'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

He may have been informed or realized he would have a difficult time getting admitted into Stanford due to academic requirements and did not want to chance it. Smart kid but the process can be strenuous.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Berkeley wouldn’t be a bad place to live if you’re getting your housing paid for. Good luck to him.
It’s a great school but a terrible place to live. My son goes there. Tons of homeless walking around outside campus and on campus, even sleeping on benches on campus. Lots of crime in town around campus and the political views and events are annoying and mostly anti Christian and definitely anti Republican

I would think Cal is pretty tough to get into also.

Cal is a phenomenal school but it still trails Stanford in correlation to difficulty of admission. Stanford has an acceptance rate around 3% whereas Cal around 12-14%.

Cal also has the ability to bend the standards for athletes more so than Stanford. Again, Cal is a top school well above the thresholds most people would be considered for.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
He may have been informed or realized he would have a difficult time getting admitted into Stanford due to academic requirements and did not want to chance it. Smart kid but the process can be strenuous.
this just isn’t accurate. If he had a respectable ACT score that matched up to his high hs gpa, and he had an excellent gpa from his one year at UT, and the football coach wanted him on scholarship then it would be no problem getting him in. Must meet those 3 “ifs” or it would be hard to transfer in.

Cal is a phenomenal school but it still trails Stanford in correlation to difficulty of admission. Stanford has an acceptance rate around 3% whereas Cal around 12-14%.

Cal also has the ability to bend the standards for athletes more so than Stanford. Again, Cal is a top school well above the thresholds most people would be considered for.
Cal is a state school whereas Stanford is private. Explain how Cal has more admissions flexibility than Stanford? Do you really think all those players at Stanford were national merit scholars when they were finishing top 10? Stanford let’s in whoever they decide - same with Harvard and the other Ivy League schools

this just isn’t accurate. If he had a respectable ACT score that matched up to his high hs gpa, and he had an excellent gpa from his one year at UT, and the football coach wanted him on scholarship then it would be no problem getting him in. Must meet those 3 “ifs” or it would be hard to transfer in.

Since you have first hand knowledge of the situation please enlighten us or reread my post. I said “may” have had issues or something arise.

Anyone that has an elementary level understanding of recruiting knows Stanford offer is dependent on admission to school.

Since you have first hand knowledge of the situation please enlighten us or reread my post. I said “may” have had issues or something arise.

Anyone that has an elementary level understanding of recruiting knows Stanford offer is dependent on admission to school.
The admission of recruited athletes to Stanford, the Ivy’s and service academies is misunderstood by the masses - elementary and higher

Last edited:

You guys are talking about normal students not athletes. They don’t admit it but the standards are different for athletes.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back