'24 TN CB Kaleb Beasley (Tennessee)

Can’t have both imo.
That last part was a joke. I want players that are targeted by the best (not saying Colorado is the best). You may find a few a actual diamonds in the rough, but if you're getting a bunch of guys because nobody else wants them, that's not good. Most guys interested in Deion right now are not likely to fit the culture we've built here. He will be taking a lot of talented teaME types early on.

You keep him or go get one if he leaves. Have to be ready for all scenarios. They lost Smith and it was fine because they are constantly recruiting. I do not worry about this staff like the last few. They are relentless
Smith was a safety and quantity doesn’t necessarily equal quality. Would rather have a couple high talent players than a bunch of replacement guys. If we want to take the next step the talent level has to increase especially in the secondary. Just getting a guy below him on the board isn’t just “fine” unless you’re fine with the staff being content with where we are currently

Reactions: LittleVol
Swag and confidence are contagious…pending results. If he starts winning there, he’ll be dangerous. He surprised me with his Jackson State success. Seems he trusts his coaches and doesn’t micromanage past his skillset. Now how he handles P5 PRESSURE will be the final judge.

Winning at Jackson State with a few D1 power 5 players is much different than winning at Colorado. He is a lot of hype but we've seen it time and time again most of these coaches aren't Saban, nor are they at a program like Ohio State. Even a few players better than everyone else you're facing don't guarantee success. After all, he lost to NC Central.

Winning at Jackson State with a few D1 power 5 players is much different than winning at Colorado. He is a lot of hype but we've seen it time and time again most of these coaches aren't Saban, nor are they at a program like Ohio State. Even a few players better than everyone else you're facing don't guarantee success. After all, he lost to NC Central.
Hence the “pending results” part of my post. From his recent history I was surprised he stayed focused at Jackson State. Lot more at stake with the move up.

Smith was a safety and quantity doesn’t necessarily equal quality. Would rather have a couple high talent players than a bunch of replacement guys. If we want to take the next step the talent level has to increase especially in the secondary. Just getting a guy below him on the board isn’t just “fine” unless you’re fine with the staff being content with where we are currently
True. With that said, John Slaughter was the better player IMO, and we still have some talented young guys at safety

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He is Kiffin V2.0 + Dabo.

All talk. This staff went about things the right way. Relationships built the base layer. We are starting something special, with the '23 class. Get on or gtho.
Deion has a big ego, but he doesn't let it interfere with his assistants. He's going to be able to recruit and have the best talent in Colorado since their national championship days. I don't know that he can manage a locker room full of 4 and 5 star egos. That's the trick that Saban and Kirby have pulled off. He also doesn't have a staff full of proven coaches at this level, and he's not an X's and O's guy.

So our class is now just replacement guys. When you start actually feeding the program with substantial money then get back with me. No one is content and that’s the point. We can still replace him with quality or do you not have faith in these guys.

So our class is now just replacement guys. When you start actually feeding the program with substantial money then get back with me. No one is content and that’s the point. We can still replace him with quality or do you not have faith in these guys.
Not what I was saying. Sure we had safety talent this year with Slaughter so that minimizes the loss of Smith to an extent but losing the top corner on your board isn't just replaceable. The op was saying we would be the same and just fine with a worse corner if KB leaves which is not true. Players with the talent level that Kaleb provides at a major position of need for us aren't just replaceable assets. Just bc I'm not a big donor doesn't mean I can't have an opinion lmao. If you don't think someone who isn't a "substantial" donor to the program can't have an opinion about the program, then idk what you're doing here haha

Not what I was saying. Sure we had safety talent this year with Slaughter so that minimizes the loss of Smith to an extent but losing the top corner on your board isn't just replaceable. The op was saying we would be the same and just fine with a worse corner if KB leaves which is not true. Players with the talent level that Kaleb provides at a major position of need for us aren't just replaceable assets. Just bc I'm not a big donor doesn't mean I can't have an opinion lmao. If you don't think someone who isn't a "substantial" donor to the program can't have an opinion about the program, then idk what you're doing here haha

Not saying that you have to be a big donor to have an opinion but I got you confused with the other poster who was saying BS to me. Sorry about that. All I am saying is recruit another guy whose just as talented if he bails. Guys flip all the time. Be prepared and I think these guys are. They knew what was happening with Smith before the last minute and I believe this is on their radar as well.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Deion has a big ego, but he doesn't let it interfere with his assistants. He's going to be able to recruit and have the best talent in Colorado since their national championship days. I don't know that he can manage a locker room full of 4 and 5 star egos. That's the trick that Saban and Kirby have pulled off. He also doesn't have a staff full of proven coaches at this level, and he's not an X's and O's guy.
color me skeptical.

Reactions: KptVFL
Are you referring to the Colorado teams that recruited LA gang members. I believe their head coach turned to the ministry to get all that stink off him. Those were some tough dudes that had no regard for NCAA regulations and if I remember correctly, rapes were a common thing with some of their players. The one thing that I remember most was their QB wearing a full length fur coat on the sidelines :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: Vol since 77
Are you referring to the Colorado teams that recruited LA gang members. I believe their head coach turned to the ministry to get all that stink off him. Those were some tough dudes that had no regard for NCAA regulations and if I remember correctly, rapes were a common thing with some of their players. The one thing that I remember most was their QB wearing a full length fur coat on the sidelines :cool::cool::cool:
I was in high school during that time, so I just remember watching Kordell Stewart and Eric Bieniemy(sp). No social media back then, so I was not aware of the off field stuff.

I was in high school during that time, so I just remember watching Kordell Stewart and Eric Bieniemy(sp). No social media back then, so I was not aware of the off field stuff.
Mccartney’s (the coach) daughter ((white) had a baby by the QB Sal Annessi (sp) (non caucasian) and the whole town went a little wacko more than Boulder is at times. Brought in a bunch of Cali kids and a lot of stuff behind the scenes. Plus, he was a big bible pusher made it even worse with the situation. Bunch of stuff transpired that kind of went unseen.

Mccartney’s (the coach) daughter ((white) had a baby by the QB Sal Annessi (sp) (non caucasian) and the whole town went a little wacko more than Boulder is at times. Brought in a bunch of Cali kids and a lot of stuff behind the scenes. Plus, he was a big bible pusher made it even worse with the situation. Bunch of stuff transpired that kind of went unseen.
Gotcha. Managing hormonal young adults is tricky in any situation.

Gotcha. Managing hormonal young adults is tricky in any situation.
yes indeed there was also was an espn thing about it but like I say there was a whole buch of back door untold information going on. That was just something that could not be hid with a child involved.

Reactions: bigl3327
I remember that, Sal died while at Colorado. Their child went on to play at LSU.

I remember that, Sal died while at Colorado. Their child went on to play at LSU.
correct I think it was LSU How they knew Sal was sick was when he got tackled his bruises/scrapes etc. would never heal he had some form of cancer and said he was a hemophiliac I think. My dads girlfriends daughter was a real good friend of him and the mom. Filled me in on a lot of things about the team behind the scenes. I was not in scholl then there was just workingin Boulder.

VN Store

Back