FL RB Trey Sanders

This is not untrue, but Kamara was buried on that Bama depth chart as well. I just assume our coaches know a lot more than we do, so I'm fine with whatever they decide. It'll be interesting to see what RBs hit the portal.
That backfield was insane in 2013. The King didn’t even start. Yeldon, Henry, Drake were running backs 1-3.

Reactions: therickbol
Small has the most 20+ yard runs and the longest on the books. He doesn't fumble and is the best blocker too. Also, he has the least amount of lost yardage. He just can't stay healthy.
He also gets 60-70% of the carries. Of course his numbers are inflated.

Reactions: Renquist
Wright would be a monster if not for his ball security issues. Sampson has great potential but I wouldn't put too much stock in him gashing a half-dead Mizzou D. Small is simply the most reliable all-around back right now.
Agree to disagree.

He also gets 60-70% of the carries. Of course his numbers are inflated.
He’s a ball security pass pro guy that can pick up yards and has a great cut. If he had elite top end speed he’d take this offense to the next level. We need an elite back and thats no knock on smalls effort. He has been a very good ball player for us. Wright has had issues before but they seem to be improving. He’s a productive back but likely not elite. Sampson looks promising if he can pick Up the pass pro. Small seems to be really under appreciated for how well he’s played in the roll. He can do it all, just not elite on speed. If we get a back like small with the top end speed we can be even more deadly on offense.

That’s not really fair. I’ve been banging the drum as loud as anyone that we need a RB who can make more out of less and be a threat to go the distance. But Small is good in short yardage.
Just need to run more and more consistently.

Too many times we coulda salted a game away, or, kept a possession. Then had to score again to get the game. (More so last year than this).

Fortunately we have a 245 lb running back now.

I would love to see our screen/draw game improve.

He’s a ball security pass pro guy that can pick up yards and has a great cut. If he had elite top end speed he’d take this offense to the next level. We need an elite back and thats no knock on smalls effort. He has been a very good ball player for us. Wright has had issues before but they seem to be improving. He’s a productive back but likely not elite. Sampson looks promising if he can pick Up the pass pro. Small seems to be really under appreciated for how well he’s played in the roll. He can do it all, just not elite on speed. If we get a back like small with the top end speed we can be even more deadly on offense.
There is a big difference when you see Sampson run and Small. You can see the difference in the level of athlete. Small has done many good things but we need to play our talent more instead of “secure” guys. It’s a big part of the secondary issues too. Try the freshmen and sophomores at safety. It’s not like it couldn’t get much worse.

I’ll take the players who can turn five yard runs into 20 yard runs and are a threat to score every time they touch the ball.
Then you’re taking just Sampson then? Wright excels at the first part of your statement but he also excels in turning TD run opportunities into 15-20 yds

He has all of 3 more carries than Wright. He starts because he's reliable.
Wright has more yards and a better average. Although very close. But Sampson is on another level and should be playing more than he has. He has another gear and sees the field well.

Wright has more yards and a better average. Although very close. But Sampson is on another level and should be playing more than he has. He has another gear and sees the field well.

I'm not arguing that Sampson has elite qualities. He will eventually be the guy. Just that Small isn't as bad as perceived. I think his numbers would be way better if he could stay healthy. Wright needs to take of the ball and he would probably get more crucial snaps

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Bama’s running back depth chart is no where near the same as when Alvin Kamara was there…. Gibbs would struggle to be the 3rd down back on that team… we need some Dudes….. don’t take anyone just to be taking someone.

Wright is good for 5-8 every time he touches the ball. He doesn’t go down easy either.

Wright runs hard but lacks any real wiggle. It doesn't pay to be fast if you can't possession yourself in the open field to utilize it. He's suspect with his ball security, can't dance behind the line to find a better opening and has shown nothing in the pass game.

Reactions: LittleVol
Wright runs hard but lacks any real wiggle. It doesn't pay to be fast if you can't possession yourself in the open field to utilize it. He's suspect with his ball security, can't dance behind the line to find a better opening and has shown nothing in the pass game.
Said everything I couldn't find the words for

Reactions: johnfnkelly

VN Store

Back