Jeremy Banks Comments

Re: Hadden. Two ways to look at it. Seems like motivation to work on one’s craft. In fact, there is a direct correlation to performance and $$.

I think maybe he needs more motivation besides that mouth of his.
His NIL value has decreased by 66% since September.

Last edited:
Earn something? You must be thinking this is still your grandad’s college football. Win one for the Gipper and all that antiquated stuff. These guys are trained from Pop Warner that they are entitled. “Earning” something is extinct. It’s now “I want my money and I want it now.” You think Nico has “earned” those millions in NIL money he got? Not yet. But it’s the new reality. The fans either deal with that concept or they move on to other interests.

And what happens when a high nil deal is done before a player takes a snap and they are a bust. Is the coach going to have to play him anyway, because of a huge nil deal?

Word I heard was Banks violated a team rule and was supposed to do push-ups but declined to do so then Hooker called him out on it which led to a confrontation and suspension for Banks which I guess the D was butthurt over so they went on strike basically against USCjr. That almost holds water because that was NOT the same D that held LSU to 13 and UK to 98 yards passing. If that is indeed true it’s a real kick in the nads that something stupid like that cost us a chance to get in the playoff. Thanks for nothing Banks

On his Instagram story, for what it's worth:

"Wasn't about no conflict or nun like that. Get facts bro, coming back harder than ever!"
I don't really give a damn what he has to say. For whatever reason, he did something to have his butt left at home. He wasn't there when his teammates needed him in a game of huge importance. I'll always remember him for that.

And what happens when a high nil deal is done before a player takes a snap and they are a bust. Is the coach going to have to play him anyway, because of a huge nil deal?
Good question. I wondered what happen to the money that Emoni Bates got when he signed with Memphis BB and ended up being a huge bust. Nothing ever written about that.

Word I heard was Banks violated a team rule and was supposed to do push-ups but declined to do so then Hooker called him out on it which led to a confrontation and suspension for Banks which I guess the D was butthurt over so they went on strike basically against USCjr. That almost holds water because that was NOT the same D that held LSU to 13 and UK to 98 yards passing. If that is indeed true it’s a real kick in the nads that something stupid like that cost us a chance to get in the playoff. Thanks for nothing Banks
Banks issue created dissension between defensive and offensivw camps. It showed at SC. The team quit. You could see it all night. No pass rush, too much cushion for receivers, eyes in the wrong place, missing gap coverages, chasing receivers with the ball, tackling upright, arm tackles. Watch the replay. Many players were mentally disengaged evidenced by their physical body language and lack of pursuit effort. SC had their best night offensively while TN defensively their worst.
Be surprised if JB plays Saturday let alone still on the team. Hope Heup gets the team refocused. This controversy has the beginnings of festering into our last game, bowl game and into next year. We need a high-caliber DC and 4 & 5 star db & safety recruits...without the attitude and police record.

No, hopefully they helped recruit some players around them during there recruitment and they just don't get paid no more.

Side note: Kamal Hadden’s NIL value has dropped 66% since 9/20/2022. Do you think this affects his playing attitude for the better or for worse?

Kamal Hadden - NIL Profile
Who knows, maybe he puts 2 and 2 together and figures out that acting like a moron on national tv "ain't good for bizness" and stops doing it....

Like it or not, one fact I have yet to see mentioned, bottom line, Spyre is in business to make money not just to hand college athletes a check..

My understanding is Banks had an unexcused absence from practice Monday before the SC game. My guess is, the practice no show combined with some other "issues" this season got him suspended for the SC game.

The spat between him and Hooker happened later in the week and IMO was a big nothing burger. He stepped on the T in the locker room which is punishable by doing pushups. It was called out by Hooker and Banks evidently got pissy about it. The locker room T tradition is not new. I'm quite sure it has been stepped on before and the vast majority of times, most likely, was not that big of a deal.

IMO, the defensive melt down was a dominoe effect of over looking the opponent, inexperience in a big game, a hostile atmosphere, the defensive QB and emotional leader not being there and the defensive coordinator over adjusting for that by doing things like playing a bit vanilla, dumbing things down, etc...

This is mostly my opinion based on information that's out there. I believe most everything except how bad the defense played has been blown out of proportion. That said, if there is serious dissension, then we will see it tonite.

My understanding is Banks had an unexcused absence from practice Monday before the SC game. My guess is, the practice no show combined with some other "issues" this season got him suspended for the SC game.

The spat between him and Hooker happened later in the week and IMO was a big nothing burger. He stepped on the T in the locker room which is punishable by doing pushups. It was called out by Hooker and Banks evidently got pissy about it. The locker room T tradition is not new. I'm quite sure it has been stepped on before and the vast majority of times, most likely, was not that big of a deal.

