Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t get to witness it and am trying to find video…. My son was sitting in the stands waiting on his next tournament basketball game to start…. A foul was called in a mighty mites game( 5-6 yr olds)…. A fan came out of the stands yelling at the ref…. The ref kicked him out…. The fan got in the refs face daring him to hit him…. One of the coaches came running and started punching the fan…. Fans came out of the stands and jumped the coach…. Pretty soon…. The majority were going at it and all the kids were rushed to the locker room… one grandfather was protecting a kid got hit and his dentures went flying across the court.This fight lasted more than 20 minutes and involved 10-15 cop cars showing up…. To make it worse it was the same team fighting each other… it was the Shelby panthers A and B team playing each other…. In these 5 yr old games….. they don’t even call traveling bc the kids can barely dribble… Absolutely ridiculous behavior!!!

People are stupid

ed02c745733718f38cfc5836e2163903.jpg

A blowout win wasn't expected. SC beat Kentucky early this year and just lost to Bama by 2 a few days ago. Tennessee played a good, complete game today. That shouldn't be marginalized.

Barnes recruited and coaches these kids. He gets credit for building the team.
Wasn't the line over 20 points? A blowout win was absolutely expected.

As long as they have people that think it's not possible, then what risk is there?
The risk is obviously that it leaks or a disgruntled individual tells all. That's the only way it turns real regardless of what people believe.

So how do they communicate who will win? Email? Text? Show up in person every single time? Is it communicated to ADs, HCs, university personnel, and all refs? Or just a few refs on the payroll paid under the table and they have to strongarm it to the finish line each time?

Curious how they've been able to keep it under wraps for so long with nobody leaking it, accidentally or purposefully, supposedly across multiple commissioners, ADs, refs, etc. 🤔😒😏

Wasn't the line over 20 points? A blowout win was absolutely expected.
Yes it was 23 iirc. But 40 is 17 more than the spread.

That level of domination was not expected, you could argue. Especially the way we had been playing and USCjr almost upsetting Bama. I'd even guess a decent bit of money was on the USCjr spread there.

VERY happy we came out and JJJ balled out and we looked like our peak January selves again.

I posted this in basketball forum:

Mashack is starting to have that Josh Richardson feel in his game and development.
Agreed. Loved his finishing moves. That said, idk about those deep 3s either 🤣 Great to see them fall, but hopefully he doesn't go full volume shooter from 40 ft either. His specialties lie elsewhere.

Reactions: Ace
He's not getting fired for minor violations. But he's going to have to be mindful of the scrutiny he's under and the scrutiny the team is under. It's unfathomable how UT baseball has gotten under people's skin. Every little thing will get reported. Everything. And the NCAA is already up in UT's business.
@LA Vol is there any definitive “proof” who’s behind it? We’ve all seen the “impliedness” of DVH and Corbs and not saying it’s gospel by any means but the scuttlebutt in the high level travel ball world is that it’s Corbin. I spent some time with a cousin last night who’s committed to Bama, was recruited by half the SEC and has played for some serious travel organizations around the southeast and his dad told me that everyone they’ve talked to, in that world, since news broke is saying or at minimum pointing the finger at Corbin. Word is he’s over our program as a whole and will do whatever necessary to derail CTV. If true, I’m actually somewhat surprised simply from the standpoint that we don’t have a lot of overlap in recruiting, save for a maybe a handful of TN kids, at most, every year. I get that our success means one more challenging series in a season but I don’t see anyway our success leads to their ultimate demise with Opportunity Vanderbilt and the type and location of kids they go after.

The risk is obviously that it leaks or a disgruntled individual tells all. That's the only way it turns real regardless of what people believe.

So how do they communicate who will win? Email? Text? Show up in person every single time? Is it communicated to ADs, HCs, university personnel, and all refs? Or just a few refs on the payroll paid under the table and they have to strongarm it to the finish line each time?

Curious how they've been able to keep it under wraps for so long with nobody leaking it, accidentally or purposefully, supposedly across multiple commissioners, ADs, refs, etc. 🤔😒😏
If someone came out and exposed it, people like you wouldn't believe it.

