Schroller
S Travaris Banks (OV June 16th)
OT Kevin Heywood (April 5)

OT Ethan Calloway (LSU)

April 8-9*
TE Cole Heinrich
QB Deuce Knight (2025)

*7-on-7 tournament being held in Knoxville that weekend

April 15th (O&W Game)
DL Amaris Williams
DL Herb Gray
Edge Jordan Ross (OV June 22)
OL Ethan Calloway
OL Eagan Boyer (14th and 15th)
Edge Kameryn Fountain (OV June 22)
RB Kevin Riley

Unfortunately the Fighting Vitellos will be in Fayetteville that weekend

Is there a cap limit on how many players Tennessee can invite to their Junior Days?

ESPN is literally only still around for their camps. A lot of people on this board could make better rankings
So all this back and forth I've seen in this thread, are you saying Merklinger is leaning UNC, or are you just saying you could understand why he would?
This back and forth is stupid, I just want to know where he is going/leaning.

So all this back and forth I've seen in this thread, are you saying Merklinger is leaning UNC, or are you just saying you could understand why he would?
This back and forth is stupid, I just want to know where he is going/leaning.
I'm saying I understand why he would and that they are a legit player. Many on here are acting like he would be so dumb to go there, while in reality they have a lot of good things going for QBs right now. I think Merklinger is a UT/UNC/MSU battle right now

VN Store

Back