'24 TN CB Kaleb Beasley (Tennessee)

Lot of mess in those Texas experiences tho…it’s why I was an initial doubter. Whole new stage he’s on now. Stakes are higher along with the pressure. My point is there’s nothing that Dabo brought to the table before his big chance that Deion doesn’t at least match…if not totally supersede. Sure, Swinney had more time spent as an assistant at the FBS level (sandwiched around the time spent selling insurance), but 99% of it was spent as a position coach. He had just been elevated to OC games beforehand. Deion’s biggest task at Colorado will be tailoring his ambitions in this NIL age to the ACTUAL RESOURCES available. Promise bigger than you can deliver and you have a Rashada situation when the bill’s due. Like when he tried to skip out on his custom autowork bill back in the day in DFW.

Where does he stand on completing his staff? As easy as he sacrifices players, I don't know if I would want him as my boss. I saw a couple of announcments early but then lost the scent of his staff. Will be interesting to watch his turnover rate with staff. Of course that methodology worked to some extent with CJM. But that was a different day and time.

Reactions: butchna
Let's be real Eddie George had a nice career in the NFL, but he was never as notable as Primetime. Most of these kids grew up watching Deion with the Dirty Birds, 49ers, and the Cowboys. Not to mention his personality is night and day different than Eddie George. Part of the reason I see him struggling in the PAC. It has a snake oil feel about it. We will see.
None of these kids ever saw Deion play, especially with the Falcons, 49ers, or Cowboys. None of them.

Let's be real Eddie George had a nice career in the NFL, but he was never as notable as Primetime. Most of these kids grew up watching Deion with the Dirty Birds, 49ers, and the Cowboys. Not to mention his personality is night and day different than Eddie George. Part of the reason I see him struggling in the PAC. It has a snake oil feel about it. We will see.
Are we recruiting players in their 30's now?

Well, to be fair Deion retired when most of them were barely able to walk. But yes he was a lot more visible than Eddie ever was unless you were a huge OSU/ Titans fan
Eddie has his hands tied in many ways at TSU.........That's all I'll say about that.:(

BTW............Beasley is UT solid!

CB - Ricky Gibson
CB - Jordan Matthews
S - Kaleb Beasley
S - Boo Carter

Would be a nice secondary in the future.

At linebacker you would have Telander, Smith, Carter, and Spillman. Shewww LB seems locked down for the future as well.
What about the big nasties?

Who you got there?

Reactions: bpalmer28
What about the big nasties?

Who you got there?

Hobbs, Bradley, Herring, Weathersby, plus whoever we sign in 24! I will say we do need more 300+ type guys, imo. (Omari Thomas, and Dajon Terry come to mind) Hopefully we snag a couple.

Number 1 want is Kamarion Franklin, but he seems like a Hobbs type player.

Hobbs, Bradley, Herring, Weathersby, plus whoever we sign in 24! I will say we do need more 300+ type guys, imo. (Omari Thomas, and Dajon Terry come to mind) Hopefully we snag a couple.

Also Norman-Lott we just brought in. And you never know who can grow into a 300 lber like Eason

Where does he stand on completing his staff? As easy as he sacrifices players, I don't know if I would want him as my boss. I saw a couple of announcments early but then lost the scent of his staff. Will be interesting to watch his turnover rate with staff. Of course that methodology worked to some extent with CJM. But that was a different day and time.
Think he has most of his on-field staff. Don’t know who’s handling ST’s. We only had a two year window with his Jackson State crew. Didn’t remember turnover. I doubt he utilizes the same reindeer games with adults.

It seems Garner is going athletic DT's over the 300+ kids due to the volume of plays the defense play. Looks like he prefers the 280-290 kids that will be 300 after a few off-seasons. The Elijah Simmons of the world really serves no purpose here with Heups offense.

It seems Garner is going athletic DT's over the 300+ kids due to the volume of plays the defense play. Looks like he prefers the 280-290 kids that will be 300 after a few off-seasons. The Elijah Simmons of the world really serves no purpose here with Heups offense.
Had not thought of that. Seems like a guy like Simmons would be good for like 30 snaps though

Don't forget about that freak kid in Missouri. 3rd ranked player overall.
Reminds of Robert Nkemdichie

Beasley finished the year with 9 INTs, including 7 in the last 6 games, and he averaged 20.7 yards on 16 punt returns.
Said it many times.........he's the best player on the field............filled with studs.

Best DB out of this state since Ramsey. Maybe the best player I've seen personally since Xavier Crawford.

“It was great being back up here trying to recruit some guys that were up here like Ryan (Wingo), Edwin (Spillman), and Boo (Carter),” Beasley said of the visit. “Really just going to the basketball game and chopping it up with Coach Nez’s and Coach Huep’s wife, was great. Just spending time and getting to know their family.”

“It was kind of the message that the 2023 guys gave me,” Beasley said on this. “It is kind of different here. It is not like any other college I have ever been to. Tennessee, and the family atmosphere we have here is ridiculous. I tried to preach to them like it is family first here.”

“Just hitting them up on social media and keeping up with them,” Beasley said on how he will continue to work on these guys. “Making sure to get back down here for the next Junior Day on the 28th, so trying to get as many guys in for that as possible.”
on3

VN Store

Back