Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe when he has more faith in his guys he won't be married to playing the softest zone known to man.

It felt to me that whenever he let his guys be aggressive we did demonstrably better.

Hey we did improve on defense this year in pretty much every way. Even the secondary, even though it was very marginal.

Worst case scenario we don't add corner help from the portal, but we at least still get a ton of guys back. Would be unrealistic to think none of our secondary players will get any better.

Also, can't forget the entire secondary was out injured for spring practice last year.

Hopefully they get all the development possible going into next year.
This is one reason why I'm starting to now worry about them like I used to (as far as catching them). There is obviously starting to be developmental issues there because all they do year in, year out is stack classes. Coaching schematics and development will trump just recruiting.

Oh, please don’t get him started on the number of games we’re going to win next year.
Who knows 🤷‍♂️ IMO it 100% depends on Joe playing great and the OL solidifying .

I can see 6-7 wins if he plays consistently crappy like he has before, or a similar year to this one if the OL gels and Heupel is finally able to unlock and unleash all the potential in that prodigious Heisman-NFL natural ability that Joe has.

Last edited:
This is one reason why I'm starting to now worry about them like I used to (as far as catching them). There is obviously starting to be developmental issues there because all they do year in, year out is stack classes. Coaching schematics and development will trump just recruiting.
Yeah we should at least be respectable

If we aren't much better last year I think most will start to point to the coaches.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️ IMO it 100% depends on Joe playing great, and the OL solidifying .

I can see 6-7 wins if he plays consistently crappy like he has before, or a similar year to this one if the OL gels and Heupel is finally able to unlock and unleash all the potential in that prodigious Heisman-NFL natural ability that Joe has.
There is not a path to us only winning 6 or 7 games lol

Who knows 🤷‍♂️ IMO it 100% depends on Joe playing great, and the OL solidifying .

There's one more thing that worries me about Bazooka Joe. I can't imagine him reading defenses and making the right decision like HH seemed to do, almost every play. I think there will be a drop-off for sure, hopefully it's just to 9 wins instead of 10.

He’s not wrong, but he wasn’t saying this last year when A&M dropped money bags all over the place. I get that wasn’t transfers and was high school recruiting, but a lot of his issues with his players getting tampered with and the portal this year is because he bought players that only wanted money and then went 5-7 with them. Of course they are already looking for the next bag. Ruiz and Cristobal at Miami are about to learn the same thing next year or year after, IMO.

Dobbs has yet to be given a chance. At least let him look bad on the field if you want to say he's trash. All you can say right now is no staff has thought he was good enough to play. Which is a fair point. But just remember nobody thought he was good enough to play at Tennessee either until all the QBs ahead of him got hurt forcing him on the field. And as they say, the rest is history.

Dobbs has simply not been lucky in the NFL to get playing time due to injury. We'll see if he finally gets luck on his side with the Titans.
You've got to be kidding me. Dobbs has had more than enough time, he has been on multiple teams, and he has played in the preseason. Dobbs' problem isn't that he hasn't been given a chance. Dobb's problem is that he isn't good enough to earn a spot on the field in a real game.

Last edited:
Reactions: peaygolf
Dobbs has yet to be given a chance. At least let him look bad on the field if you want to say he's trash. All you can say right now is no staff has thought he was good enough to play. Which is a fair point. But just remember nobody thought he was good enough to play at Tennessee either until all the QBs ahead of him got hurt forcing him on the field. And as they say, the rest is history.

Dobbs has simply not been lucky in the NFL to get playing time due to injury. We'll see if he finally gets luck on his side with the Titans.

Obviously, DBH has more football knowledge than any NFL coaching staff.
Luck has zero to do with it.

Don't be silly!

Those days are done!
If I had a dollar for everytime I had that thought or heard it said someplace else id be a wealthy man.Im not tryin to be an a-hole it's just the simple truth.Also adding Texas and Okalahoma doesn't make anything any easier,buy luckily they will redo the current playoff format which will allow alot more parity.I mean having 12 spots compared to 4 is a huge win for teams like Tn who seems to be rite on that fringe.

In the end I hope like hell Milton proves us all wrong but I just feel personally he doesn't have it between the ears.Ive stated i don't have any faith down 3 with 8 secs left Milton could replicate any drive similar to what Hooker did this year unfortunately.Best case scenario they know what Milton does best and build the O to specifically match his skills the best they can.All in all u can only do so much and no one really will know until the lights come on and rhey hit thar field together.Until that time comes fans and coaches alike have there fingers cross...

This board does need to step up the gif game. Some need to be outright banned they are so overused.

200w.gif

Watching a little bit of 247 sports coverage of signing day

Wiltfong on Bama-

"This is the kind of class that will get Alabama back to playing football the way they want to"

Oh? Because last years 2nd best class, 2021's no.1 ranked class, 2020's 2nd ranked class etc. Wasn't good enough???

Poor lil ol bammers
The sports beat writing 24/7 cycle gotta pump content scene is so freaking saturated with mindless banter. What nonsense.

He’s not wrong, but he wasn’t saying this last year when A&M dropped money bags all over the place. I get that wasn’t transfers and was high school recruiting, but a lot of his issues with his players getting tampered with and the portal this year is because he bought players that only wanted money and then went 5-7 with them. Of course they are already looking for the next bag. Ruiz and Cristobal at Miami are about to learn the same thing next year or year after, IMO.
The "this is only college football" argument is laughable. College football has been corrupted by money, tampering, and exploitation my entire life. At least it's not hypocritically operating in the dark anymore. Adult young men can now get what their owed in some cases.

If I had a dollar for everytime I had that thought or heard it said someplace else id be a wealthy man.Im not tryin to be an a-hole it's just the simple truth.Also adding Texas and Okalahoma doesn't make anything any easier,buy luckily they will redo the current playoff format which will allow alot more parity.I mean having 12 spots compared to 4 is a huge win for teams like Tn who seems to be rite on that fringe.

In the end I hope like hell Milton proves us all wrong but I just feel personally he doesn't have it between the ears.Ive stated i don't have any faith down 3 with 8 secs left Milton could replicate any drive similar to what Hooker did this year unfortunately.Best case scenario they know what Milton does best and build the O to specifically match his skills the best they can.All in all u can only do so much and no one really will know until the lights come on and rhey hit thar field together.Until that time comes fans and coaches alike have there fingers cross...
It doesn’t matter…. We will just move to Jackson if he is ready or start the Nico era…. Heup always has good qb play.

Last edited:
“I see myself as Tennessee’s starting quarterback,” Milton said on Wednesday with a confident tone. “That’s my title as I am but I am also just a football player that’s trying to lead the team.”

Classic clickbait. The question was "Do you see yourself as the starting Quarterback or as Hendon Hooker's backup?"

So answering a stupid question is now Milton making declarations in "confident tones" lol.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️ IMO it 100% depends on Joe playing great and the OL solidifying .

Too much talent on the roster for 6 or 7 wins.

Actual faucet covers are a money grab. All you need is a good wool sock, a zip lock bag and a zip tie (TWSS) lol. People in the Chattanooga suburbs freaking out and buying everything up as you’d suspect.
The best are the people that put a faucet cover on a freeze proof faucet. They are literally engineered not to freeze as long as you don’t leave a hose hooked up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back