The Grill and BBQ thread

Crazy question: anyone ever done a beef heart? We are trying to use all of our cow.
Hiro loves when I use the liver and heart for jerky treats. I go to our farmer where we get side of beef at least twice a month for his jerky and raw food.

Ok I'm interested. How do you make the jerky?
One of two ways. First, in air fryer. Cut in thin strips. Season with just a little Chipotle seasoning. Let sit over night in fridge. Place on parchment paper, put dehydrator mode at 225 for about 8 hours. 1 heart and 1 liver about 6 bucks and make about a month worth of treats. He will no longer eat store bought treats. 2nd is if I'm using smoker or grill for "people meat". I follow same basic techniques. Just use mesquite wood.

One of two ways. First, in air fryer. Cut in thin strips. Season with just a little Chipotle seasoning. Let sit over night in fridge. Place on parchment paper, put dehydrator mode at 225 for about 8 hours. 1 heart and 1 liver about 6 bucks and make about a month worth of treats. He will no longer eat store bought treats. 2nd is if I'm using smoker or grill for "people meat". I follow same basic techniques. Just use mesquite wood.
Does the jerky require refrigeration? I'm on this.

Holy cow, I shoulda took pics. My son marinated some breasts and thighs (chicken...) in homemade jerk marinade for a good 24 hours, then smoked them. Hello tastebuds. Last time he did this he grilled them and they were not nearly as good as smoking them with the jerk.

Just to give you an idea. We split a cow every year. Friends only want people meat. We take all else. I have a grinder so I make dog food from left overs some bones and marrow. I put the meat with kibble 50/50 and it feed a 120# Shephard and Huskie for about 9 months. Now treats I get monthly from farmer and get them dirt cheap. Example of a pick up farmer dog food is this. Now my guy and I have been working together for a few days so I get a lot of scraps and a bit of a discount.

Attachments

• 20230206_132234.jpg
    20230206_132234.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Been thinking of getting a pellet grill. I’ve always been a stick burner guy. Meat I’ve tasted from pellet grills don’t have much smoke taste. My question is, is there a way to get more smoke flavor into the meat?

Holy cow, I shoulda took pics. My son marinated some breasts and thighs (chicken...) in homemade jerk marinade for a good 24 hours, then smoked them. Hello tastebuds. Last time he did this he grilled them and they were not nearly as good as smoking them with the jerk.
What was the marinade recipe haha

I got a LoCo griddle on an incredible deal after it was returned to a store where my boys work. Seasoned it last night and excited to give it a whirl. Prob try smash burgers first.

I got a LoCo griddle on an incredible deal after it was returned to a store where my boys work. Seasoned it last night and excited to give it a whirl. Prob try smash burgers first.
Fantastic. If you like onions; there’s this thing called Oklahoma smash burger. It’s real good

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Been thinking of getting a pellet grill. I’ve always been a stick burner guy. Meat I’ve tasted from pellet grills don’t have much smoke taste. My question is, is there a way to get more smoke flavor into the meat?
I think what I have learned is that I also like the charcoal flavor as well. There are gravity fed charcoal grills similar to a pellet smoker. I have been putting it off for a long time. I might buy one this spring. I think it fits my flavor profile better than a pellet smoker.

I think what I have learned is that I also like the charcoal flavor as well. There are gravity fed charcoal grills similar to a pellet smoker. I have been putting it off for a long time. I might buy one this spring. I think it fits my flavor profile better than a pellet smoker.
This is exactly where I’m at. I’ve seen very mixed reviews (granted no one I know has one). I love the charcoal and smoke taste.

Reactions: GTBATV

VN Store

Back