Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke. I cleared my notifications. I can't bring myself to destroy VN.
c0b89495-5eea-4116-9dc5-0119010e3483_text.gif

Not to get everyone going again, but I still can't decide if it's lack of coaching/scheme that made our secondary so horrible this season, or just that all these kids back there couldn't get it done? I know the truth is somewhere in the middle, but looking at all the DB's we have on the roster, I just can't believe we couldn't put 3-4 out there that could consistently get the job done and not give up all those 4th downs and big plays...

Not to get everyone going again, but I still can't decide if it's lack of coaching/scheme that made our secondary so horrible this season, or just that all these kids back there couldn't get it done? I know the truth is somewhere in the middle, but looking at all the DB's we have on the roster, I just can't believe we couldn't put 3-4 out there that could consistently get the job done and not give up all those 4th downs and big plays...
Only time will tell. No need to debate it

Lack of talent and talented depth

It will always be that way…. We make judgements off such limited…. We don’t know who is ready to step up or not bc we aren’t at any of the practices…. We don’t even know who was playing bad or good in the secondary bc we don’t know who was truly out of position…. It definitely makes me laugh when everyone feels like each position needs to be an experienced veteran…. Georgia has three linebackers that had similar production to Elijah Herring before starting uis season. They also start a true freshman safety who is backed up by another freshman.

Just look at our QBs during our really good years…. Shular attempted 4 passes before starting as a sophomore…. Peyton Manning ended up starting as a freshman after an injury…. Tee Martin attempted 12 passes the year before starting…. Cast Clausen started as a freshman… Eric Ainge Split time starting as a freshman….. I have no doubt if needed that Nico can follow in those foot steps.
🎯

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Those DBs can't play. I expect them to be recruited over . Jury is still out on Banks. Hopefully we see some promise next season.

Reactions: volinbama256
Baylor vs Air Force

Who wins?

I haven't seen AF play, but they have a 4 game win streak, but have some questionable losses. Baylor has lost 3 in a row, but they were tougher opponents than what AF has faced.

I was looking into best bets and most seem to be going with AF +4 or an outright win.

I thought Baylor would be a bigger favorite and win easily, am I missing something?

Those DBs can't play. I expect them to be recruited over . Jury is still out on Banks. Hopefully we see some promise next season.
Maybe when he has more faith in his guys he won't be married to playing the softest zone known to man.

It felt to me that whenever he let his guys be aggressive we did demonstrably better.

Hey we did improve on defense this year in pretty much every way. Even the secondary, even though it was very marginal.

Worst case scenario we don't add corner help from the portal, but we at least still get a ton of guys back. Would be unrealistic to think none of our secondary players will get any better.

Also, can't forget the entire secondary was out injured for spring practice last year.

Hopefully they get all the development possible going into next year.

Baylor vs Air Force

Who wins?

I haven't seen AF play, but they have a 4 game win streak, but have some questionable losses. Baylor has lost 3 in a row, but they were tougher opponents than what AF has faced.

I was looking into best bets and most seem to be going with AF +4 or an outright win.

I thought Baylor would be a bigger favorite and win easily, am I missing something?
How many Baylor Bears are opting out?

Gut would go Baylor on sheer talent

Watching a little bit of 247 sports coverage of signing day

Wiltfong on Bama-

"This is the kind of class that will get Alabama back to playing football the way they want to"

Oh? Because last years 2nd best class, 2021's no.1 ranked class, 2020's 2nd ranked class etc. Wasn't good enough???

Poor lil ol bammers

Half will be gone in 2 years with the free transfer. Almost half of the 2020 class is gone. Very few are willing to not play and wait their turn anymore

Watching a little bit of 247 sports coverage of signing day

Wiltfong on Bama-

"This is the kind of class that will get Alabama back to playing football the way they want to"

Oh? Because last years 2nd best class, 2021's no.1 ranked class, 2020's 2nd ranked class etc. Wasn't good enough???

Poor lil ol bammers
They have zero excuse for playing as overall crappy as they did this year...they are lucky to have not lost 4-5 games.

Inevitable entropy is taking is pound of flesh imo. As long as they keep stacking talent, they will be a contender, but nobody is just bending over for them anymore.

Maybe when he has more faith in his guys he won't be married to playing the softest zone known to man.

It felt to me that whenever he let his guys be aggressive we did demonstrably better.

Hey we did improve on defense this year in pretty much every way. Even the secondary, even though it was very marginal.

Worst case scenario we don't add corner help from the portal, but we at least still get a ton of guys back. Would be unrealistic to think none of our secondary players will get any better.

Also, can't forget the entire secondary was out injured for spring practice last year.

Hopefully they get all the development possible going into next year.
It’s hard to have faith in them when you have so many out in the preseason and out during the regular season as well…. We were very aggressive against Pittsburgh when we were at our healthiest.

Hey @Freak and the mods, can we please ban any poster from the recruiting forum that comes in here and starts these random threads, except LWS? Either that or can we please get an ignore thread function back? Thanks in advance!

Yours truly,

VN recruiting forum regulars

Ignore the people who start the new threads. Thread disappears.

Weather is going to be brutal. I switched to AF, but what do I know?.I was rolling with USA last night.
Every sports has felt completely unpredictable over the past year. I can't bet anymore.

Like us losing to USCjr like we did was unfathomable and there's been several other examples like that all year.

Even last night

25th ranked 11-1 Arizona State played at 9-4 San Francisco....were down 26-2 at one point and lead by as many as 47! Like wtf!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back