Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is setting up for a potentially crazy ending. Mich/OSU one will get a loss, USC may get beat by Notre Dame, LSU may lose this week or SECCG, TCU could lose the conference championship. How nuts would it be to have OSU/Georgia then 5 or 6 10-2 teams to choose from. I don't know if 1-loss TCU and Michigan get in over some of the other teams or not without a conference championship.

2014. I met you in 2007, I was in middle school band at Gable. Distinctly remember you saying something about me wearing something UT related when you were there, the woman who taught band at that time was out for some reason.
Wow! That was my first year there and she was out with mono if I remember correctly. She left after that year. We know a lot of the same people I bet.

This season is setting up for a potentially crazy ending. Mich/OSU one will get a loss, USC may get beat by Notre Dame, LSU may lose this week or SECCG, TCU could lose the conference championship. How nuts would it be to have OSU/Georgia then 5 or 6 10-2 teams to choose from. I don't know if 1-loss TCU and Michigan get in over some of the other teams or not without a conference championship.
I love chaos! Bring it!

I can’t even like this craziness because of we can’t capitalize on it. NOPE NOT GONNA DO IT CONWAYFITTY.

I have been baffled by our defense. Some games they play out of their minds and others it looks like a monkey engaging in sexual relations with a football. It seems like a combination of coaching and players not executing. Don't know if Tim Banks is the guy or not but I also know that he is handicapped due to past recruiting and attrition. Only time will tell and Heupel will have to put on his big boy britches and make a decision in the off season.
I do the same thing playing golf. One day everything is clicking and the next day it all turns to sh^t. Concentration is the answer but it's hard to maintain. Gotta have a strong mind :):)

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
62, Vol fan my entire life, went to my first Vol game in 1975 set on some bleachers, I think it was something like sec. X the stadium was still a Horseshoe !!!! Went to Birmingham for the Bama game in 79 and sat in the Bama student section beside Major Ogilivie's girl friend wearing my ORANGE and on and on.......I have rode the circuit but now I just set and watch them on the tube......in my orange. GO VOLS !!!!
For a second there, I thought Major Ogilvie's girl friend was wearing your Orange :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: thistime
I played some DB/safety. My buddies were amazed at all of my smack talk. I would only challenge the QB to throw it my way. When he didn’t, I would ask why he was scared of the slow ass white boy? 😁

Meanwhile I was encouraging the WRs that I covered with man, you are way faster than me. You were wide open…what’s wrong with your QB, he never targets you, and on and on. It was very much fun…😎

I still miss playing. From tackle to flag football as a resident and attending. I played WR, TE, DE, OLB, Safety/DB, even played center for our flag football teams. Playing center may have been the most fun. I could snap the ball anywhere into the backfield. Our first play on offense, I would snap it to our QB who was lined up as a wideout, depending on the defense, he would throw or run (basically from the sideline). Center is an eligible receiver and nobody ever covered me.

I wonder if there’s an over 50 flag football league? Now that I am almost an empty nester, I’m going to have to look into that… now fielding a team of old goats will be the main issue. 😂
I've had my name on the waiting list for The North Texas Senior Golf Association for almost 3 years. I pretty much gave up on ever playing in their golf tournaments but yesterday I got an email from them and they're gonna admit 9 guys in January. I'm one of the 9 :):). They play about 40 golf tournaments around the DFW area on Wednesday of each week. Someone has to die before a spot is open----I guess 9 guys died this year :cool::cool::cool:

Go be miserable somewhere else. I am 42 years old and have watched my Vols through ups and a lot of downs. Bottom line is we were never even expected to be in the discussion for the CFP this year but we were. Before the season if someone told your miserable butt that we would have even been in that discussion you would would have crapped all over that talk and said we would never be good enough this year for that. Now that we have stumbled and your wet dreams of misery have come true you are here to crap on all the great things that have happened this year. Well, I won't know if you respond to this or not because you will be on my ignore list. Enjoy wallowing in your excrement filled hole of misery.

Go Vols.

Someone can tell Glitch he can take me off ignore so he can read this. He needs to read it.

It is no one's job on here to tell others how to feel.

I have stated before that this year's team is my favorite for several reasons. I can love this team and also be disgusted by the defensive performance at SC. Those two things are NOT mutually exclusive. I never once said I wanted them to lose, wanted a coach fired, or players benched. I simply stated (in an admittedly alcohol enabled mad rant) that that loss will haunt those players for years, especially if they win Saturday and then miss the playoffs because of the SC game. It will haunt the fans as well. All of that is true.

The majority of the posts made in response to mine has been made up garbage of how people think I feel or what they think I wanted-see Glitch's diatribe about a wet dream scenario. In reality they are way off but I expect nothing less from people that think only their opinions matter.

No Kane would be a nice evening out, considering we just HANDED the best Welsh player a goal. Still can't get over that. 😒 Oh well long ways to go.

As a NashvilleSC fan I was proud of the way Zimmerman fought his way into the US team and then became a starter.. and then he goes and does that on the biggest stage. Ooof. Learned a tough lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back