Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a chance Vitello has coached his last game at TN?

He's not getting fired for minor violations. But he's going to have to be mindful of the scrutiny he's under and the scrutiny the team is under. It's unfathomable how UT baseball has gotten under people's skin. Every little thing will get reported. Everything. And the NCAA is already up in UT's business.

He's not getting fired for minor violations. But he's going to have to be mindful of the scrutiny he's under and the scrutiny the team is under. It's unfathomable how UT baseball has gotten under people's skin. Every little thing will get reported. Everything. And the NCAA is already up in UT's business.
Too many blue hairs got butthurt over some college kids having fun.

There will be more-- some UT self-imposed; some negotiated with NCAA. Not sure how much UT will release, but statements will go through legal. The whole thing is galling.

Galling?? What could he possibly have done that’s so bad? I mean LSU bought an entire transfer class this off-season. I fail to see how Tony is some bad guy.

Hope our admin supports him and doesn’t bend themselves over a barrel for the feckless NCAA. I’ll be really disappointed if we let the NCAA just walk all over our program while everyone else is pretty much doing the exact same thing in the era of NIL and the transfer portal.

Galling?? What could he possibly have done that’s so bad? I mean LSU bought an entire transfer class this off-season. I fail to see how Tony is some bad guy.

Hope our admin supports him and doesn’t bend themselves over a barrel for the feckless NCAA. I’ll be really disappointed if we let the NCAA just walk all over our program while everyone else is pretty much doing the exact same thing in the era of NIL and the transfer portal.

You misunderstood-- or perhaps I was unclear. It's galling that so much is being made over minor violations that are common. Tony's a great guy and UT baseball is a clean program with good kids, who're active in the community and strong academically. UT self-reports and self-imposes everything above and beyond what the NCAA imposes. Heaven help us if a UT baseball player is ever arrested... or takes a weapon to the scene of a murder.

You misunderstood-- or perhaps I was unclear. It's galling that so much is being made over minor violations that are common. Tony's a great guy and UT baseball is a clean program with good kids, who're active in the community and strong academically. UT self-reports and self-imposes everything above and beyond what the NCAA imposes. Heaven help us if a UT baseball player is ever arrested... or takes a weapon to the scene of a murder.

I did misunderstand. My apologies. I agree, it is truly ridiculous how the NCAA and other programs seem to have us targeted over trivial matters. Priorities in collegiate athletics have become horribly skewed these past few years.

The envy and pettiness is ridiculous and I for one would love to see Danny White come out publicly calling it exactly what it is. If there was any question that the sport of baseball needs an enema, that question has been answered. The small-minded and jealous morons perpetrating this need to be run out of baseball and sports in general.

Alabama gets a free pass for playing a player who assisted in murdering an innocent woman and the baseball "blue bloods" are worried about this crap?

I hope I get to watch these clowns get theirs when karma decides it's ready for them.

Tamu has shot more 10/16 SEC games.

Miss St has shot more 9/16 games.

It was a home game for Miss St.

Miss St shot 4 more (30 vs 26) about 12% more in a single home game. Clearly a conspiracy...🤔😒😏🤣

Clearly the leaders (SEC Commish?) are willing to risk the biggest cash cow of all-time that takes little more than babysitting it by risking its entire integrity and livelihood and having it turn into little more than wrestling if their scripts were found from the commish's email to ADs and referree supervisors and down to coaches and assistants and lower level refs and them all keeping the scripts hush for decades. Makes total sense 🤭
As long as they have people that think it's not possible, then what risk is there?

I'll definitely go for not giving him any credit for the win if that means the window lickers zip their trap after a loss.
Barnes gets credit for the number one defense and having a top team. He also gets credit for kicking Plavsic butt into submission -- no running of mouth, stupid penalties and lookie here--double figure scoring. Obviously team is much better when JJJ is out there.

Too many blue hairs got butthurt over some college kids having fun.
Remember last year? VOLS got accused of messing with bats (proven wrong) ESPN accused our catcher of PEDS, caused a big ruckus for our team-- proven wrong and his punishment was apologizing half heartedly.

So tired of this crap.

Is Ahuna going to be eligible soon, or are the petty-coats going to make him sit out the entire year over a trivial secondary violation, that any other program would get a slap on the wrist with no repercussions? This is ludicrous to watch this play out, when comparing it to an accessory to murder continuing to play basketball for Bama with no repercussions. What a twisted world we live in!

i-hate-you-with-every-inch-of-my-body-eric-cartman.gif
20230226_073152.jpg

I posted this in basketball forum:

Mashack is starting to have that Josh Richardson feel in his game and development.

Spot on!

Love what I see out of him. Typically opponents have nobody to match up with him and his D is off the charts good. Love watching him develop on the court right in from of our eyes. Once he gets more confident in his O - star. He is one you simply have to tip your cap to CRB and staff over. Two more years of him will be fun to watch.

Uhh… they beat a 10-19 team like they should have.

Why should we (all UT fans) kiss Barnes’ feet for that?
Bc some of you all (who love to be negative and hate on Barnes) had usc jr listed as a loss or possibly a close game. We handled business in a get right game. Hopefully we are starting to get healthy again at the right time and can put together a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back