Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy "National Short Person Day."

Who needs a hug?:cool:

History of National Short Person Day
Whether a person is considered to be short or tall partially depends on where they come from. For instance, in some places, like the Netherlands, a man who is 5’10” might be considered short where the average is 6 feet tall. On the other hand, in places like Laos and Papua New Guinea, where the average male stands at 5’2”, a person who is 5’10” would be considered very tall! Really, it’s all relative.
In any case, people of less than average height, no matter where in the world they are from, can enjoy National Short Person Day. The day is celebrated annually toward the end of the year to remind people of a shorter stature that they are cared for, appreciated and can be proud of themselves no matter how tall they are!
How to Celebrate National Short Person Day
Enjoy all sorts of fun and celebration on National Short Person Day with some ideas like these:
Celebrate with a Short Person
Whether a person is short or tall, National Short Person Day might be the time to celebrate with a friend who is short. Let them know how much they are respected and thank them for their contribution to the world. If it’s a family member or a close friend, consider giving them a card or even taking them out to lunch to celebrate and show them that they are loved, no matter their height!

My wife is not tall. She is around 5'5". When we were at her grandmother's funeral on Tuesday I looked over and she was talking to some of her female cousins. She looked like a giant towering over them. 😆 I pointed it out to my daughters who are all about their mother's height or just a little taller. Then I went and stood next to my wife. Now I am only 5'11", so I am not overly tall either. My girls said I looked like a giant! 😆 🤣 😂

[QUOTE="Glitch, post: 22234062, member: 56763"

I looked like a giant! 😆 🤣 😂[/QUOTE]

thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

@Glitch
sorry......Had to do it. You put it on a tee.;)

We need dbs that can press man effectively. That seems to our biggest problem in the secondary. You’ve got to be able to mix up coverages to be effective at this level.
We do to be elite, but any of the DBs that will have that talent will be freshman or transfers that aren't in the program yet.

I think it's more realistic that some young talent like Pearce and Josephs provide a better pass rush and the defensive interior lineman improve helping some of these zone coverages we got beat on so much. I don't think Hadden,Turnage, and Burrell have the talent to play press man on top tier WRs in the SEC, but they can still get better and improve this defense.

Reactions: tn4elvis
That's what I keep saying but everyone keeps hammering me saying we need a TE over LB.

I definitely think we need a DB. Hopefully we get that Syracuse guy, would be a nice pickup.
So the LB we picked up yesterday didn’t sate your appetite? IF Warren returns (big if), then we’re in a decent place but IF not, we’re putting a lot on true freshmen and walk-ons to even match last season’s steady production at that position.

We do to be elite, but any of the DBs that will have that talent will be freshman or transfers that aren't in the program yet.

I think it's more realistic that some young talent like Pearce and Josephs provide a better pass rush and the defensive interior lineman improve helping some of these zone coverages we got beat on so much. I don't think Hadden,Turnage, and Burrell have the talent to play press man on top tier WRs in the SEC, but they can still get better and improve this defense.
Good post We need at least one shut down corner that can play press man .

TE over WR. We have good WRs on the roster. Unless our coaches don't like the WRs we have.
I like the WRs too. Bru/Keyton/Squirrell/Walker/Webb/Leacock/ Seldon. Kind of like this year though. We had one or 2 that had shown some stuff but a lot of unproven talent. I’d sure feel better with another WR transfer that’s proven himself. If Bru was a bust we wouldn’t have won 2-3 of our games this year

So the LB we picked up yesterday didn’t sate your appetite? IF Warren returns (big if), then we’re in a decent place but IF not, we’re putting a lot on true freshmen and walk-ons to even match last season’s steady production at that position.

You should look at my previous post.

"The LB was a great pickup"

move along

Reactions: yourstruly23
I agree...I just didn't want to get in an argument about if he was really "the best" or not. If SW goes off for 200 and 3-4...then all this is moot. I don't think he is up to it just yet, and that is not a knock on him...Hyatt wasn't up to it either until this year. He has been uncanny at adjusting speed while running through the secondary.

I hope he does well in the draft and has a good career...I just really feel like he is leaving us in a lurch at an important time....we reallt need the best showing we can muster....all of the CFB world is hoping for a "we told y'all Tennessee was a fraud" moment.

If we screw up next year and win 7 or less games then they will call us a fraud more so than losing the OB. This bowl game and practices will help us more to prevent that than Hyatt not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back