Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You misunderstood-- or perhaps I was unclear. It's galling that so much is being made over minor violations that are common. Tony's a great guy and UT baseball is a clean program with good kids, who're active in the community and strong academically. UT self-reports and self-imposes everything above and beyond what the NCAA imposes. Heaven help us if a UT baseball player is ever arrested... or takes a weapon to the scene of a murder.

I think you have revealed the truth, which is also the problem that needs corrected administratively. Overreaction versus the scale of error. They have a history of doing just that.

It's time for UT's administration to not take the bait. They are doing too many things right to mess it up with false plays of "integrity" when simply following the established norm administered to peers is all that is necessary.

This should be one of those nothing to see here's.

You misunderstood-- or perhaps I was unclear. It's galling that so much is being made over minor violations that are common. Tony's a great guy and UT baseball is a clean program with good kids, who're active in the community and strong academically. UT self-reports and self-imposes everything above and beyond what the NCAA imposes. Heaven help us if a UT baseball player is ever arrested... or takes a weapon to the scene of a murder.
Did UT look at the recent Miami situation with the Cavinder twins and decide to try that approach to get Ahuna eligible? Difference being I don't think the girls had to miss any games. The coach served a suspension, a fine was paid, and a few other procedural things and now, apparently, all is well.

Cavinder twins, Miami women’s hoops part of NCAA’s first NIL ruling - Sports Illustrated

Cavinder Twins Fire Back At NCAA Over NIL Punishments (totalprosports.com)

A blowout win wasn't expected. SC beat Kentucky early this year and just lost to Bama by 2 a few days ago. Tennessee played a good, complete game today. That shouldn't be marginalized.

Barnes recruited and coaches these kids. He gets credit for building the team.
I don’t want to get involved in the Rick Barnes pissing contest but a blowout win was expected… a very bad SC team can rise up and be competitive at home…. They are not going to play well on the road.

i-hate-you-so-much-eric-cartman.gif

I think you have revealed the truth, which is also the problem that needs corrected administratively. Overreaction versus the scale of error. They have a history of doing just that.

It's time for UT's administration to not take the bait. They are doing too many things right to mess it up with false plays of "integrity" when simply following the established norm administered to peers is all that is necessary.

This should be one of those nothing to see here's.
They have obviously decided they are going to be proactive…. I don’t agree with the approach but so far it has worked out well for us…. I’m willing to see how it works out…. I trust them 100%.

I didn’t get to witness it and am trying to find video…. My son was sitting in the stands waiting on his next tournament basketball game to start…. A foul was called in a mighty mites game( 5-6 yr olds)…. A fan came out of the stands yelling at the ref…. The ref kicked him out…. The fan got in the refs face daring him to hit him…. One of the coaches came running and started punching the fan…. Fans came out of the stands and jumped the coach…. Pretty soon…. The majority were going at it and all the kids were rushed to the locker room… one grandfather was protecting a kid got hit and his dentures went flying across the court.This fight lasted more than 20 minutes and involved 10-15 cop cars showing up…. To make it worse it was the same team fighting each other… it was the Shelby panthers A and B team playing each other…. In these 5 yr old games….. they don’t even call traveling bc the kids can barely dribble… Absolutely ridiculous behavior!!!

Oats and Bama are looking like the fools that the rest of the country believe they are. Miller was in on the deal but nothing happened to him…again.
I don't understand how any Vol could not be exceedingly proud and grateful to have Rick Barnes as our coach. I don't givarunnycrap if Oats wins the NC this year..or for the next ten years...I never want him or any of the other sleazy turds of CBB that are just like him anywhere near our program.

I didn’t get to witness it and am trying to find video…. My son was sitting in the stands waiting on his next tournament basketball game to start…. A foul was called in a mighty mites game( 5-6 yr olds)…. A fan came out of the stands yelling at the ref…. The ref kicked him out…. The fan got in the refs face daring him to hit him…. One of the coaches came running and started punching the fan…. Fans came out of the stands and jumped the coach…. Pretty soon…. The majority were going at it and all the kids were rushed to the locker room… one grandfather was protecting a kid got hit and his dentures went flying across the court.This fight lasted more than 20 minutes and involved 10-15 cop cars showing up…. To make it worse it was the same team fighting each other… it was the Shelby panthers A and B team playing each other…. In these 5 yr old games….. they don’t even call traveling bc the kids can barely dribble… Absolutely ridiculous behavior!!!
My sweet goodness. Is this in Tennessee?

These parents and the kids they raise are the reason competitive sports will be gone in a decade. Because coaches and refs will get tired of dealing with this crap

They have obviously decided they are going to be proactive…. I don’t agree with the approach but so far it has worked out well for us…. I’m willing to see how it works out…. I trust them 100%.
Think the administration stance may change once the football violations are resolved. Until that occurs, they will tread softly and may until Sankey retires.

Shelby, you say? Explains it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back