Improvements you'd like to see to Neyland

It isn’t an “inside scoop”, it’s literally old news. We are in reality under 100k fans. And what claim has been disproven?
Also, losing seats doesn’t mean lesser or bad environment. Georgia claims to hold 92 thousand, probably 80 something thousand in reality. They sure don’t seem to have a lesser or quiet environment. Arrowhead stadium is wide regarded as one of the loudest stadiums in football, capacity is 76 thousand. Neyland would still be plenty loud and rowdy, it would just be a much more enjoyable experience as well.
Our stadium wasn't built the same way as Arrowhead or Seattle's stadium. Arrowhead broke the record by everyone yelling at the same time. It wasn't during a game. Taking away seats also makes tickets harder to come by, which jacks up prices more than they already are for the average person. If UGA is claiming 92k, and LSU is claiming 102k, and Bama is claiming 101k, UT is 101k because that's what they announced it as. I'm not going off of numbers pulled out of thin air.

Reactions: VolNash17
Our stadium wasn't built the same way as Arrowhead or Seattle's stadium. Arrowhead broke the record by everyone yelling at the same time. It wasn't during a game. Taking away seats also makes tickets harder to come by, which jacks up prices more than they already are for the average person. If UGA is claiming 92k, and LSU is claiming 102k, and Bama is claiming 101k, UT is 101k because that's what they announced it as. I'm not going off of numbers pulled out of thin air.

The numbers aren’t “pulled out of thin air”. I believe it was fulmer who said neyland was at 90 something thousand when he was a.d., and we’ve since removed more seats during the latest renovations. Keep living in fantasy land and beat your chest over pretending neyland holds over 100k if that’s what gets you through the day I guess

The numbers aren’t “pulled out of thin air”. I believe it was fulmer who said neyland was at 90 something thousand when he was a.d., and we’ve since removed more seats during the latest renovations. Keep living in fantasy land and beat your chest over pretending neyland holds over 100k if that’s what gets you through the day I guess
Well hell, I guess if it's at 98k we might as well make it 80k. Same thing right? Wouldn't want you to be the slightest bit uncomfortable at a football game.

Reactions: Walkman
Well hell, I guess if it's at 98k we might as well make it 80k. Same thing right? Wouldn't want you to be the slightest bit uncomfortable at a football game.

Yeah, hopefully that’s the direction we move. Improve the experience. I like everything else they’ve done so far, so now if they modernize and update the bathrooms and concession areas, fix the leaky/rusty/falling apart areas, maybe the Wi-Fi and sound it would be great. Maybe they won’t remove anymore bleaches though, wouldn’t want to take your sense of bragging rights over the pretend 100k number. Cry more

Yeah, hopefully that’s the direction we move. Improve the experience. I like everything else they’ve done so far, so now if they modernize and update the bathrooms and concession areas, fix the leaky/rusty/falling apart areas, maybe the Wi-Fi and sound it would be great. Maybe they won’t remove anymore bleaches though, wouldn’t want to take your sense of bragging rights over the pretend 100k number. Cry more
The irony of you saying you want to improve the experience while taking away from the experience and telling me to cry more when you're crying about a seat days it all. You want them to cater the experience to what YOU would like. Enjoy your hypocrisy and entitlement.

The irony of you saying you want to improve the experience while taking away from the experience and telling me to cry more when you're crying about a seat days it all. You want them to cater the experience to what YOU would like. Enjoy your hypocrisy and entitlement.

The entire thread is based around people giving their ideas and opinions on what would improve neyland, but in your tiny little brain when someone gives their opinion it’s “wanting to be catered to and entitlement.” Must be tough going through life for you 😂

The entire thread is based around people giving their ideas and opinions on what would improve neyland, but in your tiny little brain when someone gives their opinion it’s “wanting to be catered to and entitlement.” Must be tough going through life for you 😂
Yeah except you're acting like your opinion is the one that's right and more important and you're basing it off opinionated "facts" to further your claims. You can act like that's not what you were doing if it fits your narrative though.

Yeah except you're acting like your opinion is the one that's right and more important and you're basing it off opinionated "facts" to further your claims. You can act like that's not what you were doing if it fits your narrative though.

Since the idea was proposed on this thread to create a gondola or bridge to the other side of the river for parking and tailgating I thought I would share this: Pedestrian Bridge

Here is a picture of the proposed pedestrian bridge in case you are afraid to click the link:

utpedbridge.jpg

BRIDGE-crossing-bridge.png

The University has applied to the Biden-Harris RAISE Discretionary Grant Program, dedicated to local and regional transportation projects, to pay for this. They will know by Feb 28th if it is approved. Here is hoping.

Not sure it's what you're looking for but I would love to see the peanut/coke/popcorn vendors walking the stands again. I can't be the only one that thinks " Man I'm thirsty/hungry but no way in hades I'm getting in those lines."

What is the reasoning behind getting rid of them?

Reactions: BDP! and EasternVol
What improvements would you like to see come to Neyland in the future?

A few that come to mind:
- seat/section indicators in the stadium (too many people have trouble finding their seat or end up in the wrong section once inside)
- bathroom improvements
- sound system
I’d like a standing section ( basically a student section for people that aren’t students)

VN Store

Back