Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I had a coworker that did it this way. Said it kept the cereal from getting soggy. Started a discussion in the breakroom and there were several milk first folks. Who knew they were amongst us? How do you know if you have the milk: cereal ratio right?
Exactly!

Sometimes Wes makes solid tweets or comments and then other times he does this.

There have been 3 home games in SEC play, 7:00pm on a Tuesday night against Mississippi State not a rival and they have a first year HC still had over 16.5k in attendance. Second home game was a 9pm game on a Tuesday night against little brother Candy and even then there was over 16k tickets sold. First real good matchup at TBA was a noon game against Kentucky (which sold out) and the team laid an egg.

There are just 7 home games and 3 of them are already sold out. 2 of the 4 are Saturday games one is Missouri the weekend before Valentine's Day and the other is against 8-11 (1-5) South Carolina who they beat by 43 in South Carolina.

I mean why's he going after the fan base?

There have been 3 home games in SEC play, 7:00pm on a Tuesday night against Mississippi State not a rival and they have a first year HC still had over 16.5k in attendance. Second home game was a 9pm game on a Tuesday night against little brother Candy and even then there was over 16k tickets sold. First real good matchup at TBA was a noon game against Kentucky (which sold out) and the team laid an egg.

There are just 7 home games and 3 of them are already sold out. 2 of the 4 are Saturday games one is Missouri the weekend before Valentine's Day and the other is against 8-11 (1-5) South Carolina who they beat by 43 in South Carolina.

😂Maybe he’s talking about response to his Tweets.

I’m not on social media, but the vibe I got from that tweet wasn’t necessarily about attendance.

As with most fan bases, we have some that don’t understand that basketball teams lose. There are others who are rarely happy and will never believe in Barnes.

I was at a function here in mid. tn Sat. night and spent a good bit of time talking with a fellow Vol fan I've known for 30+ yrs. He also happens to be someone I would classify as pretty big donor. He told me prior to Nico stepping foot on campus that Julian was getting more nil $ than any other athlete on campus. I have no reason to doubt him but I was startled when he told me that.

Here's the thing with the basketVOLs... this team is better than any team Grant/Admiral was on while they were here, BUT it's only January 23rd so at this point they haven't accomplished anything.

Grant/Admiral's best season they went 31-6. Top 10 team all year, held the #1 spot for 4 weeks. Didn't win anything though, no regular season title or share, no SECT title, and lost in the Sweet 16. The year before they went 26-9 and did win the SEC Regular season title, lost the SECT in the championship game to Kentucky and then got bounced in the 2nd round by Loyola.

So if Santi, JJJ, Uros, and ON want to really leave behind a legacy this year's team needs to do more than just have a great regular season. A 2nd SECT title would be huge, but more than that making the Elite Eight (or further) I think would make it a pretty undeniable statement.

Here's the thing with the basketVOLs... this team is better than any team Grant/Admiral was on while they were here, BUT it's only January 23rd so at this point they haven't accomplished anything.

Grant/Admiral's best season they went 31-6. Top 10 team all year, held the #1 spot for 4 weeks. Didn't win anything though, no regular season title or share, no SECT title, and lost in the Sweet 16. The year before they went 26-9 and did win the SEC Regular season title, lost the SECT in the championship game to Kentucky and then got bounced in the 2nd round by Loyola.

So if Santi, JJJ, Uros, and ON want to really leave behind a legacy this year's team needs to do more than just have a great regular season. A 2nd SECT title would be huge, but more than that making the Elite Eight (or further) I think would make it a pretty undeniable statement.
3A6D692D-BB2D-4889-8D92-A49DF381D776.gif

Right, there's a long way to go.

It's all about peaking and we have close to 2 months to do so.

I'll also be interested to see just how well we can do vs Bama. That is one dang good team. Will we bothered by a lengthy, talented, rangey team again like UK or whip them like KU?

Right, there's a long way to go.

It's all about peaking and we have close to 2 months to do so.

I'll also be interested to see just how well we can do vs Bama. That is one dang good team. Will we bothered by a lengthy, talented, rangey team again like UK or whip them like KU?

I just hope ZZ and Phillips continue to get better. We've already seen JJJ, Santi, and Uros missing time with injuries and the team doesn't look very good when Santi or JJJ aren't in the lineup.

What was the context of that tweet? It’s deleted now
Apparently Beamer was butthurt over a local sports talk show in upstate Carolina saying he had to settle for the OC he hired. So much so that he went out of his way to insult them on Twitter. They responded in kind by asking him to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back