Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to give a huge shout out to @VolsDoc81TX
When I mentioned my girlfriend was having back trouble and got a really bad MRI report, he reached out privately and we discussed what was going on and how it was affecting her marathon goals.
He provided some resources, recommended treatment options and most all calming reassurance that the results were not as bad her doc initially hinted at.
She has been following many of the exercises VolsDoc recommended along with being diligent in her PT and has let the Tokyo Marathon deferral period pass, meaning she is feeling good enough to press forward towards the challenge.

Can't thank you enough. She was getting some bad advice and your advice changed the course and the mindset.

The way it generally works is what we think we need is not what the coaches think we need.
It will always be that way…. We make judgements off such limited…. We don’t know who is ready to step up or not bc we aren’t at any of the practices…. We don’t even know who was playing bad or good in the secondary bc we don’t know who was truly out of position…. It definitely makes me laugh when everyone feels like each position needs to be an experienced veteran…. Georgia has three linebackers that had similar production to Elijah Herring before starting uis season. They also start a true freshman safety who is backed up by another freshman.

Just look at our QBs during our really good years…. Shular attempted 4 passes before starting as a sophomore…. Peyton Manning ended up starting as a freshman after an injury…. Tee Martin attempted 12 passes the year before starting…. Casey Clausen started as a freshman… Eric Ainge Split time starting as a freshman….. I have no doubt if needed that Nico can follow in those foot steps.

Last edited:
Getting a top 10 class was a pretty big step in the right direction. These are the classes we’ll need to stack to legitimately compete for championships over a span of time with little drop off. Plus the negative recruiting from the NCAA mess. Hopefully that’s over for 24’ class. 24’ will probably be even better than this year’s haul

I like the WRs too. Bru/Keyton/Squirrell/Walker/Webb/Leacock/ Seldon. Kind of like this year though. We had one or 2 that had shown some stuff but a lot of unproven talent. I’d sure feel better with another WR transfer that’s proven himself. If Bru was a bust we wouldn’t have won 2-3 of our games this year
I wouldn’t think they would go after a WR unless they find a really talented one with lots of experience. Or if some transfer. But I have been wrong before.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back