Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulls##t.
He got fired by blatantly ignoring all rules , but more so the unwritten rules of —when you’re all out cheating try to keep it under the radar.
In order to help his hillbilly a$$ out by winning a few more games.
If he wanted to help families in need he could of openly donated a million to United Way or started his on charity.
He got fired bc he didn’t win games…. His cheating was just the excuse.

Last edited:
Forgive me Lord for I have sinned. It wasn't Sushi but how I feel. :D
giphy.gif

I like ZZ but haven’t been too impressed with him this season. He drives until het gets stuck and throws the ball to whoever can restart the play. If he is going to keep driving, and I hope he does, he need to drive with a plan in mind. He barely averages more assists than turnovers. He has to make more of an impact on offense because he is a liability when they are posting him up on defense.
Z held their best scorer to 6 points in the second half after he scored 15 in the first half. They mentioned that whoever he is guarding so far this year is avg 25% from the field. Let’s settle down on him being a liability on defense.

I was sitting here unable to function like a normal human after the turkey dinner and watching the football games and something really struck me. I have noticed all season long that any time we are on defense, no matter if it is a run or pass any time we make a tackle they always seem to fall forward. Very seldom do they stop them in their tracks and even less than that push them backwards.

I haven't put on the pads in over 40 some odd years but we were taught to drive your shoulder into the runner, wrap them up and drive them backwards and not arm tackle or use your head like a battering ram. Are they not taught the basics anymore or did that all go out with leather helmets......I never played with a leather helmet but I did play with the ones that had basically webbing inside with a two bar face mask and no padding and beyond that I don't ever remember my helmet coming off and we only had one chin strap.

I was sitting here unable to function like a normal human after the turkey dinner and watching the football games and something really struck me. I have noticed all season long that any time we are on defense, no matter if it is a run or pass any time we make a tackle they always seem to fall forward. Very seldom do they stop them in their tracks and even less than that push them backwards.

I haven't put on the pads in over 40 some odd years but we were taught to drive your shoulder into the runner, wrap them up and drive them backwards and not arm tackle or use your head like a battering ram. Are they not taught the basics anymore or did that all go out with leather helmets......I never played with a leather helmet but I did play with the ones that had basically webbing inside with a two bar face mask and no padding and beyond that I don't ever remember my helmet coming off and we only had one chin strap.

What are you 100 years old

They've regressed, they were playing 2-hand touch vs USC. Bad thing is, I'm not really joking.

What are you 100 years old
Nope 62. When I got to high school we had "better" helmets but still one chin strap. I remember a coach yelling one time that if your helmet came off your head had better be in it but as I recall that never happened. Something else for the younger ones out there, our cleats screwed on and if one "happened" to come off there was just the steel screw sticking out........ah the good old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back