Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it wasn’t. But the refs missed calls for both teams. If you think differently then you just have your orange colored glasses on. Every single loss in basketball and football the same ref excuse comes out. Blame the refs all you want. But you look foolish doing so. The refs didn’t lose us this game.
College referees are and will continue to be inconsistent. But they didn’t cost us the game. They missed calls, 1000000%. The refs didn’t make Tyreke turn the ball over in our over and back violation. The refs didn’t make zakai fall asleep on the wing and get beat on a back door cut. Refs have human error, and if we think they’re always going to call in our favor then we’ll never win it all. The best teams overcome it, and find ways to win inspite of it.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Dude no one’s saying it was a perfectly reffed game. Plenty of missed calls, especially on UTs side. But Arizona as a team is going to draw calls. We didn’t play our best game, we are without one of our most experienced players in JJJ. Hope the team can take this and learn from it, and especially use it as fuel with how Arizona acted at the end to get the last laugh at the end of the season.
1611848914693.gif

No it wasn’t. But the refs missed calls for both teams. If you think differently then you just have your orange colored glasses on. Every single loss in basketball and football the same ref excuse comes out. Blame the refs all you want. But you look foolish doing so. The refs didn’t lose us this game.
Barnes stated twice he did not want to "take anything away from Arizona." But he felt the Vols were going inside with as much consistency as the Wildcats without getting the same foul calls.
-from the same msn article above.

It adds up, it changes play on one end that leads to more points due to softer defense, leads to less points the other way due to passive offense(more jumpshots, harder drives by allowed contact without FTs).

Do I think this is a conspiracy? No. They are just **** at their jobs and let the crowd effect them. It takes a lot for Barnes so make those comments on the refs.

It's always about officiating in all team sports. Rigged is rigged. You have to be good enough each day/night to beat both the opponent and the officials. We were not. We learned a lot as a team and Barnes will have plenty of ammunition for officials and the players going forward. We do know we need a healthy JJJ playing 25+ minutes per game at some point.

Enjoy the break. We have a top 10 team no matter what the "experts" say. March is what matters most.

Is there anyone left that could be added to the 23 class at this point? Doesn’t seem like it, really want a nice surprise but seems like there’s zero buzz about anyone.

Is there anyone left that could be added to the 23 class at this point? Doesn’t seem like it, really want a nice surprise but seems like there’s zero buzz about anyone.
We are pushing for the offensive lineman that Georgia is slow paying. AP said that we may look to add a CB but didn’t think we would try to replace Smith as a safety prospect.

After reading that article, I immediately researched which fusion companies were (1) receiving the most VC money (2) receiving the most public funding because they just released $50M to private companies for the first time (3) the closest to being able to commercialize it moving forward. I will be keeping a very close eye on that list of companies for my investing moving forward.
And where can I find that list?

Transfer Portal, iyam. Or staff is happy with Tank Mccoulough
It seems that the staff thinks more highly of Tank than our fans do…. Fans see a few splash plays and thinks someone is better without seeing all of that positions responsibilities…. Fans did that with Hadden at the beginning of the year as well…. I have no idea if he should be benched compared to other guys or not…. We can definitely upgrade though if their is a true stud safety available.

It seems that the staff thinks more highly of Tank than our fans do…. Fans see a few splash plays and thinks someone is better without seeing all of that positions responsibilities…. Fans did that with Hadden at the beginning of the year as well…. I have no idea if he should be benched compared to other guys or not…. We can definitely upgrade though if their is a true stud safety available.
I trust WM. Dude's SEC experience is impressive.

Tht said we need moar speed.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I trust WM. Dude's SEC experience is impressive.

Tht said we need moar speed.
We definitely need to get more athletic… everyone wants to add more DBs but for the first time since Heup has been here…. We have plenty of scholarship players in the secondary…. We need to be selective and find a true number one corner and a stud free safety if there are any of those are available….

I would love it if a couple of our freshman could step up and be ready to start early…. Alabama/Georgia always have those kind of recruits.

McCullough isn't great, but I've always thought Flowers was more of a liability back there.

The coaches know who screws up during a play. Most fans think the guy closest to the play screws up rather than who really did. Trying to cover someones else's mistake can make you look very bad.

We definitely need to get more athletic… everyone wants to add more DBs but for the first time since Heup has been here…. We have plenty of scholarship players in the secondary…. We need to be selective and find a true number one corner and a stud free safety if there are any of those are available….

I would love it if a couple of our freshman could step up and be ready to start early…. Alabama/Georgia always have those kind of recruits.
I just agreed with Volbeast

Reactions: SweetasSoda
NFL Draft Profile: Trevon Flowers, Safety, Tennessee Volunteers

This write up about Flowers makes you wonder how he was able to start… couldn’t find one on McCullough but found this interesting.

"Flowers lacks field vision"
"Flowers is a bad tackler, getting caught flat footed"
"Average speed"

1. Most of us could have wrote this. Lol
2. Willie only plays veterans. I kind of hope he does the same next season, we get torched again, and he gets canned. Did that last time he was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back