What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

Actually several folks predicted 10-2, but many saw 9-3, which sadly still a possibility. Lots of folks saw us beating one, if not two, of GA, Bama, and FL.

No one, I've no idea what the odds were from Vegas, could see us losing to USCe....... which is why everyone is confused.
I know people predicted 10-2. But no one who predicted 10-2 called a loss to SC, so why call a poster out for saying at the beginning of the season that a loss to them is a problem?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Whatever you say, oh omnipotent and flawless One. Fact is, like the rest of us, beyond hearsay, you don't know a darn thing about what actually happened. Yet want to pass judgment. So, whatever you say, oh omnipotent and flawless One.

Please keep up. I did not pass judgement. I rendered judgement.. my judgement was when he said he shoots cops. To me that crossed a line that should not have allowed him to play football any longer for The University of Tennessee. And I have seen nothing since that night that changes my opinion on that.

Hit the nail on the head.Losing banks was like losing Daniel Bituli when we lost to Georgia State(yes,i sick for two days)If he had to sit for violation of team rules,then fine he needed to sit.But,if he sat trying to prove the point he was just as valuable as Hooker then what a sorry team mate he was.Or did he forget the second chance he was given.He owed the University and the Fans to play his heart out every play.He should be Thankful to be on this team.

Hit the nail on the head.Losing banks was like losing Daniel Bituli when we lost to Georgia State(yes,i sick for two days)If he had to sit for violation of team rules,then fine he needed to sit.But,if he sat trying to prove the point he was just as valuable as Hooker then what a sorry team mate he was.Or did he forget the second chance he was given.He owed the University and the Fans to play his heart out every play.He should be Thankful to be on this team.

Reactions: Vol524
Please keep up. I did not pass judgement. I rendered judgement.. my judgement was when he said he shoots cops. To me that crossed a line that should not have allowed him to play football any longer for The University of Tennessee. And I have seen nothing since that night that changes my opinion on that.
To be specific, his exact words were Where I'm From, We Shoot at Cops.”

That’s an severely inappropriate thing to say, but worthy of never playing again? He took a year suspension, did some community work. This, when a lot of kids could have bailed. It’s not as if he wouldn’t have been picked up quickly by another team.

Anyways, we know that whatever happened centered around Banks, but we don’t know specifically how or why. It’s quite possible that he’s being treated unfairly by the staff. It’s possible he’s to blame.

Reactions: dgrind65
I know people predicted 10-2. But no one who predicted 10-2 called a loss to SC, so why call a poster out for saying at the beginning of the season that a loss to them is a problem?
Because that poster is calling Rattler's "NFL talent" as the "major reason" we lost to USCe which is complete BS. We've played better QBs by his own words and not given up 63. Rattler's great game was part of it and unusual for this season but there's far bigger issues than his "NFL talent" involved in our loss at South Carolina.

For today, let's gets be thankful for health, family, friends, and football..... regardless of disagreements.

Maybe we practiced a certain defensive scheme based on previous games by SC. Then SC came out doing something totally different and unexpected and we called defensive plays we haven't practiced in a while and were completely lost. Looked like the defense was thinking of where they were supposed to be instead of knowing where to be. Thinking instead of playing. Maybe........

Reactions: EasternVol
Well, honestly, what do you EXPECT? I am not exactly ready for a party with balloons, cake, and ice cream 😂. We just suffered the most damaging loss to a season since 2001. Forgive us for taking more than 72 hours to work through all five stages of grief. I am still 💯 percent on ANGER

Agree. It will take a long time to get over this loss to South Carolina. Winning out from here will help, but Heupel has to fix whatever went wrong out there with the defense.
Looks to me like some player's heads need to roll. Members of that group did not show up Saturday. If Banks is who they look to for leadership, something is fundamentally wrong.

I never have gotten over the 2001 SEC championship game. It was a program altering loss.

Maybe we practiced a certain defensive scheme based on previous games by SC. Then SC came out doing something totally different and unexpected and we called defensive plays we haven't practiced in a while and were completely lost. Looked like the defense was thinking of where they were supposed to be instead of knowing where to be. Thinking instead of playing. Maybe........
I put it on the recruiting thread, but my Dad and I were talking about it over the Thanksgiving meal (my mom was like omg lol) .. but he is on a different site (of the pay variety).. and the rumor they have was it was JB and a certain coach got into it - and this SC debacle was the result (he’s been right a time or two in terms of gossip)…

Reactions: ATCVolinmn
Ain't it time we put this f****** game to bed. I swear all the focus needs to be going forward...all the were going win by 60 last week took a giant bite out of our ass.

At least I didn't shell out $400 a seat for Vandy tix, which is what they were selling for up until Saturday evening. Price might still be inflated if Vandy fans start thinking they might beat us.
They were $150 lol

Agreed. I never thought that thug should have been reinstated after the incident with KPD.
And now, 3 years later, he is still a cancer for the football program.
Why he is playing on Saturday vs Vandy is beyond me.
Send him packing and if the rest of the defense pulls another stunt like SC, play the young guys.

10-2 or 9-3 is progress.

Either support the team or put your Alabama gear back on.
Crap, so college football is down to only two teams now? You either have to support Tennessee or Alabama? Man. Can you share what happened to the other 129 schools in FBS? Is the FCS gone too? I really liked Montana. What a bad day to hear this.

Agreed. I never thought that thug should have been reinstated after the incident with KPD.
And now, 3 years later, he is still a cancer for the football program.
Why he is playing on Saturday vs Vandy is beyond me.
Send him packing and if the rest of the defense pulls another stunt like SC, play the young guys.
So you know for certain the details of why he didn't play? Please let us in on the scoop. How has he been a cancer before last week?

Reactions: Remy
Most seasons you win you shouldn’t and lose one you shouldn’t! Bama & SC are those for 2022 Vols season!
Your right many teams have done this on occasion through the years. Sometimes in bad fashion like what happened to us. Just a few years ago Ohio State got waxed like 55-21 against a much weaker conference team. I am pretty sure Urban Meyer was there. I will have to look it up. They bounced back too from what I remember. Sometimes crazy stuff just happens. Edit- 2017 Iowa 55 Ohio St 24.

Last edited:
Your right many teams have done this on occasion through the years. Sometimes in bad fashion like what happened to us. Just a few years ago Ohio State got waxed like 55-21 against a much weaker conference team. I am pretty sure Urban Meyer was there. I will have to look it up. They bounced back too from what I remember. Sometimes crazy stuff just happens. Edit- 2017 Iowa 55 Ohio St 24.
OSU went on to win the big ten and their bowl game vs the other USC that year.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back