It amazes me how trusting people are. Our whole society is one big pile of corruption. From the very heights of our government (not a political statement, rep, dem, ind, all bought and paid for). Our financial system (insider trading). If there's huge money involved, there will be corruption. People trust the SEC as an unbiased organization that treats their members equally yet time and time again we see different levels of enforcement handed down. We've witnessed a completely orchestrated east and west division of teams, one strong team from each division that don't play each other in order to make it likely 2 teams from the same conference get in the cfp. Perhaps your one to believe that Alabama and Georgia have been totally within the rules.when it comes to recruiting? You'd be one of the few. Even the media burst out in laughter when Saban made the claim they don't pay players. All these years, never an investigation. You have Will Wade on tape admitting purchasing recruits and he coached for what, 2-3 more years, only being fired when he quit winning. And here we have Tony V serving a suspension because he made a phone call too early and a player sitting as well. There is extreme bias in the SEC and the NCAA, you just have to open your eyes to see it.

All it takes is one phone call to the person who manages officials and make a totally innocuous comment about how it would be nice if team A beat team B.

I'm extremely cynical about anything and everything where huge sums of money are involved. After the last 3 years I don't trust anything.

@LA Vol is there any definitive “proof” who’s behind it? We’ve all seen the “impliedness” of DVH and Corbs and not saying it’s gospel by any means but the scuttlebutt in the high level travel ball world is that it’s Corbin. I spent some time with a cousin last night who’s committed to Bama, was recruited by half the SEC and has played for some serious travel organizations around the southeast and his dad told me that everyone they’ve talked to, in that world, since news broke is saying or at minimum pointing the finger at Corbin. Word is he’s over our program as a whole and will do whatever necessary to derail CTV. If true, I’m actually somewhat surprised simply from the standpoint that we don’t have a lot of overlap in recruiting, save for a maybe a handful of TN kids, at most, every year. I get that our success means one more challenging series in a season but I don’t see anyway our success leads to their ultimate demise with Opportunity Vanderbilt and the type and location of kids they go after.

Another interesting twist that I was told yesterday is that Kansas hired an LSU assistant in June to be their head coach. Ahuna connection.

If someone came out and exposed it, people like you wouldn't believe it.

It amazes me how trusting people are. Our whole society is one big pile of corruption. From the very heights of our government (not a political statement, rep, dem, ind, all bought and paid for). Our financial system (insider trading). If there's huge money involved, there will be corruption. People trust the SEC as an unbiased organization that treats their members equally yet time and time again we see different levels of enforcement handed down. We've witnessed a completely orchestrated east and west division of teams, one strong team from each division that don't play each other in order to make it likely 2 teams from the same conference get in the cfp. Perhaps your one to believe that Alabama and Georgia have been totally within the rules.when it comes to recruiting? You'd be one of the few. Even the media burst out in laughter when Saban made the claim they don't pay players. All these years, never an investigation. You have Will Wade on tape admitting purchasing recruits and he coached for what, 2-3 more years, only being fired when he quit winning. And here we have Tony V serving a suspension because he made a phone call too early and a player sitting as well. There is extreme bias in the SEC and the NCAA, you just have to open your eyes to see it.

All it takes is one phone call to the person who manages officials and make a totally innocuous comment about how it would be nice if team A beat team B.

I'm extremely cynical about anything and everything where huge sums of money are involved. After the last 3 years I don't trust anything.

I’m not a conspiracy theory guy, but the line judge in our Alabama game who went to Hoover High School a few years ago and the Anthony Jordan fiasco in basketball are both hard proof that bias exists within the conference.

It all leads back to Birmingham, and they don’t even try to hide it. Heck, at one time, Steve Shaw was the head of football officials, and the head of basketball officials resided in Lexington, KY.

With the amount of money involved, all of these things should be vetted and reviewed. But they aren’t until a scandal occurs. The SEC also got what they deserved in our UT-OM game 2 years ago. Fans should never throw stuff on the field, but if the conference had been proactive, incompetence would have never officiated the game. But then again, it got OM to a NY6 bowl.

Yep…. It’s hard to find refs now
A ref who just happened to be a former student and graduated from Fyffe K-12 school called a 2 shot foul with .1 second left with Fyffe down 48-47 against my sons 8th grade Geraldine team in the Dekalb county championship game...I have an old hand held video of it that I have watched over and over...there is not a Geraldine player within 2 feet of him.

The kid made one of the free throws tying the game and sending it to overtime. The kid the ref called the foul on was our best player and it fouled him out of the game....subsequently they lost 58-56.

Dirty Refs deserve the crap they get...after watching our kids hurt so bad and then finding out later that the ref was a former Fyffe student and player in multiple sports...I wanted to beat his face in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back