Spring Junior Days: Visitors List

Updated with Eagan Boyer visit over O&W Game Weekend; Jontae Gilbert, a 2025 Ohio State CB commitment; and VQ War Room list from 2/24. Did not include Ny Carr because he's publicly shut down his recruitment - will happily add him if he shows.

"Hey Jake, come to UT, you and Nico battle it out for the starter spot next year"

Then if Nico wins, give this a RS, and he starts once Nico leaves after his JR year (assuming he does)

"Hey Jake, come to UT, you and Nico battle it out for the starter spot next year"

Then if Nico wins, give this a RS, and he starts once Nico leaves after his JR year (assuming he does)
Drake Maye leaving after this year. UNC has a strong selling point with a QB that could win Heisman, go top 5 on the team right now and he'll be gone before Jake would get there giving him a clear path to pt. Seems like a UNC-Tennessee battle mainly right now so that UNC visit will be one to watch

Drake Maye leaving after this year. UNC has a strong selling point with a QB that could win Heisman, go top 5 on the team right now and he'll be gone before Jake would get there giving him a clear path to pt. Seems like a UNC-Tennessee battle mainly right now so that UNC visit will be one to watch

Difference is they're in a crap conference at a basketball school that plays in a half-filled podunk stadium.

Iyo, who are the 10 recruits we have the best shot at currently. I don't care about the 10 highest ranked, just in general.

Iyo, who are the 10 recruits we have the best shot at currently. I don't care about the 10 highest ranked, just in general.
All those in-state DBs for one. Goree and Beasley are in the boat now but Kumaro Brown and Boo Carter have us out in front. Edwin Spillman obviously is a guy to watch. Jeremias Heard only has an offer from us but that will probably change with camps so we'll see what happens. Kameryn Fountain had a great day in Atlanta today and Tennessee continues to be in a good spot with him. Don't know his timeline. Offensive side of the ball is little trickier with the profile of players we are prioritizing but I think we have great chances at Ethan Calloway, Jesse Perry, for sure Ronan O'Connell, Jaden Reddell, Ryan Wingo, Jeremiah McClellan, JJ Harrell, etc. Also Danny Okoye on defense and that DL in Georgia (I think) likes Tennessee a lot. Everything right now is kinda just stagnant with the dead period so we will see during and after spring visits what our chances shape up to be with each guy

Point remains, it's a mid-tier program in a mid-tier conference.

LMAO!
They made the conference championship and played in a very good bowl game. Recruits want to get to the next level and when you look at UNC as a QB under Mack Brown you see Sam Howell probably starting for Washington this next season as of now and the 2nd best QB in all of college football behind Caleb Williams

They made the conference championship and played in a very good bowl game. Recruits want to get to the next level and when you look at UNC as a QB under Mack Brown you see Sam Howell probably starting for Washington this next season as of now and the 2nd best QB in all of college football behind Caleb Williams

And maybe Joe Milton...

Look, I get it, they've had a good run at QB. But again, point remains about the relative strength and prestige of the programs and their respective conferences while at the same time there is zero doubt a QB can "get to the next level" at Tennessee (I know you're not suggesting otherwise).

And maybe Joe Milton...

Look, I get it, they've had a good run at QB. But again, point remains about the relative strength and prestige of the programs and their respective conferences while at the same time there is zero doubt a QB can "get to the next level" at Tennessee (I know you're not suggesting otherwise).
Tell me one good NFL QB that has come from Heup/Halzle. Drew Lock? Not saying that it can't happen but it hasn't yet. So it's not like we just have some end all be all at QB because Hendon Hooker played well. They had a guy up there too if it's just based off college play. Saying Joe Milton is better than Drake Maye is wild tho lol

Tell me one good NFL QB that has come from Heup/Halzle. Drew Lock? Not saying that it can't happen but it hasn't yet. So it's not like we just have some end all be all at QB because Hendon Hooker played well. They had a guy up there too if it's just based off college play. Saying Joe Milton is better than Drake Maye is wild tho lol

OK

And they lost their OC…actual architect of their offense in Longo. At UT he’s one play from starting as a true freshman and if a redshirt is preserved, another season of waiting out Nico’s declaring for the draft. You’re discounting Tad Hudson’s possible grasp on the job (four star). Strong selling points in their own right.

And they lost their OC…actual architect of their offense in Longo. At UT he’s one play from starting as a true freshman and if a redshirt is preserved, another season of waiting out Nico’s declaring for the draft. You’re discounting Tad Hudson’s possible grasp on the job (four star). Strong selling points in their own right.
Tad Hudson is not going to play a meaningful down at UNC barring injury. If he does. they are in trouble. 2 years of waiting at Tennessee vs playing immediately at UNC where they just had one of the best QBs in cfb.

Tad Hudson is not going to play a meaningful down at UNC barring injury. If he does. they are in trouble. 2 years of waiting at Tennessee vs playing immediately at UNC where they just had one of the best QBs in cfb.
Why are you down on a 4 star QB…determined narrative? Similarly rated as Merkinger + one year head start in whatever system they’ll be running one year removed from Howell and Longo = No sure thing on that immediate playing time thing. I’d add that Howell regressed in his final season adding another knock against. Something about HAVING to play immediately that doesn’t advertise well. Desperation under Brown vs Development under Heupel. 😎

When you compare it to the pantheon of All-Pro signalcaller talent Mack Brown’s churned out. 😏 I think any recent talent can see the difference between Hendon Hooker at Virginia Tech and at UT and make the correct leap for themselves.

All those in-state DBs for one. Goree and Beasley are in the boat now but Kumaro Brown and Boo Carter have us out in front. Edwin Spillman obviously is a guy to watch. Jeremias Heard only has an offer from us but that will probably change with camps so we'll see what happens. Kameryn Fountain had a great day in Atlanta today and Tennessee continues to be in a good spot with him. Don't know his timeline. Offensive side of the ball is little trickier with the profile of players we are prioritizing but I think we have great chances at Ethan Calloway, Jesse Perry, for sure Ronan O'Connell, Jaden Reddell, Ryan Wingo, Jeremiah McClellan, JJ Harrell, etc. Also Danny Okoye on defense and that DL in Georgia (I think) likes Tennessee a lot. Everything right now is kinda just stagnant with the dead period so we will see during and after spring visits what our chances shape up to be with each guy

I think Marshall and Easley should be up there as well, and probably/hopefully Daniel Calhoun

Why are you down on a 4 star QB…determined narrative? Similarly rated as Merkinger + one year head start in whatever system they’ll be running one year removed from Howell and Longo = No sure thing on that immediate playing time thing. I’d add that Howell regressed in his final season adding another knock against. Something about HAVING to play immediately that doesn’t advertise well. Desperation under Brown vs Development under Heupel. 😎
Because he's not a 4 star talent. He's a high 3 star that should've gone to a low tier P5 program IMO. North Carolina recruits well enough where they probably shouldn't ever play him. On3 actually with a rankings W haha

Because he's not a 4 star talent. He's a high 3 star that should've gone to a low tier P5 program IMO. North Carolina recruits well enough where they probably shouldn't ever play him. On3 actually with a rankings W haha
You’re using words like “should’ve” towards a composite 90 4 star. What’s to limit you from smacking Merklinger around when the next QB recruitment comes along? 😉

Reactions: swampfoxfan
You’re using words like “should’ve” towards a composite 90 4 star. What’s to limit you from smacking Merklinger around when the next QB recruitment comes along? 😉
Merklinger is a legit 4 star. Nowhere near done watching all the top guys but Jake will probably near the top of my list in that second tier when it comes to QBs for 2024

VN Store

Back