Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the whole game from start to finish. Yes there were some bad calls but blaming the refs for the loss is just wrong. We got out played in the end. Just like 99% of our football losses when people blame refs. Refs miss calls for both teams.

Hit more shots
Hit more 3s
Hit higher FG %
Hit higher 3PT %
Less turnovers
More Steals

27 FTAs to 10 FTAs

You must have watched the whole game blindfolded if you think we got outplayed.

Went to the game last night. Gave it my all for Tennessee.

A few observations:

Tennessee fans were far and few in McKale. But we were loud and singing Rocky Top as much as we could at every opportunity.

Uros Plavsic needs to chill TF out. Barnes and rest of team was all business but annoyed w/ Uros's antics. Zona was messing with him just to get into his head and it set the tone for the game and the refs.

We were LIVID at the refs and their inconsistency. I definitely thought Barnes should have gotten a T just to let the refs have it.

Zakai gave it his all. He was all over the court.

Vescovi is bad right now. He is not himself. Right now, he is hampering this offense's flow. We have to slow down for him. Play the other guys and get them experience for SEC play and Tournament time.

We missed JJJ last night. We missed his leadership. JJJ plays, we win this game, in spite of the refs.

The team came out to play and we put up a fight against a quality team in their home.

I watched the whole game from start to finish. Yes there were some bad calls but blaming the refs for the loss is just wrong. We got out played in the end. Just like 99% of our football losses when people blame refs. Refs miss calls for both teams.
I never once blamed the loss on the refs. But it is also true that bad officiating in basketball can change the flow of the game more than any other sport.

Steven Covey had a bit of advice. Start every day with the last in mind. The principle behind it centers around you floating above your own funeral. Who is there? Who did you touch enough for them to make the trip and take time out of their day to laugh, cry, and reflect on your life? Are there many people? Or are there few?

I think we can all see Mike Leach's true greatness in this world. Not just about the wins. Not just about the innovation. Fans of teams all over the Big 12, Pac 12, and SEC are mourning as though they lost their own coach, a loved one. Mike Leach was one of a kind. He was a real McCoy. He will be missed. It's really not strange how his passing has conjured up so many memories from many of us about our loved ones that passed. That was what Mike did. He took time to make deep connections. Those connections formed a highway that bridged across the TV and Social Media and across the nation.
I am still wiping my eyes after reading this. You said it so well…you spoke what is in my heart.

Some times coaches make bad decisions. Martinez likes to play upperclassmen even when they struggle but seem to know more plays. It killed us all year. Tank was not good and was out played by Slaughter. Yet they continued to play Tank when he came back and moved slaughter. Flowers gets hate but he is much better than tank. He is a liability.
I agree that coaches make bad decisions…. The games that McCullough missed…. We didn’t play good defense so I’m not sure Slaughter out played him…..Slaughter definitely flashed some this year though.

Option C… Raise your hand if you don’t care about kickball. 🙋🏻‍♂️
welcome-back-kotter-kotter.gif

To be fair...I also don't care if people post that do love watching people run around like ants on a giant field while playing a game of boring keep away only with their feet, heads and torso allowed to touch the ball.

I just scroll right on by...no pain or annoyance at all is involved.

Hit more shots
Hit more 3s
Hit higher FG %
Hit higher 3PT %
Less turnovers
More Steals

27 FTAs to 10 FTAs

You must have watched the whole game blindfolded if you think we got outplayed.
I really liked what I saw from our team. Phillips had a bad night but other guys stepped up. I thought the block he had would get him going, but it just wasn’t his night. Tyreke Key stepped up and brought the energy when we needed it. Awaka will get there too—he’s filling a niche on this team but needs more time to get all the way there.
We were stretching the defense but just couldn’t couple that with drives. Part of that was 3 charge calls in the 1st half.
This team has a ton to build on and will keep getting better as the season goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back