Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobbs has yet to be given a chance. At least let him look bad on the field if you want to say he's trash. All you can say right now is no staff has thought he was good enough to play. Which is a fair point. But just remember nobody thought he was good enough to play at Tennessee either until all the QBs ahead of him got hurt forcing him on the field. And as they say, the rest is history.

Dobbs has simply not been lucky in the NFL to get playing time due to injury. We'll see if he finally gets luck on his side with the Titans.

I have no interest in calling anything about Dobbs "trash". At issue here is the unfortunate lack of any correlation whatsoever with how high you've set your own bar (the floor basically Mahomes or failure) and what we've seen. We're 5 years and 6 teams (2 stints with Steelers) beyond those heady days of you predicting accomplishments that would seemingly be better suited for Steve Rogers post super-serum. That's a LOT of opportunity for someone THAT special to be barely holding onto a roster spot behind some pretty nondescript competition.

Make no mistake I (and honestly most any Vol) will be happy for whatever success Josh has, football or otherwise. He's just a great dude. Hell, now that he's back in TN as a Titan how awesome would it be for him to break out now? I couldn't possibly be wanting more success for Josh at this point. None of this good will changes the stark, cold reality of the above however.

Reactions: wmcovol
We definitely need another TE. Even if Warren comes back, both Castles and Warren would be gone next year, which would leave 1 returning TE (Davis). We need another guy with some eligibility left.
The way this transfer thing is working you probably can’t worry about anything but the upcoming season anymore.

If we screw up next year and win 7 or less games then they will call us a fraud more so than losing the OB. This bowl game and practices will help us more to prevent that than Hyatt not playing.
Oh, please don’t get him started on the number of games we’re going to win next year.

I want to give a huge shout out to @VolsDoc81TX
When I mentioned my girlfriend was having back trouble and got a really bad MRI report, he reached out privately and we discussed what was going on and how it was affecting her marathon goals.
He provided some resources, recommended treatment options and most all calming reassurance that the results were not as bad her doc initially hinted at.
She has been following many of the exercises VolsDoc recommended along with being diligent in her PT and has let the Tokyo Marathon deferral period pass, meaning she is feeling good enough to press forward towards the challenge.

Can't thank you enough. She was getting some bad advice and your advice changed the course and the mindset.
Wow! He really has that volunteer spirit!!! What a man!

I can guarantee that he would rarely be in the locker room, or the film room, or the meeting room.... just his dorm room. Apparently, dude suffers from severe depression or something similar. I don't know if anyone has tried to make sure that he gets help, but he's an adult and ultimately it's up to him.
That's like telling an alcoholic or drug addict "it's up to you". While it ultimately is a decision only the individual can make, an early intervention can be and often is a life saver. Trust me when I say that you never want to be feeling "coulda, woulda, shoulda" and the burial of a loved one especially a young man with his entire life in front of him. The guilt will never ever leave you nor the pain of insufferable loss a parent will experience when their child dies.

Hey @Freak and the mods, can we please ban any poster from the recruiting forum that comes in here and starts these random threads, except LWS? Either that or can we please get an ignore thread function back? Thanks in advance!

Yours truly,

VN recruiting forum regulars

Or make a subforum for the FF so all their random "recruiting" threads can get moved there instead of here.

Glitch, I don't think I can hold out checking my notifications much longer. My OCD is killing me!

tenor.gif
You can do it
Screenshot_20221222_111121_Chrome.jpg

QB - Milton
- Reserves: Jackson, Moore, Iamaleava

RB - Small/Wright
- Reserves: Sampson, Keith

WR - Bru/Squirrel/Keyton
- Reserves: Webb, Nimrod, Merrill, Miller,
Leacock, Spillman, Seldon

TE - Castles/Davis

OL - Crawford/Karic/Mays/Spraggins/Mincey
- Reserves: Nichols, Clipper, Reddick, Grant
Sham, Ball, Lane, Lampley, Bussell
Lang, Johnson, Davis

DL - Baron/Thomas/Terry/Harrison
- Reserves: Simmons, Bailey, Eason, Josephs, Pierce, West, Herring, Bradley, Robinson, Duncan, Hobbs, Weathersby

LB - Beasley/Pili
- Reserves: Perry, Herring, Garland, Smith, Telander, Carter

Secondary - Hadden/ Tank/Slaughter/Burrell/Tamarion (Star)
Reserves: Charles, Turnage,Walker, Harrison, Thomas, Williams, Rucker, Turrentine, Matthews, Gibson, Slaughter 2, Luttrell, Conyer

I think I got everyone. If not, please let me know. Anyways, this is about what our roster is for next year. Okay, okay some of y'all were right, we need a TE.

great post, thanks!

LB doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies right now. Pili is a huge and outstanding pickup, much needed, but until our young studs get experience, we really need one more seasoned, smart, LB...

TE- yes one needed... Arik Gilbert would be awesome, but someone said no, that it wouldn't be his decision which I don't understand...

Same goes for WR... we need one more seasoned, aggressive WR...

Secondary... well, ....... we just need talent.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back