'24 TN CB Kaleb Beasley (Tennessee)

The fact that Deion is after this kid means its a must get for us.
When did what Deion does determine what is necessary for Tennessee? The ones we need are the ones that are willing to come in and work hard under our coaches to be the best they can be in order to make Tennessee build a championship team. The ones interested in being a part of Deion’s image will probably not be willing to do that.

When did what Deion does determine what is necessary for Tennessee? The ones we need are the ones that are willing to come in and work hard under our coaches to be the best they can be in order to make Tennessee build a championship team. The ones interested in being a part of Deion’s image will probably not be willing to do that.

Deion's past experience with DBs and playing the position at the highest levels leads me to believe he knows what to look for in a DB.

Nothing more than that.

I didn't put much into the image or anything else. I was looking at a pure raw talent perspective.

Agreed. Not many people know the position better than him, and next class he will be able to target good talent and recruit rather than just take chances on people who will come play for him.

I hope he parlays this interest into a higher star ranking but he determines he is a better cultural fit at UT. There will be a contrast to be studied. Ruthless as a player is good. As your HC not so much.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Nashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb Academy four-star cornerback Kaleb Beasley has been committed to Tennessee since October 21. And he has been on a recruiting mission for the Vols’ 2024 class since that commitment. Beasley’s top two targets his Lipscomb Academy teammate, four-star linebacker Edwin Spillman, and Chattanooga (Tenn.) Brainerd four-star safety Boo Carter. “I’m completely locked in on Boo and Edwin,” Beasley said. “It’s taking some time to get both of them to commit, but I know I can get them both eventually.”
While Carter plays both sides of the football, Beasley said that he’s focused in on trying to recruit him more as a safety so that all three can be on the field together if Spillman and Carter both end up committing to the Vols. Beasley’s also had some assistance in his recruitment of Spillman as Edwin’s older brother Nate, a three-star wide receiver, who recently signed with Tennessee. “I think Edwin’s just taking his time but I’ll get him here,” Beasley said. “Getting both him and Boo to commit alongside me would be huge for what we’re building in Knoxville. It’s at the top of priority list for sure.”
-On3

Deion's past experience with DBs and playing the position at the highest levels leads me to believe he knows what to look for in a DB.

Nothing more than that.

I didn't put much into the image or anything else. I was looking at a pure raw talent perspective.

I don't think Deion can evaluate talent at all, he just offers every 4 and 5 star athlete he can.

It remains to be seen if he can even coach at all. He just out talented everyone at Jackson St.

I don't think Deion can evaluate talent at all, he just offers every 4 and 5 star athlete he can.

It remains to be seen if he can even coach at all. He just out talented everyone at Jackson St.
Worked for Butch Jones

I’ll say this as a somewhat doubter of his coaching acumen. He gets his teams pulling in the same direction. That’s more than half the battle and if you add capable assistants, you have the recipe.

Of course.

He's only the most talented CB that ever lived. CB being the most athletic position in football. What would he know about talent???

I...

I’ll say this as a somewhat doubter of his coaching acumen. He gets his teams pulling in the same direction. That’s more than half the battle and if you add capable assistants, you have the recipe.

Exactly.

People think any former NFL player could just build a recipe for success as a HC just at the snap of a finger.

People are seriously underestimating his football knowledge and general intelligence.

He coached before Jackson State too. In Texas HS and was successful there.

He's a different kind of human being, and because of his well-rounded character he is exactly what you want in a HC Type.

Reactions: butchna
Exactly.

People think any former NFL player could just build a recipe for success as a HC just at the snap of a finger.

People are seriously underestimating his football knowledge and general intelligence.

He coached before Jackson State too. In Texas HS and was successful there.

He's a different kind of human being, and because of his well-rounded character he is exactly what you want in a HC Type.
Lot of mess in those Texas experiences tho…it’s why I was an initial doubter. Whole new stage he’s on now. Stakes are higher along with the pressure. My point is there’s nothing that Dabo brought to the table before his big chance that Deion doesn’t at least match…if not totally supersede. Sure, Swinney had more time spent as an assistant at the FBS level (sandwiched around the time spent selling insurance), but 99% of it was spent as a position coach. He had just been elevated to OC games beforehand. Deion’s biggest task at Colorado will be tailoring his ambitions in this NIL age to the ACTUAL RESOURCES available. Promise bigger than you can deliver and you have a Rashada situation when the bill’s due. Like when he tried to skip out on his custom autowork bill back in the day in DFW.

Funny how Eddie George never thought to parlay his fame the same way.
Let's be real Eddie George had a nice career in the NFL, but he was never as notable as Primetime. Most of these kids grew up watching Deion with the Dirty Birds, 49ers, and the Cowboys. Not to mention his personality is night and day different than Eddie George. Part of the reason I see him struggling in the PAC. It has a snake oil feel about it. We will see.

Let's be real Eddie George had a nice career in the NFL, but he was never as notable as Primetime. Most of these kids grew up watching Deion with the Dirty Birds, 49ers, and the Cowboys. Not to mention his personality is night and day different than Eddie George. Part of the reason I see him struggling in the PAC. It has a snake oil feel about it. We will see.
Well, to be fair Deion retired when most of them were barely able to walk. But yes he was a lot more visible than Eddie ever was unless you were a huge OSU/ Titans fan

VN Store

Back