Improvements you'd like to see to Neyland

For safety reason, more space is need beyond the end zones to protect football players from crashing into the walls. A simple paging from the top of the wall is insufficient to prevent head, shoulder, hip, leg, and foot injuries.

Since the idea was proposed on this thread to create a gondola or bridge to the other side of the river for parking and tailgating I thought I would share this: Pedestrian Bridge

Here is a picture of the proposed pedestrian bridge in case you are afraid to click the link:

utpedbridge.jpg

BRIDGE-crossing-bridge.png

The University has applied to the Biden-Harris RAISE Discretionary Grant Program, dedicated to local and regional transportation projects, to pay for this. They will know by Feb 28th if it is approved. Here is hoping.
The combination of a surging enrollment, limited on campus housing, the current footprint of campus being pretty much built out and land locked, they hope to move a lot of the residential/dorm space to that side of the river so the university can continue to grow

I would like for the university buy land across the river and build a new Neyland and TBA as part of a premier sports complex. Being land loved by the river is a handicap. NEITHER existing facilities have the adequate space to become world class on the existing locations. Dickey, Woodruff, and Andy Holt used facilities to give UT an advantage for years. Since then we are falling behind.

Better cell phone signal boosters. It is awful, its not a wifi issue. I wouldn't connect to the public wifi there anyway with my phone. Too much data can be acquired that way with 100k people I know some are prob farming data looking for socials and other stuff.

Please don't trust large public wifi.

Like a paid kiosk in hallways thats about 7 feet tall but its a screen that has the action photo of every letterman that has ever played at UT so if you come and pay say 2-5$ it brings up that full body size photo to take a picture with. That money can be used for whatever going to those letterman or their families or NIL or more stadium improvements.

Cell service…and before someone says “when you get 100k in a small space”, I’ve been to many Titans games and have zero problems. Also, if you want a beer, you will miss a quarter of action standing in line. Other than that I have no complaints and think the improvements made over the last few years have been great.

I have AT&T First Net and I got perfect signal this year in Neyland. Of course First Net is designed for First responders, etc. so that probably helps. It was the first time I went to a game.and actually had service.

Fans that aren’t 400 pounds. Everyone can fit on bleachers if they’re not obese. If you want chairbacks and take away from the environment then stay home and watch on TV

The beer prices are ridiculous but are likely a preventative measure as much as a money grab.

And why not smaller offerings? Your beer is nasty a.. hot by the time you get 2/3 through it.
Probably since you can only get two per person and not everyone makes beer runs together since you have to go to separate lines for beer and food. Allows you to drink more. I’d suggest drinking faster.

Probably since you can only get two per person and not everyone makes beer runs together since you have to go to separate lines for beer and food. Allows you to drink more. I’d suggest drinking faster.

Guzzling crappy overpirced beer would not enhance the experience. At least not for me at this time.
Now during the Pruitt years....

Fans that aren’t 400 pounds. Everyone can fit on bleachers if they’re not obese. If you want chairbacks and take away from the environment then stay home and watch on TV

I miss pre-game shopping at the Market Square. Filling up our giant ice chest with Tennessee grown veggies, bags of other merchandise, and being first in line to enter Pete's for breakfast. Most of all, I miss being at Neyland, which is how and why my Shirley got addicted to Volism.

But after one too many experiences with bipedal whales squeezing us out of our paid for seats, and smirking about it, I stay home. Sadly, it seems we've grown more and more comfortable viewing games on our 65" TV from the comfort of our recliners, home cooked meals/snacks, local or special order beers. And when weather allows, projecting the game on our 7' X 7' retractable screed outdoors. With the grill sending smokey scents from whatever we're cooking on it, attracting neighbors to the games, and what I guess is home tailgating, even those who aren't Vols fans. I fear, more and more people will end up taking your advice to stay home.

I miss pre-game shopping at the Market Square. Filling up our giant ice chest with Tennessee grown veggies, bags of other merchandise, and being first in line to enter Pete's for breakfast. Most of all, I miss being at Neyland, which is how and why my Shirley got addicted to Volism.

But after one too many experiences with bipedal whales squeezing us out of our paid for seats, and smirking about it, I stay home. Sadly, it seems we've grown more and more comfortable viewing games on our 65" TV from the comfort of our recliners, home cooked meals/snacks, local or special order beers. And when weather allows, projecting the game on our 7' X 7' retractable screed outdoors. With the grill sending smokey scents from whatever we're cooking on it, attracting neighbors to the games, and what I guess is home tailgating, even those who aren't Vols fans. I fear, more and more people will end up taking your advice to stay home.
There is a way to make sure you get your 15", get the seat backs

We agree, except I grow my own. Veggied

We agree, except I grow my own. Veggied

That's good. So do I. But when I attended games, we made it a point to shop at the veg booths. After all, we had to drive three hours to get to Knoxville. And being all-Vols, we took pride in buying Tennessee grown, and other marketed items while in Tennessee. Eh?

Reactions: krichunaka
Fans clean up more after themselves. Throw your unfinished beer away instead of just leaving it there for someone else to deal with for you.

The bleachers are uncomfortable but I feel like I sometimes have more space sitting in those than the bucket seats at TBA. When the seats are full at TBA and you're not sitting next to a small person it's still pretty uncomfortable.

VN Store

Back