IMO, the defensive melt down was a dominoe effect of over looking the opponent, inexperience in a big game, a hostile atmosphere, the defensive QB and emotional leader not being there and the defensive coordinator over adjusting for that by doing things like playing a bit vanilla, dumbing things down, etc...

This is mostly my opinion based on information that's out there. I believe most everything except how bad the defense played has been blown out of proportion. That said, if there is serious dissension, then we will see it tonite.

No idea about the quality of your information but just want to say this paints a very different picture than a lot of the interpretations.

Like we don’t know exactly what happened or how much exaggeration or embellishments have been added, not necessarily maliciously, but by people who even if they know some of it or even saw some of it think that they what they heard or saw is the full picture.

We also don’t know what any punishments actually were or what they were for. All we know is JB didn’t attend, we lost after playing really poorly, Heupel said something about this needing to hurt even for those not here, and various versions of a few events have been presented as the reason.

Even if some version of the things described in these threads happened it doesn’t mean it was the main reason or even relevant at all to any punishment. Even if it did play a part it also doesn’t necessarily give important context and other things were not involved.

People in the locker room could see something, know about some discipline happening but not know all of the important details and be wrong about what was most relevant, if the event seen was even relevant at all. Other things not seen could be important, while the observed maybe doesn’t even factor in or is just a piece.

And before someone goes and says something about a stupid decision to keep someone out of a game because of something like a missed meeting: see above points again. Doing the same assuming just with some different event while occurrence, accuracy, relevance, and context are all just being guessed is just gossip.

No idea about the quality of your information but just want to say this paints a very different picture than a lot of the interpretations.

Like we don’t know exactly what happened or how much exaggeration or embellishments have been added, not necessarily maliciously, but by people who even if they know some of it or even saw some of it think that they what they heard or saw is the full picture.

We also don’t know what any punishments actually were or what they were for. All we know is JB didn’t attend, we lost after playing really poorly, Heupel said something about this needing to hurt even for those not here, and various versions of a few events have been presented as the reason.

Even if some version of the things described in these threads happened it doesn’t mean it was the main reason or even relevant at all to any punishment. Even if it did play a part it also doesn’t necessarily give important context and other things were not involved.

People in the locker room could see something, know about some discipline happening but not know all of the important details and be wrong about what was most relevant, if the event seen was even relevant at all. Other things not seen could be important, while the observed maybe doesn’t even factor in or is just a piece.

And before someone goes and says something about a stupid decision to keep someone out of a game because of something like a missed meeting: see above points again. Doing the same assuming just with some different event while occurrence, accuracy, relevance, and context are all just being guessed is just gossip.

BS. Jeremy Banks' off-field, on-field, and locker-room incidents lead to the explosion which divided the team. 90% of friction in life comes from tone of voice. The other 10% comes from individual ignorance. Do you really think if JB would have just been a teammate, there would have been no controversy and SC beat down wouldn't have happened. Do you place blame on HH? JM?? Look at the source of all this contention.

BS. Jeremy Banks' off-field, on-field, and locker-room incidents lead to the explosion which divided the team. 90% of friction in life comes from tone of voice. The other 10% comes from individual ignorance. Do you really think if JB would have just been a teammate, there would have been no controversy and SC beat down wouldn't have happened. Do you place blame on HH? JM?? Look at the source of all this contention.
We were winning, and decisively, before the JB, HH, JM controversy. Put blame where it belongs. Heup did when he said he hopes this stung every player who didn't make the trip. Shade at JB.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I have no "information" other than what I've gleaned here and from people like Hyams and others via podcast, etc. Basically the same info everyone here has. My post is my general OPINION of a POSSIBLE scenario of events.

OK...... Confusing.... I'll just respond with this.. Basically you take what you know, imagine the best and worst possible scenarios. The truth generally falls somewhere in between...

You have two possible scenarios, 1) Banks was suspeneded, 2) Banks decided to just stay home and not play for his own reasons (unlikely IMO). I would imagine if a player decided to stay home, on his own without a satisfactory excuse, a suspension for that might be in order.

Pretty much what I meant when I said I believed it was the missed practice combined with "other issues" that lead to a suspension and the incident with Hooker was unrelated...

OK........

Pretty sure it was a missed practice and not a team meeting. Also, it's a message board, most everything on here, including my opinions, could be classified as "gossip".

We were winning, and decisively, before the JB, HH, JM controversy. Put blame where it belongs. Heup did when he said he hopes this stung every player who didn't make the trip. Shade at JB.

Hooker got his 2 big NIL deals right before the GA game.
Honestly i think NIL deals should only be allowed in the off-season.
It's a freaking distraction for some.

Hooker got his 2 big NIL deals right before the GA game.
Honestly i think NIL deals should only be allowed in the off-season.
It's a freaking distraction for some.
Hooker is a senior that’s star has risen a lot. We can’t legally prevent him from making money on NIL.

VN Store

Back