Excuse the question, but where is JJJ?

This! We sure didn't look great today in the OT win. We need JJJ early and often.
It finally clicked for him last season when he returned from injury and carried us from bubble team to SECT Championship, high seed, then unfortunately a crash v UM. But IMO, he was at an All American level the 2nd ½ of 21-22'. We NEED him badly.
Yes, JJJ played great at the end of last year. But come on, we were never a bubble team, a Tournament lock, all year

If JJJ is having enough issues that they are sitting him, then little question it affects his play. Just had a true frosh who plays the same position, put the team on his back and score 25. Asinine? I don’t think so

Well, I must say the league had better watch out when he gets healthy...lol. JJJ leads the team (players playing 10 or more minutes) on a per game basis so far in points scored, fg %, 3-pt % (by far), def rebounds, and total rebounds. His advanced metrics are even more eye-popping where he leads the team in true shooting % (by far), effective field goal %, defensive rebound %, total rebound %, win share per 40 minutes played (next closed player is JP but he is almost .1 behind), offensive box plus/minus (JJJ is at 12 and JP is next at 4.5), defensive box plus/minus, and overall box plus/minus (JJJ is at 19.7 and JP is next at 9.2).

So, please tell me more about how this team looks "best" when JJJ is not playing while the statistics and eye test (and I didn't even mention his intangibles) clearly say otherwise.

Well, I must say the league had better watch out when he gets healthy...lol. JJJ leads the team (players playing 10 or more minutes) on a per game basis so far in points scored, fg %, 3-pt % (by far), def rebounds, and total rebounds. His advanced metrics are even more eye-popping where he leads the team in true shooting % (by far), effective field goal %, defensive rebound %, total rebound %, win share per 40 minutes played (next closed player is JP but he is almost .1 behind), offensive box plus/minus (JJJ is at 12 and JP is next at 4.5), defensive box plus/minus, and overall box plus/minus (JJJ is at 19.7 and JP is next at 9.2).

So, please tell me more about how this team looks "best" when JJJ is not playing while the statistics and eye test (and I didn't even mention his intangibles) clearly say otherwise.
Did you watch the Colorado game? I said it was a small sample size. Good grief, are you related? I’ve never seen people get so personally offended if you make a comment. Relax

Did you watch the Colorado game? I said it was a small sample size. Good grief, are you related? I’ve never seen people get so personally offended if you make a comment. Relax

You mean the game where JJJ led the team in scoring with 15 points and shot 50% from 3-pt line (4 of 8...best on the team by far), led the team in blocks, and was second in rebounds with a team leading plus/minus of 21.4 (compared to Phillips who had a plus/minus of -8.3)? That game?

I stand by my statement that your post was asinine. And don't get it twisted...I am not offended in the slightest but you may not be cut out for online message boards.

You mean the game where JJJ led the team in scoring with 15 points and shot 50% from 3-pt line (4 of 8...best on the team by far), led the team in blocks, and was second in rebounds with a team leading plus/minus of 21.4 (compared to Phillips who had a plus/minus of -8.3)? That game?

I stand by my statement that your post was asinine. And don't get it twisted...I am not offended in the slightest but you may not be cut out for online message boards.
I’m excited to see what kind of small ball lineups we can run with once he gets back. ZZ, Vescovi, Phillips, JJJ, and Nkamhoua will give us excellent spacing offensively while still being able to play good defense

I’m excited to see what kind of small ball lineups we can run with once he gets back. ZZ, Vescovi, Phillips, JJJ, and Nkamhoua will give us excellent spacing offensively while still being able to play good defense

Exactly. JJJ is crucial to this team and makes it better on both ends of the floor. Offensively, he and Phillips are our best triple threats which will help open up the floor for our 3-pt shooters.

I see some signs that Mashack is coming around on the offensive end. Still plenty of room for growth, but I'm encouraged.
I’m encouraged by him, too, although he did have 4 turnovers last night. He seemed much more tentative last night, but I do think Kansas played really tough D.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
It’s interesting that Josiah did not play at all this week after having played the previous few games. I’m guessing that the knee is still acting up and the decision to hold him out in the Bahamas was partly made in view of the fact he will now have exactly 2 weeks between games, as of the upcoming game this Wednesday.

I suppose it’s possible that the knee is just not progressing well at all, and that he could be held out through the rest of the non-conference schedule. Sometimes, joint injuries just don’t heal without extensive rest periods. Hopefully we get him back before too long.

It’s interesting that Josiah did not play at all this week after having played the previous few games. I’m guessing that the knee is still acting up and the decision to hold him out in the Bahamas was partly made in view of the fact he will now have exactly 2 weeks between games, as of the upcoming game this Wednesday.

I suppose it’s possible that the knee is just not progressing well at all, and that he could be held out through the rest of the non-conference schedule. Sometimes, joint injuries just don’t heal without extensive rest periods. Hopefully we get him back before too long.

I think that they knew that back-to-back-to-back games was going to hurt his knee and rather than not knowing how long he could go in any capacity it was a better scenario to come out of Atlantis with his knee well rested instead of having him play until he was in severe pain. Playing in the championship game was an unexpected outcome and wasn’t a must win. If TN had started 0-2 instead of 2-0 I think he might have been playing to try preventing a complete disaster.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I think that they knew that back-to-back-to-back games was going to hurt his knee and rather than not knowing how long he could go in any capacity it was a better scenario to come out of Atlantis with his knee well rested instead of having him play until he was in severe pain. Playing in the championship game was an unexpected outcome and wasn’t a must win. If TN had started 0-2 instead of 2-0 I think he might have been playing to try preventing a complete disaster.
How do you figure?

VN Store

Back