Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes Wes makes solid tweets or comments and then other times he does this.

There have been 3 home games in SEC play, 7:00pm on a Tuesday night against Mississippi State not a rival and they have a first year HC still had over 16.5k in attendance. Second home game was a 9pm game on a Tuesday night against little brother Candy and even then there was over 16k tickets sold. First real good matchup at TBA was a noon game against Kentucky (which sold out) and the team laid an egg.

There are just 7 home games and 3 of them are already sold out. 2 of the 4 are Saturday games one is Missouri the weekend before Valentine's Day and the other is against 8-11 (1-5) South Carolina who they beat by 43 in South Carolina.

I mean why's he going after the fan base?
I think the team lacks some charisma that draws fans. I like the team but they aren’t close to my top group. Basketball for us has been a solid sport for a few years now so people expect us to win ever game and if we don’t it’s a disappointment.

It’s because they’ll go out and thump a team and really show how great they can be and then lose to Kentucky.

There’s no excuse for it but it seems to be a tendency of Barnes teams.
🤦🏼‍♂️ that literally happens to almost every, single, team. It's not a tendency. It's basketball.

Gonzaga fans, Houston fans, Kansas fans, Arizona fans, etc ALL saying this. And all biased to think only THEIR team does this. That's basketball. You play nearly 40 games and you lose some of them. Even some you win 9/10 times. It's not football. Making the tournament and being a great team is not about 1 game. It's about the collective performance of the season.

NCAA tournament is just to win 6 in a row. Nothing else matters. Many great teams fail to do that. And in fact, only 1 team a year successfully does it.

Shoot it happens in the pros too. Boston is #1 in the Eastern conference and just got beat by 3rd-from-last Orlando 113-98. Right after the Celtics won a huge game with a career high from Grant where Tatum and Smart were out. Memphis, #2 in the Western Conference, was on like a 12 game win streak and has just lost 2 in a row to the 12th Lakers and 7th Suns.

I think the team lacks some charisma that draws fans. I like the team but they aren’t close to my top group. Basketball for us has been a solid sport for a few years now so people expect us to win ever game and if we don’t it’s a disappointment.

Maybe. Although I think ZZ has tons of charisma, but Santi and JJJ are pretty low energy on the court compared to Admiral. Phillips is also pretty subdued compared to what Kennedy was last year, still I think if this team wins the SEC title (regular and/or tournament) and has a deep run in March people will change their tune.

I just hope ZZ and Phillips continue to get better. We've already seen JJJ, Santi, and Uros missing time with injuries and the team doesn't look very good when Santi or JJJ aren't in the lineup.
We were fine w/o JJJ. Not without Santi. J Mashak filled in very nicely for JJJ when he was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back